FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedwow

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 10:48am
Maya has turned into a really fussy monkey lately, I swear she lives on crackers, oranges and bread and butter. She won't have jam or marmite on her toast, won't eat any of the veges she has been ating for months and won't touch her meat either. But unfortunately for her she has a mean mother and I keep serving up meat and veges time after time, I figure eventually she will either get over it, lr get hungry enough to eat it.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Sponsored Links

nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 5:14pm
Atleast you guys can put their behaviour down to an age thing, though I guess that doesn't make it any less annoying.
My little mongrel was refusing everything except fruit and dessert but I rang Plunket and implemented Operation "Take the power back" and now she eats anything I put in front of her or she goes hungry.
Was very sick of being walked all over but the plan seems to be working because she eats lots more and now sleeps through the night again! yay!!!
meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by nikkiwhyte nikkiwhyte wrote:

Atleast you guys can put their behaviour down to an age thing, though I guess that doesn't make it any less annoying.
My little mongrel was refusing everything except fruit and dessert but I rang Plunket and implemented Operation "Take the power back" and now she eats anything I put in front of her or she goes hungry.
Was very sick of being walked all over but the plan seems to be working because she eats lots more and now sleeps through the night again! yay!!!

Wow, can you tell me how you get her to eat meat?? I am sick of serving up lovingly cooked meals to be turned down time and time again, sometimes I want to hold her hands behind her back and make her eat them!!

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 9:56pm
argh, paris has decided that no veges are good at all, andn ow meat is no good either. for a while there as long as you put tomato sauce on it she would eat it (we only put a few dots), now the crafty little poo scoops up the tomato sauce and eats that and that's it, and will put the meat in her outh, suck off the sauce and spit the rest out. she used to eat yogurts, has now decided that nope, she won't eat them either. she also used to think nuggets were all good.. tonight she wouldn't even touch them.i think i am going nuts. i wish i could do the take the power back thing.. i'm trying but it just aint working!!! i never thought i would have this trouble with er, she used to be such a good eater.. now i swear she gets sick cos she's not eating enough.. i could give her vitamins, but she needs to learn to eat. good to know i'm not alone though.

Edited by mum2paris
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 11:52pm
could you subsitute tomato sauce for homemade salsa? Just mash up tomatoes and add some cooked onions.
AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2005 at 7:51am
Threats work with Alyssa. Like if you dont eat 2 more peices of dinner (have to make it acheiveable) you wont be able to play your nemo game. Or no hairy mclairy story. It works for us. Dont know if thats what your ment to do though. We have a sticker chart for her doing poos in toilet but i dont think that would work with food. Shes usally pretty good though (back to food) but have to use threats to get her to try veges. I guess lucky she likes fruit.

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

http://Alyayde.bebo.com
newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2005 at 10:03am
Man this stuff is invaluable!! Where else would you get such a range of ideas and support!! I love this site!

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2005 at 1:29pm
ditto Ana....

how you feeling? 5 weeks to go.....

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2005 at 1:33pm
We use threats too, kind of. Maya is always asking for bread so I'll tell her "eat two pieces of meat then you can have a bread". Worked well last night, I made her ea two chunks of kumara and she liked it so much she asked for more! But didn't touch the meat, or the carrot, or the potato or the brussels. I just kinda live on the naive hope that she actually eats veges at daycare coz her friends are eating them.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2005 at 2:02pm
nup, with paris, all she hears is what she will get, she doesn't get the "if you eat this" part of it.

She used to eat really well at daycare, but aparently it's become the same there, she used to love pasta.. now won't touch it. won't eat fruit at morning snack, no veges, no meat.. they just give her sammies now.. glad they decided to tell me this today! argh!

we stopped the bottle cos we thought that was what was filling her up and making her not want to eat.. that worked for a week.. and she still was fussy. but then, she's been saying about wee-wees alot. at first i thought it was just that she was becomming aware of when she was going.. but on and off for a few weeks now she has actually been upset when she goes,so imade her drink more water just in case it was that. but now she will cry. and it has gotten to the point where sometimes yesterday she wouldn't want to sit down. she's drinking heaps, yet her nappies have been dry (thought maybe she was going heaps at daycare, but no, they only tell me this today as well that her nappies are dry there too.. even though i asked them about it a few weeks ago) so i guess it's off to docs tonight. hopefully we can get to the bottom of this.. and maybe once whatever is wrong is fixed she might feel like eating again. here's hoping.    

newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2005 at 2:49pm
Sounds like a UTI Janine

Roksana - I am feeling GINORMOUS My tummy is soooo heavy and I am hardly sleeping at night (but I sleep well in the morning after Peter goes to work so that is OK) and can hardly wait for baby to arrive! But I think I have been really lucky and had a great pregnancy so far! I have even only had heartburn twice and that was ages ago, my tummy has always been really low! I just bought a new outfit as Peter's work do is in 2 weeks and it is formal, had NOTHING to wear! But thank goodness PP is having a sale and I got a lovely outfit for only $50! Yay!

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2005 at 2:56pm
I am 26 weeks and not too big and yet finding it very difficult to sleep or get comfortable...when I sleep on my side, the baby kicks really hard!

If I sleep on my back, "apparently" I snore in a funny way....and I am feeling heavy so getting back aches. Ah the joy of pregnancy!!!!

At least you only have 5 weeks to go...imagine me...14 weeks!!! Oh well It will be all worth it!!

AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2005 at 3:30pm
Oh poor paris. Does sound like a urine infection. Try and get as much water as you can into her. May give her some cranberry juice. Bath in epsom salts is ment to be good as well.

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2005 at 3:41pm
Poor Baby!
Hope she gets better....urine infection is not the best thing to have (child or adult).

I agree with Maria...all those things are meant to be helpful. Keep us updated!

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2005 at 8:47pm
yep, have to try and get a specimen to get it tested, but also found out she has a sore throat etc as well, so antibiotics for that. very hot and feverish tonight, after pamol temp is still 38 but keeping eye on her.

Roksana did you know that you shouldn't really sleep on your back from about 20 weeks? baby can press on major arteries and cut down blood supply.. could also be why you get back aches.

hey ana, you sound like me - both times i was preggers i had mike's work do to go to. luckily i had a big pair of jeans from my larger days which fit me nicely (scary to think that those fitted me very snuggly when i was larger before i lost weight.. yet were loose on me when i was full term both times!) and i got a great long top with ruched side that could be adjusted. it fitted round my tummy nicely but made me look huge!

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2005 at 9:00am
Damn really? No one told me....
Ok....no more sleeping on back for me. I am finding it so hard to find a comfortable position to sleep....arrggg.

Thanks Janine for that info.

AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2005 at 10:04am
yep left side is ment to be best. But i would always wake on my tummy. Hee hee

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2005 at 10:38am
Well it is right or left for me now....mainly left.
I use to always sleep on my tummy, but now I am scared, I dont wanna crush the baby...and it is too uncomfortable anyway.

newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2005 at 1:13pm
Roksana - the best thing to do is to put a pillow under your tummy when you lie on your side, you feel heaps more supported, I started doing that really early on, even when my tummy wasn't very big! Definately helps sleep.

Janine - I would have worn jeans too but the invite said "formal" grrrr. and as Peter hasn't been there long I didn't want to make a bad impression Hope Paris is feeling better soon.

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2005 at 2:05pm
yep, put one behind your back and wedge it under yoiur side, and one under your tummy doing the same thing, and lol, if you stick one between your knees (if you usually curl your legs up) it takes the pressure off. i was like the pillow queen, mike had no room in our bed.

bummer about the formal thing..
argh, i am missing out on cocktails tonight at mike's work's new building opening.. makes it a long day when he left at 7.30 this morning and won't be back till 7.30 tonight.. and i have a sick kid and a baby that is being a grommet today. oh well, will get him back when i go on nursing placements.. just think of all those 12 hours shifts that he will have to do the bedtime routine etc.. (not that i'll be awake enough by the end of them to gloat about it)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>