FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedreason to appreciate having ceaser

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sarah Beth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: reason to appreciate having ceaser
    Posted: 10 May 2007 at 5:46pm
I was at antenatel coffee group this week and I have to say, for the first time I was happy to have had a c section, one girl there in an effort to avoid having one ended up tearing all the way to her bum, ouch! c section recovery I am sure doesn't hurt as much as that would!
Sponsored Links

Bumble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bumble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2007 at 6:04pm
I was just millimeters off tearing all the way.....

Can still feel the scar (which goes a good centimeter in my *Ahem*)...
formerly known as "Bee"

Ethan ~ March 2003 Big 6 year old school boy!
Micah ~ Aug 2008 ~ Smiley pants who loves telephones!
hailstones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hailstones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2007 at 6:08pm
That happened to me too SB - Elle's shoulders got in the way and caused a 4th degree tear. The MW's in the hospital said with the amount of damage caused I would've been better to have a c-section - hindsights a great thing.

They tell me there could be lasting damage - although had a checkup yesterday and doc (same one who stitched me up) said that if there was going to be problems there would be signs already and there are none - THANK GOD. They are recommending that it be a c-section next time however.

I guess either way there is damage, and either way I didn't know any better - 1st baby and all. So in the end you just deal with what happened, good bad or otherwise

jamesmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2007 at 6:40pm
Same thing happened to me - 4th degree tear
Then I ended up in surgery to get stiched up and reacted to something they gave me and my heartrate, blood pressure and temperature went really high (nearly putting me in intesive care)

They have also told me that they recommend a c-section next time.
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2007 at 7:14pm
I didn't tear badly but as an example of how tender the stitching gets in the lady area... we were ready for special cuddles after 4 weeks after my c/s... but 7-8 weeks with the other two births (both were stitches but only one was an episiotomy).

There are other reasons to appreciate a c/s too. Knowing the date in advance if it's elective, and people (including DHs) are much more likely to offer to help with meals or washing-hanging if you've had a c/s.

The tummy muscles hurt for a while but it's not really any harder to get back into shape after either birth.
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2007 at 10:15pm
am clenching just thinking about all that...ouch
Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2007 at 10:51pm
I am pleased i had c section...there was no way Gabriella was coming out naturally anyways...

and i luckily did not have to go thru labour first, etc etc...i went in and she came out and we got on with living....I feel like i missed out on nothing at all...and gained so much from my experience...esp not being exhausted after the birth experience and being able to plan around her time of birth....
SMoody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 9:40am
I have a friend in my miscarriage support group (we got pregnant again at the same time) who actually tore really bad. Difficult to explain but she tore straight through to her bum and if that wasnt bad enough she tore in the front just as bad.

She also ended up with lots of bleeding and went anemic ect ect. Bad bad case. Made me really appreciate my c/s experience.

arohanui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arohanui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 10:08am
Oh my gosh I'm getting so scared about labour now!
Mama to DS1 (5 years), DS2 (3 years) and...
Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2007 at 3:56pm
A friend ripped her clit to bits

A girl in my antenatal group somehow managed to split her pelvis down the front and couldn't walk for a week.
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2007 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by arohanui arohanui wrote:

Oh my gosh I'm getting so scared about labour now!

Don't be too scared! You've just gotta listen to your body and trust in your midwife to make the best decision for you/babe if she thinks a c-section is the best way to go... atleast reading this thread would give you a good reason to agree quickly
mamanee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamanee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2007 at 4:15pm
I was a little scared of tearing, but I'm not allowed to give birth naturally now as his knees are stuck in my pelvis.

Over the past few days I have been getting more and more used to the idea of a c/s and am actually quite pleased.

Sure I would have loved to try doing it the other way if he had his head down, but he's not moving now!
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2007 at 4:19pm
i can add that i tore a little - three stitches worth - with jake and grazed with Taine. didn't feel the tear ATALL (and this from the woman who nearly fainted at the blood test), before and after, but the graze stung like a ...very sore thing...so those baout to go into labour, yes, it can be bad, but not necesarily.
mamanee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamanee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2007 at 4:23pm
My DPs cousin had a baby on the 1st of May and is only just allowed home from the hospital as baby was stuck and the stupid midwife left it WAY too long to do something about it and send her for an emergency c/s. (Don't know if it was the same one as your friend had Lizzle)

Baby is ok at the moment, but will need monitoring as he could have brain damage from being stuck for such a long time.
Peace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2007 at 10:08pm
Yeah by GF couldn't sit down for 2 weeks after her repaired tear but I was fine after a week! And she gave me sh*t about healing time! (Pre-baby of course)
DD1 May 2006
DD2 March 2011
DD3 August 2012
Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 10:45pm
i do think it is easier if you know you are having a cs than going thru labour and then having to have one...

for me the breech of bubs meant no way was she coming out VB from week 28 so i knew from then that cs was the way we were aiming...and prepared for it...

I am however grateful that my scar is a low one and not a tummybutton down one...now that sounds painful and am sure that is another expereince altogether.
Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2007 at 11:12pm
Renee same thing happened to another lady in my antenatal class, the mums pelvis was too small and bubs ended up with a cracked skull from being left too long.
 Post Reply Post Reply