FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedsiamese twins

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: siamese twins
    Posted: 02 June 2007 at 9:37pm
Did anyone see on the news the lady who gave birth naturally to siamese twin boys joined at the stomach. It was in the poorest part of india and they even managed to seperate them.
Sponsored Links

CRS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2007 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by RachandJack RachandJack wrote:

Did anyone see on the news the lady who gave birth naturally to siamese twin boys joined at the stomach. It was in the poorest part of india and they even managed to seperate them.

Wow no i didn't. Is there a link on the net to look at?
Bonnie, Mum to a 1 1/2 year old & a 3 year old - still RF in their Brio Zento's
CPST & Safe2Go Technician
www.childrestraintsafety.com
Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2007 at 12:37pm
Dunno but it was on last week
Redbedrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redbedrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2007 at 2:39pm
Yep isaw that too, the surgeons looked it up on the internet, they had never done that kind of surgery beofre, one was good and the other one had a bigger recovery to make. didn't the mother give birth naturally in the village with minimal medical help, it was a really rural area anyway so there would not have been too much in the way of SCBU beds and paediatrician around at the time. The boys were 10months old wghen they seperated them I think
Can't remember where i saw the story tho, i think it was 3 news
Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2007 at 3:53pm
Wow thats amazing!!!

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
miss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2007 at 6:43pm
I qwas amazed enough by the surgery being conducted thanks to the research on the internet. Then I was sitting there thinking how awful it must hav been in the past when bnabies like that would have died during labour and probably killed the mother and how wonderful modern science was...and they said she delivered naturally with no assisstance! that blew me away, how on earth would she do that?

they were joined at the chest, so it isn't like the ones jonied at the head where one can slip out then the other - they would have had to come out together - ouch!
Redbedrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redbedrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2007 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by miss miss wrote:

they were joined at the chest, so it isn't like the ones jonied at the head where one can slip out then the other - they would have had to come out together - ouch!

yep I subconsciouly winced and crossed my legs when I worked that out
 Post Reply Post Reply