FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNew Board

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Board
    Posted: 15 May 2007 at 3:21pm
Sadly, each year a number of New Zealand families face the heartbreaking loss of a child, either as a stillbirth or in the first few months after birth. In response to requests from some of our members, we've created a new board for you to share memories of your wee ones, and find support and encouragement from others who have also faced loss.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Sponsored Links

kiwigal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwigal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2007 at 4:40pm
I went though it nearly 11 years ago with an ex b/f.I got to 31 weeks and had a little baby girl.
my2angels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my2angels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2007 at 5:23pm
I havent been through it but as some of you know my friends we boy has just died of SIDS. I have to say Im really disappointed at the lack of support she has received from the SIDS people. She phoned and it took them over a week for anyone to return her call and then they basically said, we can arrange counselling for you but there are no support groups, website or anything because its not common enough these days. The only websites she has been able to find are america based. Does anyone know of any sort of support groups either in chch or online for SIDS?
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2007 at 7:13pm
I don't know of any local Christchurch ones, but I know my friend T got great support from her local SIDS people, she's in Sydney but I can ask her if anyone there knows what's around here if you like?
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2007 at 8:25pm
how bout SANDS? my bf who had a stillborn baby has alot to do with SANDS, they seem like a fantastic group of people, very very supportive.
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2007 at 8:41am
mmm i agree, SANDS is wonderful..
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

longdon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2007 at 2:25pm
Hi there

8 weeks ago i had a baby boy sadly he lived for one day. Looking for other mums out there, still born/neo natal deaths to chat to.....

Sheree
Jack - 2 anaphlyaxis to egg
Kaleb - our precious son who fought to the end, March '07
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2007 at 2:36pm
Welcome to Oh Baby! Sheree. Im very sorry to hear of your loss.
Bubbaloo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bubbaloo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2007 at 4:22pm
I'm very sorry to hear of your loss Sheree and welcome to OhBaby.

Was danni-chick

Mum to James

My Angel 28/07/08
Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2007 at 8:01pm
Sheree, Welcome to you and Jack to Ohbaby! im very sorry to hear of your loss of your wee man Kaleb.

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
kiwigal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwigal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2007 at 10:32pm
Sheree so sorry for your loss my baby died 11 years ago.
carley1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carley1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2007 at 10:26pm
Hi all, am new to this place. Sadly we lost our precious we girl Julia Rose-Joy on the 3rd November 2006 to stillbirth. This had to be the most heartwrenching time of my life. I thought for sure that I would die also. Please check out Julia's website for full details of her birth.

kiwigal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwigal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2007 at 10:51pm
How far a long were you girls? I got to 31 weeks
carley1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carley1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 11:58am
I was 26wks when we lost Julia, so i was officially in countdown mode, now all I think is is that I should have a three month old baby now not grieving the lost of a much loved and wanted daughter, that was to complete our family.

Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2007 at 3:01pm
I apologise if it sounds trite, given what you've been through,. but Emma, Kiwigal, Sherree, Carley & Janine, you are all so very strong for getting through your loss.  I don't know how you've done it, but you're all amazing.  I'm so sorry that anyone ever has to go through losing a child. 
Andie
emachan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2007 at 10:50pm
Hi Carley - I was wondering what Julia Roses website address was to have a look at - I am so sorry for your loss

DD#1 Sept 08
DD#2 Oct 09
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2007 at 9:25am
Julia Rose's website is in Carley's profile: linky

I have no words for you Carley, I lost a baby through m/c but it was very early and I didn't have the plans you had, nor see her face. When I read your story I

Edited by busymum
emachan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2007 at 5:02pm
Carley - what a beautiful wee girl Julia-Rose was - I cried when I read her website. Thank you for sharing Julia's short life with us. Hugs and support from me to you.

DD#1 Sept 08
DD#2 Oct 09
carley1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carley1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2007 at 6:53pm
Hi all, thanks for your words of support and thank you for visiting Julia's site.
Thanks busymum for putting the link on for Julia's site we have been away for a couple of days so hadn't been in here.

I am still having my good days and bad days and it still cuts to the quick when I see women with newborn babies. Before we lost Julia I was the knid of person who would ask to hold other peoples children and babies but since we lost Julia I haven't held a newborn, it is just osmething that I can't bring myself to do. I also haven't been able to go and meet my nephew as he was born a month before we lost our wee girl, and I know that I won't be able to handle that. I have tried to explain it to my brother so hopefully he understands.

Post Reply Post Reply