FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBarbie geneveive dancing doll

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Barbie geneveive dancing doll
    Posted: 15 February 2007 at 9:40pm
Am sure alot of you will have seen the add on tv for these dancing dolls from the barbie 12 dancing princesses.. there is the new large one that you get wrist bands with which correspond with the big barbie and the doll dances etc.

Have been looking at these in the last couple of weeks, they are a gorgeous doll, Paris adores them, but they are $90! wholly molly.. that's a heck of a lot, of a lot, of a lot. If she got that it would be pretty much the only thing she got for her birthday - we want to layby it now... which would go well since Kmart has 20% off Barbie etc.

anyway... has anyone bought one of these dolls or seen one of them in action?

I have been on amazon.com and there are heaps of reviews, a fair few really good ones but mostly people saying it's a bit of a dissapointment. Ie: does not actually copy your child's moves.. but if you read what it's supposed to do it actually teaches your child to do ballet moves and tells them how to do them etc... of course it wouldn't copy every move they made. how stupid.. so i wonder about the credibility of the reviews.

if you have got one for your little girl, or have seen one in action - please tell me - was it worth it. It's a heck of alot to pay.. if it is something that she will love and treasure then it's worth it.. I know that if it works well she will love it, if not then no way do i want to get one and have dissapointed on her birthday with a glorified expensive barbie..

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by mum2paris
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Sponsored Links

Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2007 at 6:59am
Slighty OTT but it is wrong that I want one just becuase it has my name??

Errrrr I mean one for Maddie...

Edited by Paws

mum2emj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2emj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2007 at 8:28am
lol paws! they were at the warehouse just before christmas on special about $70. i havent seen one working but they look neat. jade wanted it when she saw it on tv. she loves the 12 dancing princesses.
MILF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MILF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2007 at 6:50pm
xanthe got one for xmas, and she loves it. it has 3 settings. one where barbie just dances, which x enjoys watching. 2 where barbie is dance teacher, and tells you what to do as well as shows, eg "left arm up, leg front, leg back, twirl" etc. 3 is when child moves and barbie moves to same movements - as long as they are preprogrammed movements. so x dances and puts her arms up and leg out ( you get the hang of what barbie can do from the dance teacher one) and barbie copies it.

X is a complete barbie girl, really into ballet and dancing. she loves her barbie and is always playing with it. once she got the hang of it she was into it by herself too, so its good for independant play too (nothing worse than having something that you have to be there to supervise the whole time with)

it does suck through the batteries so be warned....
I think the warehouse has it cheaper than kmart, be worth checking out anyway.
Lyla - mum to

Xanthe - my big 4 year old
and
Jordis - 1 year old
Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2007 at 8:50am
just wanted to say - it sounds totally cute!!!! must keep an eye out for the adverts now....
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2007 at 12:46pm
kewl thank you for that, we have had another look at it an are still undecided but am sure that there will be more sales etc and more chances to layby it.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Post Reply Post Reply