FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBest recent buy...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best recent buy...
    Posted: 06 March 2007 at 4:13pm
My best recent buy has got to be the Pam's mini pops - ice-blocks in an excellent kids' size. Lately the girls have been having them for afternoon teas because it's so hot! They don't really fall of the stick or get too much for them so they're great, and you can buy the mixed colour set or the plain lemonades

Go on, what have you found recently?
Sponsored Links

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2007 at 4:17pm
This silly little ball that looks like a Kina (spelling) and its rubbery and when u hit it lights inside flash. It came from the $2 shop and Ella LOVES it!!!
Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2007 at 4:40pm
Peek-a-blocks $6-something for a six of the darling little toys at the good ol' Ware-whare.  I love them!  But reeeeeeally wish that the Touch Sensations ones were there because I've been wanting those for ages! 
Andie
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2007 at 4:41pm
We are a fan of those minipops too - madam has at least 2-3 a day... good in this heat.

The other thing we buy often now are the Tegel Chicken Loopy's, they look like giant onion rings. Madam's a fan of those too.

We also use alot of Rice Bran oil, you can now get the spray and spread too.
fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2007 at 7:56pm
Mini pops are all the rage here, as well!! Jake stands in front of the fridge, and points to the freezer bit and yells "Block! Block!!"
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2007 at 7:59pm
Maya is a mini pop fan, but not a fan of her mother atm who didn't buy her an iceblock this arvo

My latest purchase is not so much a "best buy" as totally unneccessary indulgence, but I bought Maya a pair of the black Vans with pink hippos on them. Totally the cutest shoes I've seen for a long while!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2007 at 8:00pm
I rediscovered the mini-versions of sesameal crackers, and meal mates. They are great for dipping and also really handy for creche, school etc.

nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2007 at 8:01pm
Hrmmm vans with pink hippos? Wow!!! Gosh I wish I had money!!!
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2007 at 8:42pm
Dammit, now I want a lemonade popsicle! Unfortunately I cant leave my sleeping baby home alone while I nip down to the dairy

Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2007 at 8:43pm
I bought a super duper cute white sun dress with frilly knickers off the pumpkin patch website's sale section. I often buy for Jake for the upcoming season from here, and get some great bargains. The dress retailed at $34.99 and I got it for $16.99 and I got a top for $8.99 retailed around $25 I think. SCORE!
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2007 at 8:51pm
I love PP sale stuff - their outlet stores are even better. Am yet to realise that shopping for 3 kids means I actually can't *afford* black vans with pink hippos...
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2007 at 8:53pm
Oooo, went to PP outlet store at Westgate last week - am so glad I dont live near there anymore!!
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2007 at 9:26am
and I'm so jealous tha tI don't live near one!!
Glow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2007 at 12:32pm
PP sales are the best, got some funky, but comfy maternity pants retail @ $70, got them for $20. I love bargins!!
Mummy of Two Boys
B: 2004
K: 2007

caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2007 at 12:34pm
Jess, we went and got one of those balls after seeing your Ella's one, (such a copycat ) . Ben thinks its the best toy ever too!
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2007 at 3:26pm
jack was playing with one of those balls at grandma and grandads, he loved it too

my best buy recently......our house and a dyson vacuum cleaner which i have been wanting for ages!!!

Myamy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Myamy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2007 at 2:23am
Our best buy is..... a cat toy! Seriously Mya loves it. its a plastic ball with lil holes in, perfect for gettin a finger in (but not trapped) so she waves it, throws it, and it has a bell inside so it makes noise! It goes everywhere with us.
Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2007 at 12:10pm

ironic... our cat toys are actually baby toys!  They were 2 el cheapo ones that Ella was soooo not interested in and the kitten thinks they're wonderful - she's been scragging them for months now! 

Another bargain - weebabes brand onesies from the Ware-Whare.  3 for $10, and they're great too.  And Pak'n'Save have been selling Only Organic baby foods for just under $1 each.  Ok not a bargain compared to home-made, but still a good bargain for those days when you need the bought stuff! 

...oooh oooh - I'm on a roll now.... VEGE GARDENS!!!  Our wee garden saves us a fair bit on fresh veg, and they're better than supermarket ones that have been treated with all sorts of nasties. 

Andie
Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2007 at 10:53am
bed bath and beyond have 6 pretty good face cloths for $2.90 and polar fleece blankets for $6
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2007 at 1:08pm
Blankets for cot or bed, Rach?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>