FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe dreaded C/S!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Peace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The dreaded C/S!
    Posted: 30 April 2007 at 8:21pm
I have had several comments of the like:

You could have done special exercises and turned the baby! I did do them, baby still sat ass down!

Why didn't you just do a breeched labour, I did and my baby was fine. No midwives in my area do breeched births and now there is a real danger of prolapsed cord.

Is the reason why you didn't breast feed because you had a cesarean? Nope, boobies stayed empty for a completely different reason.

You are going to do VBAC next time right? No, I really enjoyed my birthing experience as a c/s mother. I was relaxed and happy (drugged)... Why wouldn't I want that again?

I also had comments before my birth as well

That is going to hurt for WEEKS, I would rather get it over and done with.
Actually epistomy's can hurt for just as long and you aren't in constant pain for 6 weeks.

I hated people constantly feeding me negative vibes... would love to hear more comments with great come backs
DD1 May 2006
DD2 March 2011
DD3 August 2012
Sponsored Links

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2007 at 8:31pm
I'd have to say, despite never having had a c-sect, I'm pretty sure I'd rather have stitches in my tummy than my girly bits
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
nictoddie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nictoddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2007 at 8:42pm
tehe emma PMSL!!!

I actually also did not breast feed, tried it with my son for a full day and it just did not work for me and was very stressed out, so made the decision with no 2 in early stages of pregnancy that I was not gonna go down that path again, and knowing I would have a second c-section, and when no 3 comes along I will also go straight on the bottle none of my children have had any major sickness my daughter has asthma but that is more to do with her being delivered 10 weeks early.

Don't let anyone be negative to you we all do what we need to do for us and our babies you are awesome!!
Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2007 at 8:44pm
a few choice phrases

"the VIP exit"
"too posh to push"
"the easy birth"
"the sunroof"

feel free to add yours

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2007 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by nictoddie nictoddie wrote:

Don't let anyone be negative to you we all do what we need to do for us and our babies you are awesome!!

EllenMumof2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EllenMumof2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2007 at 8:48pm
lol i just tell people im to posh to push it normaly stops the in there tracks as i hate explaining myself to people lol

Kalem 6!
nictoddie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nictoddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2007 at 8:48pm
Awwww thanks Toni
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2007 at 9:28pm
Yea a lot of people "pitied" me because of the c/s I think. It was a bit traumatic, yea, but that was only because it was emergency and they did it to save both our lives!! I haven't had too many negative comments, I think cause I was haemorraging people think of that as a more urgent kind of situation, as well as me being only 4cm dilated.

With posterior babies, sometimes it's the shape or tilt of the pelvis that does it and we don't have any control over that. Sometimes babies have a short cord and can't turn.

I wonder what the statistics are of people who try for breech birth and end up with emergency c/s? It's a lot easier to deal with a planned c/s, emotionally.

Originally posted by peace peace wrote:

"Is the reason why you didn't breast feed because you had a cesarean?"
They are not always related, I had no problems bf-ing Hannah.

Originally posted by peace peace wrote:

That is going to hurt for WEEKS, I would rather get it over and done with.
Actually epistomy's can hurt for just as long and you aren't in constant pain for 6 weeks.

The stomach muscles ache but having an episiotomy stitched is horrible! Let's just say I was happy to BD after 4 weeks after c/s, but 7-8 weeks after epis
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2007 at 9:29pm
Oh - I've heard comments like, back in the day they didn't used to do c/ss for things like breech birth ra ra ra... yea well back in the day they had a lot more mums die in child labour! Ugh!
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2007 at 9:37pm
Having read one of our review books "Birth:A history" just recently I'm inclined to agree Teresa - the mortality rate for both mum and bubs was far higher pre c-sect.

I could have ended up with a c-sect with Maya, which would have meant a guaranteed one with the gremlins. I actually requested a c-sect when we found out at 36 weeks that she was big and posterior. But even after 41 hours of labour, foetal distress and a big baby, but my midwife was convinced I could get her out the front door and in the end I did. I could have had an elective with the gremlins if I'd pushed it, but my OB and midwife were both against it and keen for me to try naturally. So in my experience I would say that the decision to offer a c-sect isn't made willy nilly.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2007 at 10:23pm
I'm surprised Emma. When Briona was breech at 36weeks the mw would have happily booked me for a c/s right then I think. Because I then had two "odds" against me. I was still keen for VBAC and I think she was a bit concerned about that but Briona finally got into position at 38 weeks... with the cord around her neck twice
Glow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2007 at 7:41am
lol
Designer Virgina's

I didnt do B/F because of my innies lol.
hell did i get some sh*t about it, but if you had my nips???
Mummy of Two Boys
B: 2004
K: 2007

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2007 at 8:36am
I can't even begin to imagine how that would work Glow!??!?!

and LOL designer vagina

I got a card from a friend in the states "glad your whoo haa is in tact"
Sarah Beth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2007 at 8:46am
Originally posted by Two Blondinis Two Blondinis wrote:

I got a card from a friend in the states "glad your whoo haa is in tact"

I love it Toni!!!

I actually said during the surgery that I would still be honeymoon fresh!

I have to say I haven't had any awful comments thank goodness, and anyone that tries, well I am grumpy when tired and I am very sleep deprived so just let them try
Glow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2007 at 8:56am
lol honeymoon fresh!!

How long before everyone was back on the wagon & having sex? TMI..... i was 1week, if Brae was a VB it would of been 1yr lol am sure the size of him would of ripped me.
Mummy of Two Boys
B: 2004
K: 2007

Sarah Beth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2007 at 9:39am
given we have no contraception to speak of in the house we still haven't as there is no way I am risking falling pregnant! That is not to say we haven't wanted to though

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2007 at 10:38am
for us a month and even that was awkward and scary managed to sort things out through practice though
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2007 at 10:41am
SB your mw should give you a prescription before or when she discharges you.

After my c/s it was 4 weeks. We were actually advised to wait until 6 weeks so I wouldn't rip open but got a little impatient towards our first anniversary
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2007 at 11:21am

We were told to wait 6 weeks....oh my gosh for some reason I couldn't tried it once and then waited....LOL

I am now back on the pill....have I lost that drive! I stopped taking the pill before Tyrell and you must have thought I was a teenager doing it for the 1st time...ooops TMI
Does anyone else find this?

I didn't get any feedback on C/s I think due to the state I was in. 26 hours of labour getting to 9cm's with gas not even turned on, having 5 attemps at an epi. being given petidene (SP?) to get line #5 in. Then followed the PND.(but I can go on about that in PND board) i think everyone was too scared to even say anything LOL

ooEvaoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ooEvaoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2007 at 11:11pm
I haven't had any comments about giving birth via CS. In a way I'm glad as it was bad enough having hands shoved up my hoohaa let alone peoples watching a baby come outta there!!. I think we did it at about 4 weeks, there have been some times withough protection (norty norty) I have the mini pill but haven't used it.......as I figured I hardly ever want to have sex these days so no need.......my poor DP!!. I could go the whole year without it I reckon lolz

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>