FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPlayroom flooring

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Playroom flooring
    Posted: 16 February 2007 at 5:03pm
ok this might sound a bit "precious" but I've noticed that Caitlin won't move when I put her on the floor (wooden floors), but when I put a couple of blankets down she'll roll around etc (but then gets tangled up ).
I've put the foam mattress from her travel cot out for her but even though it is only about 5cm think she manages to roll off it and kisses the floor - then come the tears!

I was looking at some of those large foam squares that make a jigsaw on TM and was thinking that might be an idea?!?!

Any other suggestions?

Edited by Toni_akl
Sponsored Links

nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2007 at 5:11pm
Wait it out? She'll get the hang of it!

By all means, get the foam flooring if you feel the need... it's cool stuff anyway (except might get chewed) but within a month she'll be able to move on hard floors.
SMoody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2007 at 6:20pm
McKayla had one way of crawling on carpets and on for hard floors. They will learn really quickly.

How about putting an duvet out? I have that jigsaw puzzle floors and they do work great. Dont know how much they cost over here though.

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2007 at 7:39pm
why not just get a mat...you can get some cool ones for kids rooms.

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2007 at 7:51pm
We got some of the foam jigsaw puzzles for Maya when she was smaller for $10 a pack from the Warehouse (I think there were 10 biggish squares in a pack).

They were great until she learnt to take the pieces out of them, then I seemed to spend half my life putting them back together and hunting for random loose pieces.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2007 at 8:59pm
lol Emma we have those too.

How about a mat/rug? I think I'm thinking of the same thing as gsmum.
Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2007 at 8:28am
$10 jigsaw mat or $50 rug? I know what I'd prefer

Thanks for the tips ladies, I saw a jigsaw mat on TM for $5, I think I'll just get that for now
 Post Reply Post Reply