FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked!!! Babies Due In April 2008!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 85868788>
Author
nonny View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2008 at 6:31pm
Wow it has gone quiet, I keep coming back to see if there is any news from anyone!

Hope all well with the new babies!

All okay here, Sasha is getting into a better pattern, incredibly busy though as husband has gone back to work. And my older girl are still friggin sick!! ahhhhhhhhhh

Just off to feed again, I am so excited about Desperate Housewives being on!!

Hollie, how is Caroline? I hope she is getting better.

Mikkie Kaiz, very quiet without you guys!!
Busy mum to three beautiful daughters;
Anita 18/11/04, Eloise 24/05/06 and new baby Sasha 12/04/08

Sponsored Links

Snappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2008 at 2:38pm
im back!
little Jackson Tamati was born on anzac day, 9lb 3oz at 2.06pm. head 36cm.

and mikki had her wee girl on the 27th, Taylah Samantha Jamie 8lb 5oz.

My waters broke on anzac morning at 12.30am. called the midwife as contractions hadnt quite started. Throughout the morning i had some mild contractions, and at 4am midwife calld to say i had to go to the hospital for my first dose of antibiotics. at 5am she checked me and said i was dilating, and said to go home and to come back at 12pm and she'd have to hook up to get me going if im not dilated enough. i went back home and was in severe pain, DH was busy mopping the floors and doing the housework while i was having contractions. at 11am i told DH i just couldnt cope as i was tired, and he said we couldnt until i was at least having 3 contractions in 10 mins. he then decided he should start timing them, and told me id had 3 in 8 mins so he'd call the midwife. arrived at the hospital at 11.20 and i was ready to ask for an epidural, thinking i was only in early labour. she did an exam and told me i was 7cm-8cm already and i had two options, have an epidural and have probably half an hours pain relief, or get in the bath with some aromatherapy and have my boy in a few hours. so i tried some gas and decided it was great and id give the bath a go. at 1pm the midwife told me to start pushing in the bath but i refused, told her she was a liar and that i cant be ready yet! i finally got out of the bath at 2pm and he was out at 2.06pm.
was really overwhelmed by the whole thing, and couldnt believe id done most of it at home!!!!

anyway, heres my little (big!) man. hes an angel!

Edited by kaiz231
Mummy to two beauties... Formerly Kaiz.
my4beauties View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2008 at 3:16pm
Aww jackson's beautiful!! Congrats Kaiz!
My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

susieq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susieq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2008 at 4:07pm
Congratulations Kaiz and DH he is beautiful and congratulations mikki and DH on your daughter
Love both the names
Leelee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leelee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2008 at 4:28pm
Congrats Kaiz, he is just gorgeous.... cluck cluck cluck
jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2008 at 4:41pm
congrats kaiz and family!! he's so handsome

mikki...congrats on your baby girl! told you it would be sunday

Mikki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2008 at 7:46pm
hi ladies!

Well I am now home, Taylah Samantha Jamiee was borne at 6.12am on Sunday 27th April after 38 hours of labour!!! yes thats right 38 hours. I had contractions starts on Friday 25th at 3pm thought they were 20 mins apart, and because i didn't know what to expect I thought they would probably just go away like they had done previously. Anyway at 10pm on Friday I lost my plug and had a 'show', then almost immediately contractions started to get more intense, I couldn't sleep and knew this was labour, so ended up staying up all night at by 1am contractions were every 5 mins, and extremely painful. I texted my mw at 1.15am to warn her, and she called me back at 4am to check at that time they were still 5 mins apart, she said if they got to 3-4 mins to call her and make my way to hospital, by 7am they were 2-3 mins apart, so we called and headed to hospital only to find out after examining me that I was only 1cm dialated,and I was gutted, so I was on the monitor, bubs heartrate was perfect and I was definatley contracting every 2-3 mins and very strong, but I was sent home and told to come back at 4.30pm that day unless my waters broke in the meantime. Got home and contractions did not ease and remained 2-3 mins every tiem i had one i had to get up and walk around, i was in tears they were so painful. Went back to hospital at 4,30pm only to be gutted again to find i was now only 1.5cm dialated, again I was sent home as they couldn;t help me until I reached 3cm. I was so tired, my mw suggested I go back later that night abut 10.30pm, I went home hoped inthe bath and stayed there for 3 hours, as it was the only place that was comfrtable and around 8pm, hubby and my mw talked and decided i was so tired and in so much pain that at 10.30pm i would be given an epidural and an oxytocin drip, i somehow managed to get through the rest of the time, got to the hospital at 10.30pm, and around midnight (saturday) I was given the oxytocin and after one hour they managed to get the epidural in, so I had no pain relief for 32 hours of labour. Finally I was able to sleep which i did on and off my mw checked my every couple of hours to check dialation as at 10.30pm i was only 2cm still!! At 2am i was 3cm and then at 4am i was 5cm, then in an hour i somehow got to 10cm, the mw waited for a bit as she wanted the epidural to ware off slightly, and after 45 mins of pushing, my little girl arrived weighing 8.5lbs and 50cm long and she is just gorgeous, all the pain was worth it! and i so dont regret having the epidural. We remained in hospital for 10 hours as we both had high temps, then went to birthcare for one night and i came home on monday night, and so far everything is going well.

I will post a pic tomorrow, and about to go to bed, as have just finished feeding her.

Kaiz your lttle boy is just gorgeous.
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2008 at 7:53pm
Congrats April Mummies! Are there anymore April babies still to come or have all of you moved over to the First Baby board already?
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Angie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2008 at 10:24pm
I'm still here!!

Still not really posting alot but popping on at least twice a day to see how every body is!!

Been having contractions every 8 minutes for about 3 days now... nothing stops em & nothing makes em come faster!!!

Kinda strange feelings at the mo as both my girls were early & started labour with waters breaking - this boy how ever seems to like it in there!!!

Went into see MW this morn & she had me on the moniter for an hour just watching the contractions & said that he still wasn't engaged & that when he finally does decide to get his lil head down there it should be rather quick!!! (Heres hoping - Bubs #1 was 15 hours after waters breaking & #2 was 12!!)

If any body knows any labour voodoo feel free to send it my way for tonight!!

Loving seeing all the bubba pix too by the way!! CLUCK CLUCK CLUCK.
SarahandBubble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SarahandBubble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2008 at 9:38am
I am here too but I recon mine will end up May after all, unless the little monkey decides to come today!! Good luck Angie! Congrats Mikki! Cant wait to see pics!
Sarah, and her little bugs!

jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2008 at 1:46pm
what a long road to delivery for you mikki!!!   well done hun!

rosewood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosewood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2008 at 4:14pm
Congratulations Mikki and Kaiz.

Good Luck Angie! We dont mind you joining us May mums to be but I sure that you want your baby now!

Edited by rosewood
Gill

nonny View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2008 at 5:57pm
Yay congratulations Kaiz and Mikki!

Kaiz, I love the photos! The photo of your daughter with Jackson is just beautiful! She looks so proud! Well done! How is the feeding/sleeping going?

Mikki, well done, what a long long birth. You must be exhausted from it! I too had a very long birth with Eloise and I remember when I finally got he epidural, it was bliss! Nice to finally have some sleep. I can't wait to see pics too!

Angie, I hope those contractions turn into something soon! What a trickster already!

I managed to catch the girls tummy bug last night, it was horrible! But finally feeling better now, I just hope that Sasha doesn't catch it. I expressed a lot and my husband feed her through the night, so fingers crossed.

Congrats new April mummies!

Snappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2008 at 8:42pm
ooh yes angie fingers crossed!

well, had a "good" day today. Jackson seems to sleep for around 3 1/2 hours at a time, and is up for about an hour each time. during the afternoon he only wakes for a quick feed then hes back down again...

ive had violent diarrhoea & cramping the past 3 days. when i left the hospital they gave me some medication to take as i was anaemic. turns out my body doesnt agree with it...
i dont know what i would have done without dh! he stays up with me till baby is asleep, it so nice having company.

midwife visited today and jackson has put on 300 grams since sunday. hes now 4.2kgs! she said he is a ferocious feeder and has an amazing muscle tone.

so we are both doing really well, the only thing im struggling with is the initial "let down" pain, and dealing with two kids..janaya is a great help but shes been trying to wake him ,and also loves waking me even though DH is awake. i feel incredibly guilty when i catch up on sleep.. im caught between looking after myself or spending time with her!
im also trying not to growl at her.

nonny was sasha quite happy to take the bottle? i havent tried that yet

Mummy to two beauties... Formerly Kaiz.
Mikki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2008 at 7:57am
hey everyone, I am recovering well, stiches hurt a tiny bit! but pain easing slowly.

Here is a pic taken when she was one day old fast asleep on her dad!

Edited by Mikki
rosewood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosewood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2008 at 7:59am
She's gorgeous Mikki
Gill

Mikki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2008 at 8:08am
sorry pic is too big, but can't be bothered resizing!

breastfeeding going well, not sure she is latching on correctly as have cracked nipples now, but when i put her on it only hurts for a split second then its gone. She is a quick feeder usaully 20 mins per time, mw was a bit concerned about that, so yesterday we had to takle her for a blood test as she has a bit of jaundice (not sure if thats how you spell it!) as apparenlty they feed short amounts as they fall asleep! but results came back and she is fine. Milk came in yesterday day 3 and man they are sore and big! so bit hard to get her to latch on but I am sure that will get easier. Was up twice during the night once at 1am for an hour then again at 5am for about 45 mins, and she is due to wake anytime now, we are supposed to feed her every 3 hours at the moment, but it is hard to wake her up!

Gill and sarah not long for you to go!

Angie good luck hope tonight/today is your lucky day!

Kaiz your little boy is just gorgeous!
my4beauties View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2008 at 8:14am
Congrats Mikki, your little girl is very gorgeous!
My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

nonny View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2008 at 8:55am
Wow Kaiz that is an amazing weight gain! There must be no probs with your milk! What a help to have a good feeder! I put Sasha onto a bottle when she was about 5 days old. Just a avent one, she took to it really well. She does suck in a bit of air though.

I have to give her top-ups as my milk supply is quite low. So I express during the day and give her that after a boob feed. Also I give her formula if there isn't enough EBM.

Mikki, Sasha had jaundice, and was very sleepy the first week. I had to wake her 3 hourly too, I used to get her up and change her nappy and tickle her feet to get her to wake. She also used to fall asleep on the boob all the time, that is why I had to introduce the top-ups to flush the jaundice out. She is now almost 3 weeks and a much better feeder.

Taylah, looks lovely in the pic, it's great that your milk has come in.

Any news from Hollie? I hope Caroline has come through her operations and is healing now.

I better run and get the girls to creche..

susieq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susieq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2008 at 10:17am
She is cute Mikki
You w=guys will have to make the transition now to the March April 2008 babies in the first or second babies thread
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 85868788>