FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBaby Einstein/Brainy Baby

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Faraway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faraway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Baby Einstein/Brainy Baby
    Posted: 09 August 2007 at 1:54pm
My aunty emailed me this article so put on here FYI.

Parents tricked by Baby Einstein
Sponsored Links

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2007 at 3:45pm
I never really thought Baby Einstein did much, but my kids loved the videos. and although they say in that article that they may do more harm than good, the animal video gave Jake an interest in animals and as such, he knows a really wide variety trhat i think just looking at the pictures wouldn't have held his interest as much
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2007 at 7:01pm
To be honest it doesn't surprise me...i think overall a lot of parents do tend to buy too much into all the "developmental" products out there that are meant to turn our kids into the next genius. I think it's just a case of using common sense and seeing what you kid is into...

Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2007 at 9:59pm
i dont see much point in the dvds but like the music appreciation factor of the cds...and have a few brainy baby toys and Ella loves them already....will they teach her???? who knows - but Im not relying solely on them anyways unlike some people who plonk kids in front of a einstein dvd and expect them to learn just from that do im sure...

the brainy baby toys are very cool....
Faraway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faraway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2007 at 9:02am
We bought the dvd pack and have actually only put a couple on for Kaleb (didn't use before he was 3.5 months). We have sat there with him and talked about what's on screen and while parts of them he's interested (i.e staring at screen or cooing too) for the majority he's not really keen - I think for him they're kind of like his mobile (he loves the classical music)so they go off half way through. Definitely wouldn't use as a babysitting tool like my SIL used to but hey suppose its better than having them 'watch' other tv.
 Post Reply Post Reply