FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTMI - re blood

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TMI - re blood
    Posted: 07 May 2007 at 10:54pm
ok (TMI) so when does blood stop after a c section...i thought mine had at 7 weeks and was all gone...went on mini pill at 6 weeks (Gabriellas age) and then on sunday i began bleeding again brown and red and today full on...no AF pain etc...but loads of blood....

is this my period or is this blood - I dont know whether to be worried or not! ARGH!!!!

anyone????
Sponsored Links

kezplanet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kezplanet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2007 at 12:45am
I found that I had a 'surge'of bleeding also ie thought it was gone only to discover 'not'. With Ashlyn I got af at about 3 mths but I wasn't breast feeding, no pill. With Anastasia still no af, no pill, still breast feeding.
I think (if I remember correctly) you bleed for longer/more with a c-section, I guess with a natural birth you would loose more as the birth progresses. When you say loads of blood, was it just lots or was it a 'gush'?
Kerryn, Mum to
Ashlyn(29/3/04), Anastasia(1/11/05) & Abigail (24/02/09)
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2007 at 8:07am
Hi BS I think c/s usually bleed for not as long as a VB but it all depends on how "cleaned out" you were during the operation. Since it's all multicoloured (yuk), I'm sure it's just a bit more to clean-out, especially if you did some extra exercise (or sexercise ) recently. If you are concerned, ring your LMC.
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2007 at 8:07am
or have you been discharged?
Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2007 at 9:10pm
I had a 2 week period after I started back on the pill (and I also turned into "The Swamp Witch", hence no pill for me anymore!)

I would definitely check it out with your LMC/GP
Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2007 at 9:50pm
well - no rompy pompy so thats not it!!! too much blood!!!

was disharged from both post natal and spec - and i had stopped bleeding...of course and then restarted....this is like the third time now!!!

im gonna do 5 days of this and if still bleeding then go doc cause it wont be AF if that is the case....

am completely over this!!! Im a little concerned it might be to do with the fibroids...ARGH!!!
SMoody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2007 at 10:08pm
I bled continuesly for 6 weeks. Just as soon as I thought it is getting a bit less, I will spot for a day and then it will be full force again.

I had a brief reprieve of 3 days and then full bleeding again but it was different. Turned out to be my period. So much for me thinking I will have a longer reprieve due to Breastfeeding.

jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2007 at 10:22pm
i started bleeding again after starting the mini pill, so i stopped taking them and the bleeding stopped.
i would go see a gp and have a chat perhaps...?

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2007 at 10:26pm
Yea I'm with you SMoody, I had mine back after Hannah at a measly 2 months! Missed the 3rd month for some unknown reason, and then steady from 4mos. After Briona I got it back at 3mos, still waiting for this time's one to come back (am feeling a bit freaked out at the lack of blood LOL)
Peace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2007 at 10:27pm
Well I had 5 weeks of bleeding then my period right on top of it!! For the first couple of days I thought it was lochia but the cramps and other bollocks followed soon after When I left hospital I was told: If you are needing to replace your pad more than once an hour then go get yourself checked up.
DD1 May 2006
DD2 March 2011
DD3 August 2012
luna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2007 at 9:08pm
I bled for 6 weeks, then had a week of day on/day off bleeding, then full on again for another 2 weeks. Wasn't sure if that was AF or not.

But after that didn't get my period until November, so if the other 2 weeks wasn't AF then I got my period back 4 months after Amelia was born, and wasn't exclusive BF either, as had big probs.
Selina

Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2007 at 9:25pm
I bled for around 5 or 6 weeks...then got my period back a couple of weeks after that and the first couple of periods were heavier than normal.

if you are concerned then yes I would get it checked out with your GP or LMC.

Post Reply Post Reply