FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAuckland mums dinner - 16 June ’07

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
Author
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2007 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by gandt gandt wrote:

Originally posted by Paws Paws wrote:

Nothing wrong with valentines....well depends on which one you go to....

no theres not - i quite like it not that i've been for a while.

As I recall the Mt Eden one is pretty good and parking isn't too bad there either.

Sponsored Links

Katherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2007 at 3:17pm

The Pakuranga one is okay too -- I've been there once. I love cheap and tacky, myself. Growing up, my favourite place to eat was the Old Country Buffet (kind of like Valentine's) -- there's something about limp steamed broccoli with fluorescent orange cheese sauce that really warms my heart...

:)

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2007 at 3:42pm
ahhhhh booooo nonono aaaahhhhh

I am soooooo upset....but guess what my DD has passed on her bug to me and I vomited all morning Sunday and ran to the ladies every 10 min or so.....I had the worse day ever.....as I sit here my tummy is making funny noises...I swear there is an alien in there.....and the damn cold weather didnt help either. BOO BOO.....

I am glad you guys had fun.....Oh and I hate Valentines...specially the Manukau one.

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2007 at 6:44pm

As I recall the Mt Eden one is pretty good and parking isn't too bad there either.

Mmmmm, brandy snaps!
(but they're about the only reason I'd go there...)
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2007 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by Maya Maya wrote:

Mmmmm, brandy snaps!
(but they're about the only reason I'd go there...)

Oh yeah....the dessert bar. All you can eat. yeah baby.

Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2007 at 9:14am
VALENTINES?!?!?

I have had nothing but bad experiences from those joints! (last one resulted in an upset tummy)

If I get a leave pass to have a girls night out I'd personally rather go to a "nice" restaurant (maybe I'm a snob? too bad! )
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2007 at 9:05pm
i am with you Toni!!!!

Deez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2007 at 1:39pm
Depending on price range everyone wants to spend but what about Gee Gee's, Lone Star, Tony's or Gengy's...just some suggestions....anyway...I'll watch this post this time...if I get a pass out I might come along....I've been hanging out for a night out at a restaurant....

Edited by Deez

Lycan and Peyton = Moon and back!!
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2007 at 3:22pm
I like Lone Star, but do they take booking?
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2007 at 3:51pm
if you ask me lone star is as tacky as valentines...

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2007 at 7:03pm
No Lone Star don't take bookings, I have heard so much about Gengys latey, there are quite a few of them around town too.
I have had a bad expereinces with both Tony's when I was pregnant and we tried Valentines last week and it was just yuck.

BUT I am keen to go anywhere that is selected
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2007 at 7:49pm
Lone Star is great but would no doubt fall into the too expensive category for me and no they don't do bookings. I'd love to go somewhere nice too but we're generally not the financial.

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2007 at 7:59pm
Paws is right, Lonestar don't do bookings, altho if we went on a week night it might not be so bad.

Haven't tried Gengys but friends went to the New Lynn one recently and were impressed.

We could always do a Valentines lunch as a separate thing and have the kids come too coz they seem to love it and they have a play area for the bigger kids.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2007 at 8:02pm
The lunch thing would be a good idea...plus it's lunches are cheaper so added bonus!!!

I've just remembered, I think Lone Star Newmarket do bookings but that's for thier private room.

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2007 at 8:03pm
They do? I could check it out if people are keen?
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2007 at 8:41pm
I think so....it was a few years ago as I recall.

I probably wouldn't be in for the dinner though (as much as I love thier banoffee).

SMoody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2007 at 9:23pm
Having something with the kids might be a great idea. Cant give any ideas on restaurants. Still too new. So anywhere fine with me. (off course just as long as it isnt too expensive )

Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2007 at 3:42pm
Gen - just a thought and certainly don't wanna be your financial adviser when I get invited out (not often enough LOL) and we're a bit short of cash (too often LOL) I just order a large-ish entree and then have cheese on toast when I get home
That way, you still get to go out and have fun without it breaking the bank

I think that if there's only 10 people going again then we should order from the menu and then can decide what we want to spend
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2007 at 3:58pm
or be like me and sell something to pay for dinner...

how bout an indian restaurant - they arent that expensive and have great banquets... there are a couple in mt eden that are really good.

caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2007 at 4:18pm
Mmmmm Sitar in Mt Eden is reasonably priced and soooooo yummy!
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>