FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedClose Up - compost nappies

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Close Up - compost nappies
    Posted: 02 August 2007 at 10:01pm
Did anyone else see the story about being able to compost disposible nappies, pads and adult nappies?? At least something is being done about them now. Will be interesting to see if she does actually get it up and running for good.
I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
Sponsored Links

Faraway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faraway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2007 at 9:43am
Yeah I heard a little bit about this - it would be good! Even using cloth nappies we are finding we use the odd disposable (usually when night nappies aren't quite dry yet and don't want to use dryer! ) so would be good to know they're not just getting landfilled. Question though - I know you're meant to tip "solids" into toilet but how many people actually do this? (none that I know of!)
Bubbaloo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bubbaloo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2007 at 9:55am
I don't know any one that uses disposables that get rid of it's contents either.

Edited by Danni-chick

Was danni-chick

Mum to James

My Angel 28/07/08
SJD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SJD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2007 at 11:33am
I try to use liners in our disposables for those times in the day when I expect a pooy nappy and then can easily flush the contents. Otherwise I do try if its solid enough - gosh I hope no one is eating their lunch while reading this...

I find it just helps keeps the smell down a bit.
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2007 at 7:33pm
When Andrew was in nappies I tipped the solid waste down the toilet, once they were really solid it was easy.
I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2007 at 7:41pm
missed it, sounds interesting thought.

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
 Post Reply Post Reply