FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedVBAC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2007 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by emeldee emeldee wrote:

Paws - step away from the Paws-damaging talk and step back towards the advice from Monique. *shakes head* what would Monique say if she heard you talking baby-having talk again so soon? Step away from the VBAC talk and back to the WAIT 12 MONTHS talk (for your reading pleasure I will now stop channelling the advice of our Dr)

Now did I say I was trying?? I will be good girl and cross my legs until Maddie is a year old.

Sponsored Links

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2007 at 2:44pm
It amazes me how so many people have been advised to wait for 12mos but I wasn't (never heard anything like that until after I got pg again). I didn't hold out 12mos...nearly though!
yummymummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yummymummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2007 at 4:14pm
I was actually told by my GP that either a really small gap eg only waiting the minimum 3-6 months or a longer gap of 3 or so years is the ideal time from the childs perspective. Apperantly with a really small gap of around 12 months between kids, they don't remember life without each other and with a larger one, they are more independent so have own interests and are not so jealous etc. Easier said than done of course as I'm b'feeding bub, there is no way to get to ttc any time soon...
Back to lurking now - sorry if I have hijacked the tread

Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2007 at 4:41pm
You can get preggy when you're BFing! A girl from my antenatal group just had her second. That would mean she got PG 1 month after having #1 and she is still BFing

But..back to the topic.
I would highly recommend to anyone having issues post-CS to have a chat with their MW and go through your labour notes, it helped me.

We were also told to wait 12 months min before TTC #2 to make sure all the bits had healed inside so there was less chance of utertine rupture (ohhh scary word!)
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2007 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by Two Blondinis Two Blondinis wrote:

You can get preggy when you're BFing! A girl from my antenatal group just had her second. That would mean she got PG 1 month after having #1 and she is still BFing

But..back to the topic.
I would highly recommend to anyone having issues post-CS to have a chat with their MW and go through your labour notes, it helped me.

We were also told to wait 12 months min before TTC #2 to make sure all the bits had healed inside so there was less chance of utertine rupture (ohhh scary word!)

Yes to all of the above....there are so many stories of women who believed that if they breastfed they wouldn't get pregnant finding out that it's not entirely true. And remember, ovulation comes before the period so even if you don't have your period back it doesn't mean you can't get pregnant.

And yeah the reasons Toni gave are the reasons I was given too...I was close to rupturing during the labour so it really would be madness to try before 1 month, besides your body really does need time to heal.

All jokes aside, I'm glad I have this enforced year that I need to wait.

Ok thread jack over.

Sarah Beth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2007 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by Paws Paws wrote:

And yeah the reasons Toni gave are the reasons I was given too...I was close to rupturing during the labour so it really would be madness to try before 1 month, besides your body really does need time to heal.

1 Month paws... I think Monique would have kittens if that was the case!

I was actually told to wait 2 years just due to the issues that occured during delivery.

And as for the breast feeding thing, my cousin fell pregnant while breast feeding and on the mini pill!

Think I will take your advice Toni, though have talked through a lot of it with MMH now so feeling more at ease, but did plan on discussing number 2 with doctor (my LMC) at Jacks 6 week check. It is nice to know though that the feelings I have had are normal so a big thanks for sharing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2007 at 9:17pm

All jokes aside, I'm glad I have this enforced year that I need to wait.

Ditto!
I know when I'm ovulating now (aside from the horrid cramping etc) I get REALLY clucky!!!!!!

3 months and counting Just kidding we're gonna wait until Caitlin is at least 2 before even thinking about TTC #2
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2007 at 9:22pm
I've never had a c-sect but wanted to second what Toni said about getting a copy of your labour notes. I have mine from both labours and in the weeks after each birth read them over a few times to help me 'process' things. I found reading the notes of my labour with Maya helpful when I was pregnant with the gremlins too coz it helped get me into a good frame of mind and make decisions about how I wanted to deliver the babies.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Glow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2007 at 9:33pm
Wow, are you a fly on the wall at my house Emma? No- i was just reading my notes, and decided i need to find an article on optimal fetal positioning.
Mummy of Two Boys
B: 2004
K: 2007

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2007 at 9:49pm
Is bubs posterior? Caitlin was "LOL" and "LOP" most of the time and I was advised to sit on a swiss ball constantly or sit backwards on a chair (stradle the chair). It worked for us but she moved back around during labour GRRR
Glow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2007 at 10:02pm
Yep Brae was & didnt budge, and this bub is presenting the LOP way too
Have now started the "sit on chair backward" thing & need to pump up the swiss ball

I'll be Scrubbing my floors many times of a day
Mummy of Two Boys
B: 2004
K: 2007

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2007 at 10:02pm
Ah yes I'm another one who gets pg while bf-ing. Hannah and Briona were 10-11mos when I conceived Briona/Krystiana, but I had an early miscarriage in Feb 06, so Briona was only 6 months then. Bfing is no contraception!
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2007 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by Sarah Beth Sarah Beth wrote:

1 Month paws... I think Monique would have kittens if that was the case!

Darn typos...meant to type 12 months....I think I'd have kittens if it was before 1 month!!

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2007 at 10:39pm
1 month? Who has sex at 1 month?

Glow - Maya was ROP right up to delivery and turned her fat self around at the last possible minute. I've read that posterior babies are more common in first pregnancies and are becoming more common in general due to our more sedentary lifestyle (sitting at computers etc.)

Both the gremlins were anterior.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
toniellis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toniellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2007 at 1:52pm
Sorry just had to bump this up even though it has been awhile. I had a c/s with #1 due to "failure to progress". #2 was planned as a VBAC but I failed miserably so ended up with another c/s. I have since become quite angry about that second c/s. I think it was totally unnecessary & there are so many things that I would do differently given the chance. 1st of all would be an independant midwife. I went with a local group but found out that they wouldn't actually come to my labour as they only delivered locally & because of my previous c/s I was "told" I had to go to a hospital. When I was in labour I ended up numerous midwifes who I didn't know who basically sat there & kept an eye on me. I was also strapped to one of those monitoring machines which was absolute agony with my posteror baby.
The doctor's at the hospital also put a time limit on my labour. Once that past they said "c/section only option" never mind the fact that both myself & my baby were fine according to all their monitoring.
They also said that I have to have any future babies as c/sections which I am not happy with.
I have spent the last few months doing alot of research and I have made the decision that I will try again for a vaginal birth (VBA2C).
LOL not that I'm even preggaz yet! But I will be putting alot of planning into this baby & making my own decisions regarding how my labour goes. I even have a birth plan already LOL. Of course it is flexible as to what happens but I am not going to put up with doctors telling me "the rules" as my own research has ditched alot of that over the side.
Mum to Alex (11), Blaire (10) & Erika (8) and Damien (6)

Successful HWB VBA2Cs!
Soon to be surrogate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2007 at 2:41pm
far out! That's a really bad of the Drs and the MWs. I know us CS ladies are more of a risky case (and everyone is different) but to not even acknowledge your wishes (especially when everything was fine!!!! )

We all know how important it is during labour to feel in control and for the medical people to take that away from you with no good reason is just disgraceful!

Also, ToniEllis big hugs to you
It breaks my heart when I hear people say they failed during labour. You didn't fail, you cooked a perfectly healthy baby and I'm sure both of your kiddies are great, so you are doing a fantastic job each and every day! Please don't forget that
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2007 at 2:45pm
Toniellis I feel for you with the second birth, that's a toughie! And it's always hard to look back with all the "what if" questions. I hope you do get the birth you want for #3 and you can find a mw who will fight for you. I was told that after 2 c/s I probably would be on c/s for life, I'm not telling you that's the case for you but be careful and aware of the rupture risks ok?
toniellis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toniellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2007 at 12:04pm
Thanks Toni & Teresa. I still get angry when I think about my last birth, nothing went as planned at all but at least I'm not bursting into tears about it anymore! I have done a lot of research about having VBA2Cs & after reviewing everything I really think I can do it. A lot of NZ obstetricians & midwives are unwilling to have another go after 2 c/sections even though the statistics of uterine rupture are only a fraction higher than after one c/section. At the end of the day the doctors can't MAKE me have a c/section and as long as I feel that I'm not endangering my baby at the time then I will do things my way.
Anyway I believe that I can do it so I'm starting there. Finding a midwife who is willing is probably going to be the hardest part. I have been emailing someone who had 4 c/sections before finally having a vaginal birth so she has been a real inspiration to me.
Mum to Alex (11), Blaire (10) & Erika (8) and Damien (6)

Successful HWB VBA2Cs!
Soon to be surrogate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2007 at 1:26pm
I'm a bit concerned that a MW can refuse to take you on if you really want a VBAC (or an elective CS in my case). You still need the same level of care in pregnancy, so nothing changes there.

I can understand a Home birth only MW not wanting to take you on as you could be high risk and it could be dangerous to be that far away from the Operating Room if you needed another emerg CS, but not a regular in hospital birth.

Btw - I have asked Emma if she can start up a CS Support section for us to discuss these matters. Hopefully the powers that be will ok it
luna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2007 at 3:01pm
Toniellis ... this may be a little 'out there' considering you aren't pregnant, however ... was talking to my acupuncturist the other day and he told me about another client who went to him to get things 'started' for labour as she wanted a VBAC after 2 C/S and she is diabetic. She got the VBAC too, so that is something positive.
Selina

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>