FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCarpet.....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carpet.....
    Posted: 31 March 2007 at 11:05am
Just wondering what is the best products to use to clean the carpet. I have been looking at the shake in vac and other carpet spray on, vacume off cleaners but would like some recomendations please.

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
Sponsored Links

jax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2007 at 1:39pm
I find that both of those products make my carpet smell nice and fresh, but doesn't do a thing for stains or anything like that...
Jacquie - Mama to Erin, 13.07.06 - Chief Cat Chaser & Marmite Sammie Eater

Love many, trust few, harm none. ~Anon~
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2007 at 1:54pm
Rug Doctor is amazing we have it for Ella spills and cat puke or any other random stains. You can get it from the supermarket where they have the hire machine
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2007 at 1:55pm
Rug doctor is great and you can do it yourself.
I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
hailstones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hailstones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2007 at 2:51pm
My B.I.L is a carpet layer, when I spilt O.J on my mums brand new carpet (which she absolutely freaked about!!!!! like you wouldn't believe) he recommended a spray by caviler Bremworth (sp????) it looks like a fire extinguisher and you can get it from the supermarket, it works really well on fresh stains, and spot cleaning, but otherwise I would also recommend the rug doctor, we used that in an old flat and then carpet came up really well.

Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2007 at 7:53pm
Thanks . I will try the rug doctor. Ive seen it at countdown

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2007 at 4:11pm
Word of warning Shake n Vac wrecks vacuum cleaners!!! I work for a very well known brand of vacuum cleaners wtihin NZ and Shake n Vac is the number one killer of vacuums alongside gib plaster dust! So if you have spent alot of money on a good quality vacuum please don't destroy it with Shake n Vac!
Skyflame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyflame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2007 at 4:24pm
Very interesting thing to know about the shake n vac peachy. I will have to keep thta in mind for the future.
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2007 at 7:34pm
Hmmm thats interesting - won't be using Shak n Vac in my flash Hepa filter vacuum cleaner then

I'm going to have to do a Rug Dr here soon - the gremlins insist on crawling off their mats to spew so there are little puddle stains all over my carpet, and in the doorways where their Jolly Jumpers are.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 8:15am
Definately not to be used with a Hepa Filter vacuum cleaner (good to see you've got a Hepa filtered product) it will clog the filter and if it uses bags it will clog those too!
KH25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KH25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 8:32am
Yip my hubby is a carpet layer too and also has a can of Cavalier Bremworth in the van "just in case" and we use it at home too
Kelly, mum to DD, 19Jun06 (26wks 1lb15oz) DS1, 24Oct10 (32wks 4lb11oz) and DS2, 31Dec11 (32wks, 4lb11)
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 9:18am
Originally posted by peachy peachy wrote:

Definately not to be used with a Hepa Filter vacuum cleaner (good to see you've got a Hepa filtered product) it will clog the filter and if it uses bags it will clog those too!

Had to get one for Miss Maya's allergies when she was smaller. Embarrassed to admit it doesn't get used all that often coz I have a cleaner
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
 Post Reply Post Reply