FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPain after C/S

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mamanee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamanee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pain after C/S
    Posted: 20 June 2007 at 4:02pm
After surviving the first week after my surgery I thought that the pain would slowly start to subside but I just can't shift this one pain I get on the left side of my scar. It's a muscle pain that happens when I bend a certain way, lie down, stand up, sit down, and sometimes when I walk. It's excruciating sometimes. Panadol helps but doesn't get rid of it altogether.

The pain is right under my scar. Have I overdone it? I probably shouldn't have been bending so much so soon, but it's hard not to when you have to get up all the time to a newborn baby and I know people say leave the housework for your partner, but there is still housework to be done during the day in order to keep baby in clean clothes, have bottles washed etc..

The muscle just keeps getting pulled and I don't think it's healing!

Did anyone else experience anything similar? My midwife said it was completely normal unless I have swelling around my scar, which I don't.
Sponsored Links

Sarah Beth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2007 at 4:12pm
Is hard for me to remember now, but when I first got home I found I was doing too much, washing etc, and started to get a bit sore. You really do have to stop and rest, although you have a baby to look after, remember you are also recovering from major surgery and you need to give your body a chance to heal which takes time. I still don't seem to have good muscle control on one side, think it will take some work!
Kazzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2007 at 5:06pm
have your stitches come out yet?, also sometimes the surgeon may have just stitched too tight and its just the muscle getting use to it.

mamanee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamanee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2007 at 8:08pm
Actually, now that you mention it, I have one stitch left on the side that hurts, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Thank you.
Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2007 at 9:32am
or ask your MW if you can up your pain meds?
luna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2007 at 11:53am
I had staples, and one of them 'kinked' on the right hand side. It was really sore for ages afterwards.

As Sarah Beth said, you do have to get some rest. Try doing your bits & pieces, and then having at least half an hour to an hour of sitting down and reading, or watching TV or having a snooze.
Selina

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2007 at 7:06pm
I had a stitch that didn't disolve and had a lot of pain around it, I put heaps of cream on it and it finally came away...pain gone.
Peace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2007 at 1:52pm
I had the same thing from a compression bandage ripping off pubic hair Might want to have a look with a mirror and check LOL!
DD1 May 2006
DD2 March 2011
DD3 August 2012
 Post Reply Post Reply