FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWhat is New Zealand turning into???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AnnC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is New Zealand turning into???
    Posted: 26 July 2007 at 10:14am
horrific abuse
Thu, 26 Jul 2007 08:06a.m.    

Police have begun releasing details of what appears to be another horrific case of child abuse.

Rotorua police say a three-year-old girl is in Starship Hospital in Auckland after being assaulted over a period of up to three weeks.

She was taken to Rotorua Hospital last Sunday morning with a head injury and was later airlifted to Starship where she is in a serious but stable condition.

Police say she was repeatedly assaulted by extended family members - with the assaults intensifying over three days at the end of last week.

Medical attention was apparently not sought until at least 36 hours after the last assault.

Police say they have charged four people with assault - men aged 17, 19 and 21 and a woman aged 17.

Detective Senior Sergeant Mark Loper says the girl has a serious injury that required her emergency flight to Auckland.

It seems to be getting worse since Sue Bradfords Bill, unless its just we are hearing more about it????
Ann

Also Mum to Josh (15) and Brooke (10)
Sponsored Links

mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 11:02am

It seems to be getting worse since Sue Bradfords Bill, unless its just we are hearing more about it????

I think you are on the money there, even since the bill was introduced there was more and more media attention on child abuse cases. If it hadn't of been introduced then something like this would have made BOP news and probably thats all.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
nuttymama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuttymama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 11:15am
Wow that's so sad. I think about how much Abby cries when she hurts herself, you would have to have no heart to hurt a child the way these people do!!
Abigail 06/01/2005
Jayden   21/11/2001
Micheal 03/04/1997
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 11:31am

Maybe thats the point of reporting it, as a test to the uselessness of Sue Bradfords Bill in preventing this type of violence.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
AnnC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 11:32am
I mean it was 3 males and 1 female - all young - but that is no excuse for treating a child like that.

i am sorry to blame the generations beofre them but you wonder what up bringing they had to do that to a 3 year old
Ann

newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 12:17pm
I think it has nothing to do with Sue Bradfords bill per se, just that the media is probably taking more notice of cases.

I'm shocked by how often these sort of things are happening!!!

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 12:29pm
That is so very sad I have a 3yo DD and she is so lovely, I can't see how anyone could hurt someone like that - especially over the course of a week or whatever! And poor girl will probably remember it for a long time yet - Hannah still remembers events from last year
caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 1:18pm
I'm looking at my gorgeous little 3 year old and am absolutely horrified that anyone could hurt someone so small and trusting??? Let alone 3 of them hurting her!
It just makes me want to cry
I hope those kids that did it are put away and subjected to much worse in prison
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

Mummy2three View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mummy2three Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 3:48pm
Aww that is awful!!! Makes me all teary thinking about that poor little girl I hope that the teenagers that did it get what they deserve. It said in the article I read that the mother won't be charged. Makes you wonder what she was doing when all this was taking place over the last 3 weeks   
AnnC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 4:31pm
you wonder aye - mother can;t be charged! Why not! Isn't part of parenting to make sure your child is safe and well.

And I do agree we are hearing alot more about it not that there is an increase of these type of cases.
Ann

AnnC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 6:21pm
WTF Just heard on TV3...tying her to the clothes line and spinning it till she flew off, playing (???) pro wrestling with her -properly like on tv, putting her on the roof of the house?? What P#sses me off is that the neighbours saw this and did nothing! Whats so wrong with ringing the police and letting them know - it can be annonmously (or at least the police have to keep you annon)

sick sick!!!

Ann

nuttymama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuttymama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by AnnC AnnC wrote:

WTF Just heard on TV3...tying her to the clothes line and spinning it till she flew off, playing (???) pro wrestling with her -properly like on tv, putting her on the roof of the house?? What P#sses me off is that the neighbours saw this and did nothing! Whats so wrong with ringing the police and letting them know - it can be annonmously (or at least the police have to keep you annon)

sick sick!!!

AnnC that is exactly what I just told my DH. How the hell could you see that and hear her screams and not report it. It makes me sick to my stomach. Gutless
Abigail 06/01/2005
Jayden   21/11/2001
Micheal 03/04/1997
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 7:03pm
Yeh I can't believe the neighbours either, especially when they saw up on the roof crying....

Again.... how did the mother not know? Why didn't the little brothers say anything to their mother. I personally feel that the mother should be arrested... she didn't provide her daughter a safe environment... and what was she doing shacking up with a 17year old!? GRRR.

Guess there will be alot of those "why" questions... I hope she pulls through and gets put with a family who'll care for her.
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 7:08pm
Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 7:27pm
OMG and they put her in a ice cold bath then in the dryer That is so F#*Ked UP!!! I was so livid listening to the 3news and my 11yr daughter was in tears, she just couldnt believe people would do that to innocent children!! I cannot believe the neighbours heard/saw what was going on and didnt call the police, they need to be charged as accessories  and I agree the mother needs to be charged too!!! Poor wee girl

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 7:41pm
I just read the update on stuff and I'm so mad!! How could anyone do that! I just wanna give the little girl a big, "proper" mummy cuddle and bring her to my place!!!! How could her parents not have known anything in the last 2-3 weeks, and why do CYF think the other 4 kids are ok?

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 7:42pm
I find it appalling that we live in a country where people think that doing that kinda of thing to a child (or hey an animal for that matter) is okay, or funny. it makes me feel physically sick. and as for the neighbours -
AnnC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by Kels Kels wrote:

OMG and they put her in a ice cold bath then in the dryer That is so F#*Ked UP!!! I was so livid listening to the 3news and my 11yr daughter was in tears, she just couldnt believe people would do that to innocent children!! I cannot believe the neighbours heard/saw what was going on and didnt call the police, they need to be charged as accessories  and I agree the mother needs to be charged too!!! Poor wee girl

i forgot about the ice cold bath and drier - another WTF.
Ann

marielb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marielb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 8:46pm
Isn't this just bloody awful

I want to take all these abused children in and give them the loving home that they deserve.
Leish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 9:07pm
Infuriating and also very very sad for that poor little bubba.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>