FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBread makers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bread makers
    Posted: 23 June 2007 at 10:07pm
How many of you have one? Do you use it a lot? How much per loaf (approx) does it work out to be? And is it easy? Any info/advice much appreciated. Been looking on Ferrit and they range in price from $130 (on special tho) to $300+. Very keen on this idea.
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
Sponsored Links

Konagirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Konagirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2007 at 2:23am
I've got one and it's great. DF eats heaps of bread, so it's a bit cheaper. We buy pre-mixed flour, so it's a bit more expensive then buying everything but cheaper then buying loaves of bread. So it's very easy. 3 teaspoons of yeast, 450g flour and 340mils of water and 5 hours later a lovely loaf of water.
Ours was $200 from briscoes.
Angel babies Mar '04, Oct '08 and Sep '09.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2007 at 10:26am
We use ours mainly for specialy bread, like whole grain and fruit loaf etc - but it's fantastic, I love the smell of it ! We got ours on Fly Buys points so not sure how much it was, but IMO definitely worth it (and yes, easy to use).
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2007 at 12:46pm
Cool thanks, might go check how many fly buys I need
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
Konagirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Konagirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2007 at 2:00pm
Totally agree with ErinsMum, great for specialty things. I've made pizza dough - so so so easy, hot cross bun dough, and sweet loaves. All super easy, all yummy. Well worth buying I think. Oh good old TM usually has heaps if you want to buy something second hand to make sure you'd use it.
Angel babies Mar '04, Oct '08 and Sep '09.
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2007 at 4:00pm
I don't really like the bread once the crust gets cold and dry so I don't always use mine. It's got a lovely smell for cold days (especially if you want bread and soup for lunch/dinner) and last time I worked out price was a couple of years ago at about 70c per loaf. It would be a bit dearer than that now and I have no idea about the electricity.

Also... I got mine s/h from TradeMe. About $40-$60 I think and it's about 5yo.
Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2007 at 8:47pm
we used to use ours a lot...would leave it to bake overnight ready for morning...and smell was heaven!!!

we are about to start using ours again cause DH eats too much white bread so we are going to do grain ones etc for his health...we will be doing sugar and salt free ones..loads of books around for breadmakers too for different receipes...

does def save a lot - unless you already buy 99cent loaves...

Edited by Bombshell
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2007 at 11:41am
I don't think it saves us anything, as like BS said if you already buy the 99c loaves you're getting a pretty good deal. We got ours free from MIL so that's the only reason we have one. Have used it about 4 times in 2 1/2 years but would probably use it more for things like beer bread (DH loves it) than normal white stuff, as I too don't like breadmaker crusts.
bookwyrm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bookwyrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2007 at 5:04pm
I have wanted one for ages!!! And a dehydrator but they are so blimmin' expensive!!!

lil_miss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil_miss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2007 at 10:37pm
We got one as a wedding present.. I keep meaning to get it out but it seems like too much hard work :) I love fresh bread though! :)
My3Sons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote My3Sons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2007 at 8:58am
We are looking at getting one too as at the moment we are getting through a loaf a day! DS has a thing for peanut butter sandwiches lol!  Might go check out fly buys I think!!
Mum to Mr 10, Mr 6 and Mr 4

Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2007 at 3:24pm
We have one and love it. I just got one for my BIL from www.thedeal.co.nz for $75 brand new. Great deal!

Post Reply Post Reply