FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedI heart my GroBag Egg...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
sparkle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2007 at 5:23pm
I missed my courier driver So I'll have to wait till tomorrow to get mine.
Sponsored Links

sally belly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2007 at 5:44pm
Well I too have jumped on the grobag egg bandwagon!! They look so cool & I can't wait til mine arrives so I can start using it in anticipation!
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2007 at 8:28am
I think I missed my driver this morning too!! Didn't check the letter box for the slip but saw the outside light go on!! Was pretty gutted as was taking it to work to play with first.

bookwyrm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bookwyrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2007 at 9:39am
I am so going to get one of these!!!! Maybe next week!

Katherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2007 at 1:40pm
I think I've started a GroBag Egg movement! LOL
peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2007 at 1:43pm
mine arrived today.....I had only just got home when the courier arrived.....SOOOOO cool. now I am trying it in every room to see it change colour (although its hard to see the colour in daylight. soooooo cooooolllll
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2007 at 6:56pm
They just left mine on the doorstep, I didn't have to sign for it.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
sparkle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2007 at 9:34pm
Just plugged mine in!!! Love it!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2007 at 10:31pm
Bubs room was blue this afternoon but after we had the fire going in the lounge (got to orange there) I put the egg back in bubs room and it has been happily smiling at me in yellow. What a brilliant invention!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2007 at 4:59pm
We have ours set up in the room which will become the baby's room and even though I don't feel particularly warm, the temp hasn't dropped below 19.5 degrees yet over the past 24 hrs. Me thinks that it's going to be hot in here in the summer months.
Katherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2007 at 11:12pm
Hey Sally Belly, what you described has actually been one of the best features for me -- I may FEEL cold, but it's not necessarily cold enough for the heater in Baby's room -- and the All-Knowing Egg tells me when it is. DH keeps saying, "I was sure it was colder than that!" LOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2007 at 8:01am
And we woke up the other night feeling really hot only to see the egg was happily glowing yellow. So it shows as adults we have no idea about temperature doesnt it.

Now I would like the egg to have an alarm when it drops below yellow and maybe a print out to show the temp over 24 hours....am I asking too much????
Bel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2007 at 9:20am
My egg arrived this moring - (OK I admit I went to check with the rural delivery to see if they had a parcel for me , so I would have it before work!!)

I have it plugged in on my desk and it is already reading over 20 degrees...
Mum to two beautiful kids   
Luke (09.11.2007)
Amy (01.04.2009)
bookwyrm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bookwyrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2007 at 10:43am
The Grobag Egg has turned into a science fair project

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2007 at 2:43pm
Yes I agree that us adults don't seem to be very good at gauging temperature.

I'm now thinking that buying a small fan might be far more useful that a small heater for the room. But of course we'll see what happens a bit closer to the time

nzpiper, I too think that it needs a little beep to tell you if the temp rises or drops below the recommended temp. Maybe for the grobag egg version 2!
bookwyrm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bookwyrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2007 at 11:46am
I ordered my Grobag Egg today! Woop. I love www.babystuff.co.nz - I have plans to buy more things from them at a later date.

Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2007 at 12:41pm
Mine arrived at work the other day and as I work with all males, they started to mock me before running off to find a normal room therm to check mine was right. Then they had an argument about who was taking to their classroom for 4th and 5th period!! All while saying "i hope you didn't pay more than $20 for this". You gotta love men!!

bookwyrm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bookwyrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2007 at 5:37pm
My order from babystuff.co.nz has turned up today (just left on my back doorstep). I now have a Grobag Egg and a Tolo Sneezy the Activity Dragon (soft toy for 0m+ and soooooo cute).

:)

Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2007 at 10:19pm
Yay, mine has been sent and should arrive on Monday. I have to say go Baby stuff! I forgot completely about the $10 discount and they contacted me to ask for a bank account number so they could give it back! I'm very impressed!

sparkle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2007 at 8:54am
Mine was glowing blue this morning, and only 10.2 degrees in our bedroom!!!! Time for the heater me thinks!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>