FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedheres a question for ya

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Xander&Harmony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander&Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: heres a question for ya
    Posted: 13 June 2005 at 10:05pm

OK this may sound dumb as I have 2 kids but..........

When is a baby not classed as a newborn anymore??

when they are a month old???

I have a lot of time on my hands ( hmmmm ok maybe not with 2 kids but i would like to think i do),and was pondering this question today.

BECS

Angel Baby 10/07/09 (10wks4days)
Sponsored Links

AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2005 at 8:04am
Im pretty sure its up until 3 months.

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

http://Alyayde.bebo.com
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2005 at 11:33am
I thought 12 weeks too Maria. Then they become an infant.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2005 at 1:36pm
so when is a baby a child?
AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2005 at 3:02pm
hmmm thats tricky. My mum still calls me her baby

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2005 at 4:19pm
LOL Maria. I still call Maya my 'baby' although strictly speaking I'm not sure what she is. Is she a toddler? Or a preschooler? Or a child? Hmmmm... the only thing I am certain of is that she is a MONKEY!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
milkfountain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote milkfountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2005 at 7:59pm
I agree 3 months and then they are an infant.   It all goes too quickly I know that- or is that when I look back it seems to go quickly , I'm sure I remember thinking that those first few weeks are never going to end.

Cheers
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2005 at 9:07pm
We sure do have a lot of time on our hands.

Maybe our next topic should be 'what is the meaning of life?' seeing as we are getting all philosophical
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2005 at 9:14pm
how bout the old "chicken or the egg" debate.. lol

yep milkfountain..what you said is so true right now i feel like these first weeks have gone so fast, yet sooo slow. I am back to having only 45 mins of unbroken sleep at a stretch during the night. and ayja has decided that instead of feeding at 12am, 3 am and 5 am.. she'll just stay awake from 11pm till 3 am, snooze 45 mins, feed at 4 am. then wake at 6am till 10am.... and sleep the day away after that.

sorry, just my vent for the day. it sucks.

Edited by mum2paris
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2005 at 1:27am
I hate it how babies decide to sleep during the day and lok all cute and cuddly. Jake used to stay up all night and go to sleep just as my alarm clock rang for me to get up......a lot of resentment!!!
AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2005 at 8:18am
I can soooo relate. Im still feeding Jayde as you would a newborn at nearly 6 months old grrrrrr. Yesterday was a hell day, for one of her feeds that took an hour she only drank 20mls. Poor wee girl. You would have thought they would have her sorted by now. But no.

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2005 at 9:01am
They are so cute and yet so manipulative at the same time! Kiya's sick at the moment, and Nathaniel and I had just got back into bed after sorting her out at 11pm last night... Josiah woke up for a feed, I burped him then lay him on my pillow to see if he was asleep - he smiled at me! The big "gosh, Mum, I love you" smile I'd been waiting for all day since he smiled like that at Nathaniel yesterday morning! He got a hug and a kiss, and put to bed wide awake.
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2005 at 10:42am
Jake has developed a "I only love YOU!" look and a "You're the meanest mum in the world. Don't you love me anymore?" look. Very fun!!!
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2005 at 9:41pm
haha Sounds like my devil child.
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2005 at 7:01pm
Wait till they can tell you - Maya has started telling me "Mama I'm getting cross with you!" - wonder where she heard that!

I was lucky with her as a baby, she slept thru from 7 weeks, and never had any probs with wind etc. But I did my time's worth of sleepless nights when she was 7-11 mths when she was sick and in hospital which I think was actually worse because I would get so angry with her. I mean, I expected my newborn to cry and wake during the night, but I was spoilt with such a good newborn that when she regressed and had to be fed hourly during the night I would get angry and resent her because I knew that she knew how to sleep thru. I feel so guilty about it looking back, some nights I would just sit there and grind my teeth while she breastfed and pray and pray that she would hurry up before I got too stressed and hurt her.

Whew, that vent must have been building up for a while!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2005 at 10:04pm
lol, it's settled back down a bit again.. i think she just does that every few days to build up supply etc..

it's paying off though.. at 3 weeks old, she is now 8lb.. she put on a pound this week. she is chubba

my sister is back down for a few days in early july.. so will have more pics after that.. it's weird. i swear sometimes i get her out of bed and i think "you look bigger than when i put you to bed!" lolol.. maybe i'm just crazy.

Edited by mum2paris

Meg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2005 at 5:51pm
I know exactly how you feel. My daughter is 4 weeks old, and we're going through a growth spurt at the moment. Talk about exhausted! She's fine during the day, but come evening when the milk isn't as good, she's a feeding monster... last night I was feeding every hour up until 3am... and in the gaps between I was trying to settle her. Very tired household today. Up until then she'd been a very regular feeder... every 3-4 hours. Hoping it is just a growth spurt and a passing phase!
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2005 at 7:40pm
Argh, Ayja has turnedf back into a monster for the last few days, last night she was awake from 8pm till 2 this morning, woke at 4 until 4.30, woke at 5.30 then woke again at 7am till 11.30 this morning. she had a nice 3 hour sleep this arvo, and we are battling with the sleep/awake monster again tonight. I am like a zombie.
there she goes awake again.

daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2005 at 8:02pm
Josiah had just started to get into a routine, then Kiya got a vomiting bug, and I got a cold, Nathaniel got sick and someone gave something to him! 2 weeks later, he's just getting better now... at least he's started sleeping for a 5 hour stretch - during the night! Definitly beats him waking every 2 hours!
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys
 Post Reply Post Reply