FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked7 year old attempted Abduction!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
nuttymama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuttymama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 7 year old attempted Abduction!!
    Posted: 04 July 2007 at 2:00pm
How scary would this have been for that little girl and her family. They don't say it on this one but there were adults inside as well. I really hope they catch this guy!!   

Abduction victim left muddy and bleeding
By IAN STEWARD - The Press | Wednesday, 4 July 2007

A seven-year-old girl abducted as she slept in her grandmother's lounge was left muddied and bleeding after her screams scared the attacker off.

The girl's nose was "crushed" from the force of the assailant's gloved grip across her mouth as he carried her into the backyard.

The victim's mother, Christine, yesterday said she felt "sick and terrified" when she heard her daughter's screams and then discovered her little girl had narrowly escaped a kidnapping attempt.

Christine, her husband, and their three children had come to Christchurch from their country home.

They were staying at the home of Christine's parents, in Linwood, on Saturday night.

"We were out celebrating Mum's 70th.

"My sister ... was here with her family too. There were 12 of us in the house.

"We watched the rugby and went to bed at 1.30am.

"We were in the sleepout and Dad was in the camper so the back door was unlocked.

"Four of the kids, aged three to 13, were sleeping in the lounge and the lights were on.

"I woke up at 3am because I heard screaming.

"I wasn't sure where it was coming from and I didn't know what it was."

Christine said her sister heard the seven-year-old screaming too.

"She found her violently shaking and crying. She said a man had taken her out into the dark. She was covered in mud and she had blood on her pyjamas. He had had his hand on her face. She started screaming and he threw her down on the lawn and ran off up the driveway."

The fridge and the pantry were open and the grandmother's purse had been taken.

A car had been broken into in the driveway.

Police were called and the girl was taken to a clinic about 6am and was checked for sexual assault. Tests returned a negative result.

Christine said her daughter had thought it was her father "picking her up and taking her to bed".

The attacker was described as wearing all black with fingerless gloves and dark skin.

The family was taken to a motel while police collected forensic evidence from the house.

Grandmother Jean said she and her husband had lived in the house for nine years and had not experienced any trouble there.

Christine said her daughter was recovering well.

"There's bad, horrible, people everywhere. People need to be aware that he is out there. Be aware and keep your babies close. If he's brazen enough to come in here he'll do it again."

Eight police officers were yesterday interviewing neighbours about the incident.

Investigation head Detective Sergeant Todd Hamilton said any apparent link between an abduction attempt of an eight-year-old girl in the same street in May was tenuous.

From the descriptions provided, the two attackers appeared to be different, but the girl in Sunday's incident had woken suddenly in the arms of a stranger and was able only to provide a fleeting description, Hamilton said.

A car parked in the driveway early on Sunday had been broken into and police wanted to hear from anyone in the neighbourhood whose car had been interfered with.

Abigail 06/01/2005
Jayden   21/11/2001
Micheal 03/04/1997
Sponsored Links

Bubbaloo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bubbaloo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2007 at 2:22pm
I heard about this yesterday on the radio it's very sad I just can't fathom how pretty can hurt young kids or anyone for that matter.

Was danni-chick

Mum to James

My Angel 28/07/08
my2angels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my2angels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2007 at 2:59am
its terrible aye. really scary. Hay St is where I grew up and thats where that guy tried to get the girl walking to school and now they say this is close to Hay St!!!
pepsi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2007 at 8:01pm
Poor girl, but I'm so glad he didn't manage to take her away.. I hope that guy gets hit by a damn truck.
Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2007 at 10:34am
That is just awful and confirms my stance on not letting my girls go anywhere alone! They dont walk to the shop at the end of the street, play at the school across the etc. If they want to play at the school I always go over with my coffee and a book. Safety first I say! That poor girl. Im with you Pepsi about the damn truck!!!

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
caitlynsmygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2007 at 11:27pm
oh my god! thats so scary -i hate hearing things like that, i always get the "that could be caitlyn " feeling ....

i agree kels, safety always first, i always walk to school with c and probably will till she graduates at 18 (maybe not...she mightnt like it..)

when i was at a shopping mall one day i saw two women, aged about 30 something, with their 2 kids and the kids (aged about 3 ) said they wanted to go to the toilet-so the mums just pointed them in the direction and sent them off to the toilet BY THEMSELVES
Im sorry...are we living in a world i dont know about where there arent such things as paedophiles etc?
i always go into the toilet at public places with c and she always comes in to the toilet with me when i go, altho its quite embarrassing when she says "are you doing poos mum?" so everyone can hear
marielb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marielb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 8:07pm
Isn't it sad that we have to be so much more careful now because of so many creepy people around.
Even when I was little I was allowed to do so much more than I would ever let my boys do!!!
nuttymama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuttymama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2007 at 9:43am
A 43 year old man has been arrested and, indications are he plans on pleading guilty.
Abigail 06/01/2005
Jayden   21/11/2001
Micheal 03/04/1997
 Post Reply Post Reply