FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPlunket Car Seats

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MummyFreckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Plunket Car Seats
    Posted: 26 March 2007 at 11:51am

Have just found out the cost of getting a plunket carseat, and its almost the same as buying one new (think there is about $50 difference for one with a base - which is what we would like).

Has anyone else used Plunket for their capsule - I am concerned about the 'condition' as the lady I just spoke to said that they are all used, and they cant guarentee that it has come from a smoke free car / home.  Can anyone comment on the condition of theirs if they used one?

Thanks

Sponsored Links

Kazzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2007 at 12:19pm
we have our carseat from plunket...and it was brand new...as is the one my parents have hired.

as for a caspule didnt hirer through plunket...but they should clean them before giving them out again

MummyFreckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2007 at 12:43pm

Thanks Kazzle - they said that they do clean, and that the fabric part all goes to commercial cleaners, but I guess one persons definition of clean can differ from anothers!

Edited by SimSam
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2007 at 1:34pm
My best friend hired one through Plunket and ended up going and buying one because she didn't trust it.

Personally I think if you are going to have more than one bubba buying a capsule is easier and probably cheaper
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2007 at 1:43pm
I hired a capusule as I knew I would only use it for less than 6 months. It cost me $50 for 6 months and it was in great condition...I am clean freak so I checked it over several times. I also cleaned it before I gave it back.

And then I bought a carseat from Baby factory. I will do the same with my next. I would never buy a capsule...because when I try to sell it, people will be carefull buying a 2nd hand one...and plunket do safety checks on all their car seats after they come back.

Post Reply Post Reply