FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedI heart my GroBag Egg...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Katherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I heart my GroBag Egg...
    Posted: 18 May 2007 at 2:01pm

All right, confession time: I've been here for 5 years and I still can't get my head around Celsius temperatures. Every time Em gets a fever, I take her temp and then waste five minutes trying to convert it in my head, before giving up and going online to convert it into Fahrenheit.

And I also still can't get my head around the fact that no house we've lived in here has had insulation, so the rooms are always freezing in winter. After the first chilly morning last month when I went in to get Em up and saw that her hands were blue, I decided that I needed to get an in-room thermometer so I'll know when her little room is TOO cold.

So I ordered a Grobag Egg thermometer from an Australian website and it came early this week. It's an egg-shaped nightlight with a thermometer built in, and you don't even need to KNOW what temperature the room is to know whether it's too cold, just right, or too warm -- the thermometer changes colours to tell you. Blue means too cold (under 16 degrees), yellow means just right (16-20 degrees), orange means warm (20-24 degrees) and red means too warm (over 24 degrees). The temp is displayed on the side, just in case you're interested. But all you need to see is the colour.

And I have to say, I think it's brilliant. All I have to do is glance in the door to see whether the room's at a comfortable temp for her or she needs an extra blanket and the heater on. Apparently it won 2006 Nursery Product of the Year from the Australian Toy Association -- I can totally see why.

Only trouble is, now I want one for my bedroom, too...

http://www.gro-group.co.uk/grogroup/products/egg/

Sponsored Links

Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2007 at 2:40pm
Oh thats cool! They look great. Which website did you buy it from?
Katherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2007 at 5:29pm
I can't remember at all now! It wasn't one of my regulars (I'm an internet shopping junkie) but I think it might have been Bambini Pronto or something like that? I bet if you googled you'd find it. I've never seen them for sale in NZ but I wonder if we can get them here? Hmm...
KH25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KH25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2007 at 9:30am
They look really cool! They have them for sale on Babystuff for $69. A bit out of my price range I think

Edited by KH25
Kelly, mum to DD, 19Jun06 (26wks 1lb15oz) DS1, 24Oct10 (32wks 4lb11oz) and DS2, 31Dec11 (32wks, 4lb11)
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2007 at 9:30am
The Bambino site has a link for trade customers, maybe OHbaby! could look at selling them?
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
sparkle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2007 at 9:50am
I'd be keen Emma if OHbaby was to sell them.
Katherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2007 at 9:16pm
What a good idea, Emma! Then I could convert ALL of the OHbaby! mums to the wonders of the GroBag Egg. I was just in Em's room a minute ago, gazing lovingly at it. I think I love it almost as much as my AngelCare monitor. Expensive, but so darn worth it! LOL
AndysMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndysMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2007 at 10:06pm
Oh no! Now I need one too! I'm so paranoid as to whether or not Andy is too hot or cold that I keep going in and stinking my fingers down his shirt when he is sleeping! Bit of a bummer when he smiles back at me!!
Am hitting Google now ...
AndysMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndysMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2007 at 10:08pm
Bummer! Husband came in and said NO! Reckons I should just go to Mitre10 and get one for $4 mmm wonder if the grocery budget would miss $70 ....
yummymummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yummymummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2007 at 10:46pm
The look cool but a bit expensive really - I mean it's a termometer that changes colour. Surely $69 is a bit much.

Leish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2007 at 12:12pm
That is soooo cute. Hmmm I want one too
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2007 at 10:55pm
Woohoo, I just bought one Well actually my parents did - I blame Katherine for my rampant consumerism
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2007 at 12:00pm
my friend is a vet nurse and she gave us a room thermometer that shows the temperature and the humidity (it's meant for puppy kennels LOL)
Doesn't look half as cool and funky as the Egg but does the same job
pepsi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2007 at 1:39pm
Yay my mum has "decided" (i.e. taken many hints from me about how great it is) to buy one for Alyssa so I'm off to find one online now :)
Katherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2007 at 5:47pm
Hey pepsi, have a look at Emma's thread above -- there's a $10 off deal going for OHbaby! members! :)
sparkle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2007 at 6:48pm
Yay, bought mine! Also got one for a friend while I was at it, I think they make a great gift for mums2B!
Faraway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faraway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2007 at 9:05pm
They are very cute but don't think DH will let me get one since our Angelcare monitor already shows the temperature in the room
pepsi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2007 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by Katherine Katherine wrote:

Hey pepsi, have a look at Emma's thread above -- there's a $10 off deal going for OHbaby! members! :)

You know, when I ordered my Grobag Egg from babystuff, they e-mailed me back and asked where specifically I heard about them and I sent a link to the original thread on ohbaby... They never mentioned a special deal so I wonder if they made the offer after realising how many people visit here?? I might have to contact them and find out if we can still get the discount..
BellaBoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BellaBoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2007 at 2:40pm
Mine arrived today! I just wrote in special instructions that I was taking advantage of the OHBaby! member special of $10 off. Then I transferred money through internet banking less the $10.
pepsi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2007 at 2:57pm
Yay, just got a reply from babystuff and apparently I will get the ohbaby discount after all :) Mine just arrived today too so I might have to check their site again and see what else mummy...I mean, baby needs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>