FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedExcellent article in Practical Parenting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Excellent article in Practical Parenting
    Posted: 29 June 2007 at 7:53pm
I picked up the lastest Practical Parenting and there is an excellent article on c-sections. Granted it is an Australian mag but it helped me decide that I want to go for a VBAC with number 2 if I'm allowed.

Sponsored Links

Glow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2007 at 7:58pm
YAY hope i have time to check it out-Thanks for that!!
Fingers crossed your allowed
Mummy of Two Boys
B: 2004
K: 2007

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2007 at 8:27pm
What changed (made up?) your mind, Paws?
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2007 at 10:31pm
The article was talking a lot about the risks involved in c-sections and I guess although I sort of knew some of them it just kind of bought it home.

For example, a c-section carries increased risk of post natal depression, problems breast feeding both of which we all know but what I didn't know what that it also carries increased chance of rupture and maternal death.

I was also great to read the comment of a VBAC woman and how amazing she felt to manage the VBAC. Made me really think that while and elective c-section could be the "easy" way out in that I wouldn't have to go through labour it doesn't mean it's the best way.

Sure I'll still be dreading labour, how vividly I remember that pain but there is a bigger part of me that would really prefer a shot at a VBAC.

In the end it will depend on the recommendation of the hospital OB when the time comes but we'll see. I still may not be given an option and if that's the case fair call I'm happy to go with that.

Sarah Beth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2007 at 7:56am
I think for me it would come down to positioning as well, if bubs is posterier I think c-section is a better option as Jack got stuck turning.

I am starting to think for me, I would like to labour, but have an earlier intervention if necessary.
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2007 at 8:11am
Originally posted by Sarah Beth Sarah Beth wrote:

I think for me it would come down to positioning as well, if bubs is posterier I think c-section is a better option as Jack got stuck turning.

I am starting to think for me, I would like to labour, but have an earlier intervention if necessary.

That's pretty close to how I feel to. Maddie getting stuck is something we'd need to consider as well. At least we know for both of us we're in good hands!!

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2007 at 9:06am
It is scary going for a VBAC after emergency c/s. In the month before my VBAC I was so freaked out. I wanted either VBAC or c/s but NOT both and NOT emergency LOL.
Sarah Beth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2007 at 7:42pm
very true Paws, in excellent hands, and I can't sing enough praise for the midwives at the hospital either. I loved mine that was with me when Angela wasn't
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2007 at 7:56pm
Same!!

Post Reply Post Reply