FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedContraception

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Contraception
    Posted: 31 May 2005 at 4:25pm
Hey Guys,
I know we had a topic about this a while ago but I'm too lazy to go searching.
I think I want to do something about contraception, although there is no sign of needing it immediately!
I don't really want to go on the pill again as I think that's why I was having such bad headaches pre-Hannah and I've kinda gone off the idea of taking anythign that screws with my hormones.
Any ideas on alternative contraception?
Thanks
Sponsored Links

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2005 at 8:05pm
Ummm, not the best person to ask since we are using, ummm.... nothing!?!?! I know, I should be more responsible, but I am doing the BBT thing so we know what days to avoid misbehaving!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2005 at 11:16pm
I;m considering IUD when I get back but not so sure. Are you still breastfeeding Nikki? If so I think you can only take mini-pill at the same time everyday. I'm really bad at stuff like that. When the midwife was explaining about the minipill, my mum was sniggering and saying "Jake, you'll have a brother or sister soon". So at the mo, condoms for us. My mate was on natural family planning. She did a special course. What about diaphram?
nuttymama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuttymama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2005 at 6:35am
The new IUD is supposed to be heaps better than the first one. Heard of a few pregnancys on that one. But the new one is something like 97 or 98% safe however it cost a little over $200. I decided to go on the depo injection, it's 99% safe. You get it every 3 months and it costs $15. Perfectly safe for breast feeding and very few side affects. I haven't had any. Beware though may take a while to fall pregnant after stopping as it stops periods for most and you need to get it on the date specified, by the nurse. We chose this as we aren't having anymore.
Abigail 06/01/2005
Jayden   21/11/2001
Micheal 03/04/1997
lou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2005 at 8:24am
I use the natural family planning method - charting temp and discharge changes, and also we use condoms if we want to do it when we think I might be fertile.  I've found it really good, no unplanned pregnancys, and have gotten pregnant first or second month when trying.  When I was on the pill I would always forget to take it, with this it doesnn't matter so much if I forgeet to take my temp.  I really like the idea of being all natural
Mother to two beautiful children - Sophie age 6 and Ephraim age 4

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2005 at 10:02am
I got pregnant on the Pill, so I kinda decided that it wasn't really reliable for me And I was on depo for a long time and it really screwed up my cycles for 2 years after I came off it, so I would only consider depo again if I had finished my family. The MIrena IUD is supposed to be really good, but like Vick said, it is expensive. YOu can get it subsidised if you have problems with your cycle like heavy blood loss, anaemia etc.
And the problem with condoms is having a man that refuses to use them. Now that's how he came to have five children...
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
gytsrik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gytsrik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2005 at 1:40pm
I don't want to risk going on the pill yet (my doc isn't sure that it doesn't dry women up, so i don't want to take the chance!), so we're just doing the good old raincoat-in-the-shower thing
Mummybrain - For parents!
jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2005 at 3:16pm
lol raincoat-in-the-shower!    never heard it put that way before, ditto for us.
we are hoping to start for #2 just after jack's b'day so not really worth going back on the pill for a couple of months.

gytsrik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gytsrik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2005 at 3:34pm
We're going to start when Dylan's one as well! I think that will be a nice gap!
Mummybrain - For parents!
Xander&Harmony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander&Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2005 at 5:32pm
It is such a funny coincedence!!! we started when Xandere turnd one,my matye is trying as her boy has jusst turned one,a few of u r doin the same thing!!!
BECS

Angel Baby 10/07/09 (10wks4days)
daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2005 at 6:27pm
lol... I've made it very clear to my husband that we will talk about/probably start trying when Josiah is one! He (half kidding) wants to start when Josiah is 3 months old! He doesn't have a hope!
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys
AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2005 at 9:00pm
yep we started TTC just before Alyssa was 1. I think thats when you think this parenting thing is easy peasy. HAHA then a couple of months before Jayde was born my angel turned into a demon child. Sorry i mean lovely expressive girl.

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

http://Alyayde.bebo.com
daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2005 at 10:03am
Sorry to do this to you, Maria, but Alyssa will probably do it again in about a year... I hope Jayde doesn't do it at the same time!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2005 at 10:04am
hahaha glad i have no desire to have another kid! (atleast for the next 5 years!)
might just go with good old condoms for now and start saving for something like mirena!
AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2005 at 10:54am
Gee thanks for that becca

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2005 at 10:57am
You're welcome (yes, I got the sarcasm)...

On the bright side, it doesn't last anywhere near as long next time round... probably because they get smarter and know they are in the wrong.
AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2005 at 11:05am
whew

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2005 at 11:59am
nikki just bumped another contraception thread for you

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2005 at 3:40pm
oooo thanks. saves me gettng off my bum to find it
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2005 at 9:52pm
expressive child.. is that the term...hhhm, i think i have one of them. lol. no, shes pretty ok just testing out what happens when she plunges both hands into the baby bath up to her elbows.. lol.

we got preggers just after paris turned 1 as well.

gytsrik.. with the feeding, as far as i know you can't take oestrogen.. as that inhibits milk production.. so i guess maybe a progesterone pill might be ok i dunno.

we will go back to condoms.. until mike gets the chop hopefully later this year.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>