FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked’4real’

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2007 at 7:33pm
OR the guy from My Name is Earl, his son is called Pilot Inspektor.
I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
Sponsored Links

emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2007 at 8:20pm
These people shouldn't have the right to name their children if they give them such ridiculous names. It's just cruel.

Car names - fine. No probs there. They ARE names of something in the first place. But 4 Real? Honestly, these people need to be hit over the head because clearly they're not thinking straight. What horrible people! Isn't it every parents job to stop their children from being teased/harrassed etc?
Mikaela View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikaela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2007 at 9:06pm
Mercedes was a saint long before it was the name of a car, right??
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2007 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by arohanui arohanui wrote:

Oh my gosh that is so funny... DH and I were talking about baby names the other day and I joked that we should name our baby 7. Yep just 7. The other option was Nebuchadnezzar, so that shows the extent of the conversation.

I agree that numbers aren't names... and I think it's good that BDM stepped in.

But then again, don't you think Nebuchadnezzar is just as cruel? What if we seriously wanted to name our kid that, I'm sure we'd be allowed to? Where do you draw the line?

It's a good thing you have 30 weeks of pg left
Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2007 at 9:27pm
i think spelling it forreal would be ok - weird but ok! and real estate agent or not they def sound trailer trash to me....you can take them out of the trailer but...

I went to school with heaps of "girlie" and "boy" - can anyone say south auckland in the 70s? Now that way of naming should be outlawed too!!!

I still think a name can stop someone getting a job etc later on in life....people should think more carefully....
Leelee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leelee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2007 at 9:59pm
I heard the being interviewed on The Edge the other morning, I think he seriously had some screw loose but thats just my opinion. I am all for parental rights but that was just taking it a bit far, the poor child, just imagine how much that kid will get teased. Glad BDM stepped in and wouldnt allow it.
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2007 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by Bombshell Bombshell wrote:

I still think a name can stop someone getting a job etc later on in life....people should think more carefully....

I totally agree! Whether people like to think it or not, their children will one day be adults and may possibly want to be respected. How are you respected when your parents have called you '4 real' or '4 sure'?!
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2007 at 10:14pm
there was a little girl whose parents were in the ww a yearago or so, and she had died. she was named V8. seriously.
In japan there are rather strict rules with the kanji (characters) that can be used as names.
daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2007 at 8:29am
As far as I am aware, France has a list of "approved" names that prospective parents choose from. I know they did, I'm fairly sure they still do (too lazy to check)

And celebs with weird names for children? Rob Morrow (Don Epps on Numb3rs) and his wife Debon Ayre (sp?) wanted their daughter to have a fun name like her mum so they named her Tu. Yes, Tu Morrow. They call her Tui like the bird as a nickame.

Edited by daikini
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys
fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2007 at 10:25am
WTF? Hey, V8's mum is in the NZWW this week. Here's a question? How come she could do v8, but 4real got vetoed? Both stupid names in my opinion, anyhow..
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
yummymummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yummymummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2007 at 10:26am
OMG! Wonder how many of those kiddies will apply to change their names as soon as they can!

miss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2007 at 11:44am
Fattartsrock   - the reason is that you can have a number in the name, but it cannot start with a number. Probbably because of the difficulties numbers at the start would give to alphabetising and stuff liket hat, more than it simply being a stupid name.

Yeah, i can see me goingto a lawyer/doctor etc called 4real. :tui:
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2007 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by ErinsMama ErinsMama wrote:

Is that you they quoted Paws????

yeah it will be.

bookwyrm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bookwyrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2007 at 3:56pm
Found a petition to allow the name 4Real.

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/baby4real

Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2007 at 4:06pm
Gee now is it just me or is that petition really taking the mickey??

That's one I won't be signing!

bookwyrm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bookwyrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2007 at 4:17pm
I signed it, knowing it wont make a difference... boredom I guess.

MummyFreckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2007 at 7:59pm

I heard on National Radio (yes I am sad, old and boring) that the parents have come to a compromise with BDM. Dont know what it is, but suspect they have to spell it out in letters rather than use the number.

I personally think this is so stupid, and the poor child is going to be effected for life. I think that everyone is shaped by their name, whether consciously or not. You very rarely come across a female judge, doctor or lawyer with a name like Bluebell or Pixie do you? (For the record - both of these names were on my girls name list...!! )

Lissy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2007 at 8:06pm

[QUOTE=ladyluck]Found a petition to allow the name 4Real.

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/baby4real[/QUOTE]

I wont be signing this.  Maybe there should be one to say "NO" to this silly silly name....

Harlan Drew DOB: 06.12.06 & Stepmum to Ethan & Christian, DOB: 25.02.99
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2007 at 10:15am
My sister reckons Roxy, Candy and Mercedes are strippers names, she reckons my Mercedes will have no choice but to be a stripper coz of her name *rolls eyes*
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2007 at 11:38am
no, strippers names are spelt Merserdeez
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>