FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAug 06 Toddlers!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 17>
Author
FionaS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2007 at 8:44pm
Hi Ladies. Exciting news...Gabrielle is now walking independently!!! She has also mastered a few new words so now has a total vocab of 13 words :) The newest 2 words are "clock" and "shoes". She has also learned to point the remote at the tv and press the buttons until the channel changes.

Isn't it amazing to watch them develop at this age?
Mummy to Gabrielle and Ashley
Sponsored Links

chonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2007 at 9:07pm
OK.... what am i doing wrong? Vincent has no teeth, only says a few words, (maybe 7?) and isn't sleeping right during the day anymore? what am i doing wrong?!?!?!???

FionaS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2007 at 9:15pm
Hi Chonny...don't worry

1. Teeth are not related to any developmental milestones. They will come when they are ready...and the later they arrive the stronger they are

2. 7 words is fab! They look for about 10 by 18mths so he is doing really really well. Elle's language is exceptional but remember she didn't crawl so she was focussing on words while other babies were learning to move

3. Day sleeps - sometimes day sleeps get mucked up at times when they are dropping a sleep but they do settle down. Just be consistent with trying to get him down around the same time each day and he will get back into it.

Am I right in thinking you have a new baby too? Maybe that is exciting him??
11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2007 at 7:59am

Originally posted by chonny chonny wrote:

OK.... what am i doing wrong? Vincent has no teeth, only says a few words, (maybe 7?) and isn't sleeping right during the day anymore? what am i doing wrong?!?!?!???

Everything Fiona said oh and Mikey does not really say any word's yet except Dadda and Mumma.

Deborah Mum to:

chonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2007 at 1:33pm
Thanks Fiona,
No i don't have a new baBY, i wish i did, ....., Hopefully going to try for a new one soon. Unfortunately i wish my days were all the same where i could get him down at the same time every day :( i just feelk like i'm not doing very well at the moment. You'd think being a nanny i would know all this, but i just feel useless etc at the moment....

FionaS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2007 at 4:52pm
I'm sure you are doing a great job! Is he reasonably happy with no day sleep though? If yes, then perhaps he doesn't need much? Just keep doing your best

Must be getting you confused with another member re: the new baby! Sorry about that.
11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2007 at 6:45pm

Thanks Fiona, 
You'd think being a nanny i would know all this, but i just feel useless etc at the moment....

I felt totally the same way when I had Alan I was totally at a loss it is so differnt when it is your baby so don't feel bad hunny you are doing a great job!!!!!!!!!!

Deborah Mum to:

chonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2007 at 11:03pm
Thanks for keeping positive guys. It's what i needed. Fiona, yea i guess he kind of happy during day. gets grumpy late avo and clingy, which is really annoying....but yea i guess so?

FionaS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2007 at 10:26am
The late afternoon grumpiness and clingyness is totally normal. Most babies I hear about still do that...even if they nap! If he is happy then he probably has less sleep needs. Just keep doing your best :) Sounds like you are doing a great job.
chonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2007 at 1:02pm
Thanks.... i'm going to try putting him down about 11.30 for a sleep and see if he has longer. Hasn't the last couple of days, but he's been in the car so understandable. Maybe tomorrow we will be home in time. lol. Or maybe not with mainly music. lol

FionaS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2007 at 3:49pm
We've been meaning to joing mainly music. Which one do you go to Chonny.

I'm constantly astounded about how much Elle understands. This morning she was doing circles around me as I dried my hair. She seemed to be getting bored so I suggested that she go and look at her books. Next thing I know I peek into her room and she is standing at her bookcase looking at her books! I had no idea 1 year olds understood so much! Ain't they just the cleverest little things?!
chonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2007 at 7:13pm
That is so cool Fiona!

Yay for Elle.

We go to the one at Hillsborough Baptist

FionaS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2007 at 7:45pm
That is really close to us but i work Thurs mornings so will have to find another one. We did go to one but Elle was too young and unsettled to benefit so we stopped going. Now she is older and loves music so I know she would absolutely love to go.
chonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2007 at 11:00am
apparently our joint friend used to sometimes go to greenlane music on a wednesday

you could try there, otherwise Ngairie Ave bible chapel have one on a wednesday too, they were predominantly toddlers when i was there

buzimumto3boys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buzimumto3boys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2007 at 6:54am
Hi guys.... thought I might join in here!
My son was born 8/8/06

Sounds like everyones bubs are doing really well! Cam says very few words... and isnt walking yet either! Im not rushing it tho as the other 2 were walking by this age... I want him to stay my baby a little longer!!

He has always been a good sleeper... they all seem to have been, so we dont have much problems there! Thank goodness. Though he has changed his day sleeps to normally one now around lunch time, if he has been really busy sometimes he will have 2.

I have never taken him to music or gym or anything...thinking I should start!!
mum2emj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2emj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2007 at 8:06am
hi buzimum! how old are your boys?

kayla is showing no signs still of walking anytime soon- which a bit like you buzimum my other 2 were, i think kayla just loves being carried around! lol, that and she is a fast crawler so gets places happily anyway.

chony- how are you doing? its easy to feel like we are doing something wrong but it sounds like vincent is doing really well! 7 words is great! jade didnt get her first tooth till she was 13.5months old everyone is different which makes all babies special
and being a nanny doesnt make it any easier! i think as nannies we have high expectations on ourselves which makes it harder in a way! like we should know everything already.. things are really different when its your own baby 24/7, your flesh and blood, your hormones going crazy! you are doing a really good job by the sounds of it, so you should be proud of yourself!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buzimumto3boys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2007 at 8:21am
Hi,
My boys are 4.5 nearly 3, and 13 months. They are all 21 months apart!

I think Cam is too scared to walk as he tends to get pushed around a bit as it is!!

Chonny: I agree with what mum2emj said, I also for a time was a Nanny and I really couldnt understand why people yelled at their kids and did some of the things they did.... now I completely understand how frustrating things can be. Dont worry about the words! My son only says a few things... mum mum dad dad and some other things we try and decypher! And as for walking I would say he is a way off... he cruises furniture and has only recently stood a couple of times (only for a few seconds!) without help.
My eldest son was 13 months when he got his first tooth and then he got them all very quickly. Cam has 7 teeth at the moment and they seem to come in 2's.
I hope you are feeling better about how things are going! Im sure you are doing a great job!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buzimumto3boys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2007 at 8:24am
Oh and Chonny he will speak alot more when his teeth come through as well... in my experience any way... it seems to help them control their tongue more when they have teeth to guide them!

Also Cam is VERY clingy... he hangs off my pants in the kitchen and follows me EVERYWHERE! He wont even sit with DH for long.. he wants to climb all over me!! Im hoping this will change when he is walking! ... or am I????? LOL
mum2emj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2emj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2007 at 8:46am
eek! kayla can be clingy at times to me too! but not as bad as she was.
wow! 21 months apart thats really cool! i love the smaller age gaps.
jade turns 5 next month, emma is 3.5 and kayla is 13 months so mine are a wee mix of age, i dont really like the 2 year 5 month gap between emma and kayla love the 17.5 month gap with jade and emma and the big gap (almost 4 years) between jade and kayla.
kayla will be 21 months (i think) when his baby is due.
FionaS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2007 at 9:11am

apparently our joint friend used to sometimes go to greenlane music on a wednesday

you could try there, otherwise Ngairie Ave bible chapel have one on a wednesday too, they were predominantly toddlers when i was there

Yes we used to go to the Wed one at Greenlane church but there is quite a long waiting list for that one unfortunately. Might look into the other one.

:)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 17>