FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMy big skite

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Glow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My big skite
    Posted: 29 June 2007 at 8:12pm
I had a call from my MW this afternoon asking if it would be OK to film my elective on Tuesday. Cool aye!! it might make me famous lol

It kinda makes it a little bit better if i fail my VBAC journey, so what ever will be, will be. When ever it happens; its going to be a special day regardless!!
Mummy of Two Boys
B: 2004
K: 2007

Sponsored Links

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2007 at 8:22pm
What are you still doing here, Glow?! I was hoping you would have had a VBAC by now LOL!
Glow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2007 at 8:31pm
hehe please give us a bit more hope, but then i wont be filmed & famous!! Cutting it fine aint I?
Mummy of Two Boys

jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2007 at 12:01pm
that's awesome glow! although i am crossing all fingers and toes for you to have that boy by VBAC! i understand what it's like to want it so much.

but now you have a positive for the c/s... you'll have an amazing video of your childs birth

AnnC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2007 at 1:56pm
I actually just watched a breeched baby born by CS on you tube which interested me as I never saw mine. IF i ever have another and have to have a ceasar I so want to film mine too... Once you gt over the gorre stuff it will be a very special thing to have and watch.

Oh I also had a friend who video'd hers and offered me to watch hers before I had my ceasar - shes had 3 ceasars. i didn't watch it though.
Ann

Also Mum to Josh (15) and Brooke (10)
Glow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2007 at 5:35am
MY video will be filmed for educational purposes. WE did get some good photo's of my first c-sec, but a video will be very special

Went looking at you-tube & found the c-sec video- thought I'd share with those that are interested.

**Graphic content- please be warned!! LOTS of guts & gore!!**
                                                                C-Sec Video
Mummy of Two Boys

Brenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2007 at 6:47pm
Oh wow!! That video was amazing, thanks for sharing
My beautiful 2 girls...nearly 4 and 13 months
Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2007 at 8:28pm
just waiting for the video to download - is it really an hour long?

I wanted our CS filmed but they said it was hospital policy not to but my MW took some photos for us. Would have liked to have had "during" photos but I guess with an ECS they've got other stuff to do

ETA:
Sorry Glow, I have no manners at all!
Thanks for posting the link and all the best for your big event! Can;t wait to hear all about it and of course see pics of bubs

Edited by Two Blondinis
Brenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2007 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by Two Blondinis Two Blondinis wrote:

just waiting for the video to download - is it really an hour long?

I only watched it to about 15 mins, by then the baby was out
My beautiful 2 girls...nearly 4 and 13 months
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2007 at 8:34pm
Oh cool, I'll wait for the to buffer then watch it after CSI. Have been very curious to see one!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2007 at 8:52pm
I just saw it! (up until 15mins) It's was weird/beautiful!

Did anyone else sit there going "ohhh, eeeee, ahhhh" when they were cutting and pulling apart the incision? lol

I was a bit shocked at how rough they were with the baby but I just they have to be aye?

I wanna find a head down CS now
AnnC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2007 at 9:44pm
i reckon they were really rough pulling baby out... I didn't watch this link must of been the one I saw the other day. I was very curious as Rhyley was breeched like that - hope he didn't get so pulled.
Ann

Also Mum to Josh (15) and Brooke (10)
Glow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2007 at 10:00pm
It was a bit eww at first & i thought they looked they they were going to dislocate the babes shoulders & stuff

My babe is head down & here is Brae's first photo emergency c-sec, head down (looks like they did some strange things to his legs aye??)

Mummy of Two Boys

Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2007 at 10:05pm
I'm sorry but I just watched that and it further decided me that I want a VBAC if at all possible.

A friend of mine has always siad with her c-sections that she didn't give birth, her babies were taken from her. I never really got that until watching that video. Now I totally understand where she was coming from.

I know I lot of people won't agree with my comment and I still think a c-section is spot on if the health of mother and/or baby is in danger but why would people choose to do that when they could give birth naturally.

I've seen a vaginal birth first hand and it was beautiful. That was just surgery.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2007 at 9:16am
I understand where you are coming from Gen - But in my case I definitely don't agree that my baby was "taken from me".

I carried her for 9mths, laboured as best I could and when it all went wrong the surgery saved her life. I feel that the surgeon helped me to deliver her and I don't think I had anything taken away from me because of it. Perhaps it was due to my amazing support people or just my frame of mind.

With #2, if I do go down the Elective CS road, then I will still feel the same - that the surgeon helped me and bubs to start our lives in the best possible way.

This is just MY OPINION (so don't read it if you don't want to as I know a lot of people will disagree), but I don't think the method of birth is as important as some people make us believe. I know my daughter arrived the best/safest way for us and I've never had any issues with bonding (had it drumed into us at Antenatal class that *ALL* CS mums take ages to bond to their baby for the exact reason you gave). I think it is more important that I carried her for 9 months, grew her from a tiny speck and have looked after her the best I could for the past year and will continue to do so for many many years to come. To me the birth is the shortest event in your whole lives together, so I choose not to put too much emphasis on it.
**This isn't a rant at anyone at all, I just feel very strongly about this**

I agree that VBs are best for some, but certainly not all.

I hope you get your VB when the time comes
Glow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2007 at 7:39pm
Hi all- we are home.
Elective went really well, we got some awesome photos (which i will upload later)
Kalyx Angelo was born 03/07/07 at 11.59am weighung 8lb 1oz
Mummy of Two Boys

Mazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2007 at 7:49pm
CONGRATULATIONS! Can't wait to see the photos, well done! Hope the filming went well too - when do you get to see it?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2007 at 12:17pm
Congrats Glow.

Sorry you didn't get your VBAC but at least your lil' man is here at last and a movie star too!
Glow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2007 at 3:24pm
Here is a photo of Kalyx seconds old (unfortunately the spotlights on my guts-can you see his bum in the background)

Kalyx minutes old

These are a few my DP took in theater

Am looking forward to getting my disk in the mail of photos from the hospital. Unfortunately they only took what they called subsequential still photos rather than a video but apparently they are really good- & it will go toward a good cause for training surgeons etc.

Mummy of Two Boys

justme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2007 at 10:30am

Thanks for sharing that vid link Glow.. I managed to watch most of it. It wasn't too bad at all..

And now.. you & kalyx will be stars lol!

take care x!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>