FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedpk you MCN experts ...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AnnC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: pk you MCN experts ...
    Posted: 16 February 2007 at 10:19am
I am beginning to use MCN mainly when i am home - will still use disposiables for going out and night time (as Rhyley sleeps thru)

What I want to know is:

How many do I need? I am using mainly peapods and have a few snazzipants. I have 4 at present but have ordered another 2. This is in the small size as I did get a Med (peapods here) and the gap at the leg is a bit big at present. He is approx 7kgs (will know for sure next week) It says peapods do till 9 months but only up to 9kgs. I suppose I should check when my other two were 9kgs to see when i have to go to the medium...

so if confused with my rambling 2 questions:

how many do I need?

When did your children go to the medium size?
Ann

Also Mum to Josh (15) and Brooke (10)
Sponsored Links

AnnC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2007 at 10:21am
whoops typo mistake 'pk' = 'ok'
Ann

aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2007 at 10:40am
lol I was wondering what pk stood for!!

How many - how many disposables are you going through a day at the moment? I managed with 6 once Hannah was a few months old. We went through 4-6 a day and I washed every night so they were dry and ready to go the next day. If you are using fitteds you may need a few more if you dont have a dryer, cos they take a lot longer to dry than pockets.

Mediums - Hannah has only really used Fuzzi Bunz. She went into mediums when she was 2 months and around 6kg. She fitted these until about 11 months (chubby thighs!). Apparently peadpods are quite big sizing, but Nikki should be able to help you more there.

Also, Hannah was sleeping 12 hours overnight at this stage too and she was in full time cloth - never had any major leaks and never had to change wet sheets. Be brave!

Edited by aimeejoy
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2007 at 10:51am
I've got the (just under) 7kg gremlins in small Peapods on the tightest snaps and medium Fuzzis on the tightest snaps, although the Fuzzis are a little on the big side so I have to stuff them with prefolds so they don't gape so much.

I think my two will be in the small Peapods well after 9kg,and I would say the medium Fuzzi's will probably do us for a good 12 mths at least.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2007 at 12:08pm
Slightly OT... Briona is just growing out of medium FB now, she needs the extra height.
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2007 at 12:26pm
i think gabriel was in med fuzzis till 2 at least, i then went to petites for him cause it was just the rise that was too small.

I also had toby in a size 1 snazzi for ages too, and some mothers have had them in size 1 till 2 ...

it all depends on the size and shape of your bub as to how long they will fit.

and how many depends on how often you want to wash. 6-8 should prob be sufficient if you arent using them full time.

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2007 at 12:54pm
I deliberately didn't answer the "how many do you need" question cos the answer is "far less than I have"
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2007 at 1:38pm
Hrmmmm... how many do you neeeeeed... hrmmmm... depends how addicted you get really! I'd say 8-ish if you are going to wash every day - but that might be pushing it. 12 if you want to do it comfortably. More if you want to wash less. (I like washing every day though as I don't like them sitting around in the dry pail)

And I'd say go for size small peapods.
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2007 at 1:39pm
Oh yeah, and when it came down to it - I had more success overnight with MCN than I did with sposies. When Han leaked through MCN I changed absorbancy... when Han leaked through sposies I couldn't do anything to change them!
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2007 at 2:12pm
Yep we have definaltly had much better sucess with our Fuzzi's at night than we did with disposables. We use 2 inserts and a booster and that lasts fine for 12 hours. We are safe in the knowlegde her bum will stay dry
AnnC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2007 at 3:33pm
Thanks guys i have got (or at least will have when others arrive) 6 MCN. so might get a couple more of sz sml.
I don't think i am brave engh to use mcn over night lol... but never say never
Ann

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2007 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by Kellz Kellz wrote:

We use 2 inserts and a booster and that lasts fine for 12 hours.

Thanks Kellz, I've been meaning to ask that (of everyone) for ages!
jakspak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jakspak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2007 at 7:43pm
ive just got peapods as they are easier for me to get and good price i only have two but wow i love them and am excited about getting the rest i was a bit worried about night time to oh the thought of changing the bed if leaked but i sucked it up and went for it i just had one insert and a booster and so far touch wood we are great. im washing them every day at the mo as i only have two so want to use them at night and during the day im thinking of getting at least 6-8 of them and nappy linners flushable ones lol learnt that leason the hard way. my baby girl if you can call her that is 20mths old and i have her in medium but she is so tiny maybe 9kg maybe 10kg by now so may last till toliet training if all goes well and i may not need the bigger size. realy dont know what i was thinking all this time not having them wish they were easier to get and around when i had my son 5 years ago oh well better late then never i say.
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2007 at 8:06pm
I love my Peapods now. They were a bit leaky to start with, and I tried them again today without the booster and they leaked, but with an insert and a booster they seem to be pretty failproof and are really trim.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2007 at 8:07pm
Oooh, and I just ordered the gremlins a pink Berry Plush all in one each from Snazzipants... they look so cuddly!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2007 at 8:50pm
Gee Emma you have a serious addiction happening!!
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2007 at 8:53pm
Who me? Couldn't be...
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
Leish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2007 at 9:00pm
OOhhh Emma - those are very cute!!
Leish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2007 at 9:00pm
Would be keen to hear how you get on with those too.
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2007 at 9:19pm
The berryplush AIOs look gorgeous - have been eyeing them up for a while!
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>