FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSpicing up the Baby Dancing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
emachan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spicing up the Baby Dancing
    Posted: 02 October 2007 at 8:59pm
Random subject title I know, but I want to know (you don't HAVE to share intimate details or whatever but...) you know how after a few months of trying for a baby, BDing sometimes (for me at least) a bit *mechanical* or some other word like that!

Anyways - people are always saying, just forget about it and you will get pg, but I CAN'T! I KNOW when I ovulate each month and when my next AF is due.... how can I relax and just DO IT and enjoy making love rather than just BDing! Don't get me wrong, we do have intimate moments but when it comes down to the crunch - we are making love to make a baby! But poor DH sometimes feels the pressure himself and I DON'T want him to - I want him to forget about it as well.

Has anyone got any spicy ideas (obviously this site is moderated to a certain degree but you know....!) of how to change BDing into making love again (while still BDing! if you know what I mean!?)

thanks in advance!
emma

DD#1 Sept 08
DD#2 Oct 09
Sponsored Links

Brenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2007 at 9:04pm
I got given a booklet of 'vouchers' at my hens night! I think you can get them from places like Bras n Things - have fun!
My beautiful 2 girls...nearly 4 and 13 months
fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2007 at 9:08pm
and I'm selling shagvent calenders, they ROCK *ahem* We are doing them for a fundraiser for marlborough parents centre, a few off here have bought them. check out www.shagvent.com and flick me a pm if you are interested.
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
MummyFreckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2007 at 9:16pm

It seems like a long time ago now that we were "trying".....but yeah I was starting to feel the same way a little bit (all a bit mechanical!). One of the things that I found helpful was not limiting "it" to the bedroom or to nighttime. Sat / Sun morning lazy lie-ins with the paper and coffee, spur of the moment "cuddles" when you least expect them....and the other favourite "the quickie"!

Hope thats not TMI!! Good Luck!

Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2007 at 9:37pm
Yep I agree with SimSam, spurr of the mommet is always good!. Just do somethihng like.....When he is in the shower sneak in too, or just jump him while hes watching tv or something wearing something to "Catch his eye" Hope that helps!! hehe

Edited by Sheza

kezplanet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kezplanet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2007 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by SimSam SimSam wrote:

Sat / Sun morning lazy lie-ins with the paper and coffee, spur of the moment "cuddles" when you least expect them....and the other favourite "the quickie"!

Hope thats not TMI!! Good Luck!

HAhaha - Sorry have to laugh only because its soooo sad, I had almost forgotten what a Sat/sun morn lazy lie in with a paper & coffee was. Now its is only the spur of the moment 'cuddles' when we least expect them and it usually ends up being a quickie   lol
I hope you find something that makes it more fun for you both so it doesn't seem like a chore. Maybe try dressing up for dh & doing a stripteeze show for him?? sorry not much help. Good luck
Kerryn, Mum to
Ashlyn(29/3/04), Anastasia(1/11/05) & Abigail (24/02/09)
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2007 at 8:10am
i remember only too well hubby saying to me how he didnt want to do it anymore cause it felt like a chore.

what i found helpful was to seduce him and be romantic at other times not just when i knew it could make a baby. and somtimes tho you do have to stop. maybe one day dont have sex when you think it is the right time. feeling like you have to takes the fun out...maybe lose the thermometor (or whatever it is you use) for a month. and stop thinking that you are only having sex to make a baby, cause at the end of the day people do still have sex when that isnt the desired result.
emachan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2007 at 9:30am
Thanks so far for all the *ideas* Without going into too much detail last night DH and I were BD and my brother (who lives with us) came home from work and upstairs to the spare room to get my laptop when we were doing it! We felt like we were naughty kids who'd almost been caught by our mum or dad or something! kinda funny - lucky my brother didn't come in - I think he knew something may've been happening with our door almost shut completely!

DD#1 Sept 08
DD#2 Oct 09
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2007 at 10:33am
The gremlins were conceived on the spare bed in my office We were very much the same as you Emachan after 12 months of TTC BDing had become a chore, almost to the point of "do we have to?" "yeah, it's the right time of the month" *groan*

But after the miscarriage we were taking things a little less seriously coz I was in a weird head space, and one evening when I was working Willie came into the office and sat on the spare bed and started talking to me and then one thing led to another and there we were on the spare bed with the curtains wide open for all the world to see. Thank God for the big row of trees in front of our house! It was nice that it was so spontaneous, and I knew I wasn't ovulating till the next day so I didn't feel pressured to 'do it', I was thinking I should hold out till the next day.

The next day my friend's little boy passed away so we didn't BD, and two weeks later hello BFP!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Helen21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helen21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2007 at 11:39am
Although it hasn't become too much of a chore for us yet I think maybe it helps that I've stopped talking to him about my cycles so he never really knows if I want it "just cause" or because it's the right time of my cycle. Sometimes I will text him something a little bit naughty while he's at work (the kids go to bed a bit early on those nights! ).
Making the effort to light a few candles and giving each other a massage before bed always seems to work too.
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2007 at 8:49pm
We were exactly like that too. After 5 years of trying it definitley becomes a chore!!!!
Anyway we had decided that it was going to be our last month of fun before we got DH tested and were determined to make it relaxed.

In the end we have worked out that my DD was concieved outdoors when things got a little too adventurous on a nature walk

I think the best thing to do is just have fun and try to remember the times when you first started doing IT.   The days when you could hardly keep your hands off each other

Sorry TMI (I can't believe I actually wrote that) How embarrasing

Edited by Sterryn

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2007 at 9:09pm
We like to hang together and just enjoy each other's company and let things lead on, but not every time either. I don't know if you are abstaining from alcohol, but wine and crackers and choccies are great
bumblefoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumblefoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2007 at 2:11am

Ok, so a little more honest than I thought I would ever be to 'strangers' ehem, but what the hey, I feel like I know y'all well enough by now.

We were finding the same problem, it felt like we were just going thru the motions as it were, and almost doing it out of obligation due to the whole 'got to be in to win, no BD, no chance this month...' type thing.

So I stopped telling him about my cycles, and if I had to temp I'd do it in the bathroom so he wouldn't see. Emails and txt messages of a 'sensitive' nature helped with the anticipation, and I have to agree with the above comment on the outdoors, and the potentially getting caught. Outdoors rocks, especially in a thin tent with other campers about! And as for getting caught, we 'ehemed' once at my parents place while on holiday, and we both knew they were pretty light sleepers, so that had a real element of danger to it.

I think what has helped is just being spontaneous, and still sensual. So touching, and sensual foreplay certainly help to bring back that 'first date' feeling where you couldn't keep your hands off him.

And if you can bear it, maybe stop charting, temping, counting for a month and see how you go, just whenever the whim takes you. Anytime, not just potential baby time.

Sorry if this has been TMI, but just thought it was a pretty important issue I had to put my 2cents worth in, for what its worth.

Best of luck, and by the by, those calendars are apparently REALLY worth it!

Helen21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helen21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2007 at 2:09pm
Not that this has too much to do with it but both my girls were concieved on the night of a 21st party after lots of drink then going back to stay at parents place, in my childhood bedroom while my parent were in the house!!! It all sounds so so very wrong! ....However we are going down to Picton to stay with my parents in a couple of weeks(around the time I ov) no 21st's on though.
fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2007 at 2:38pm
its my wedding then, tho...
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
Helen21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helen21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2007 at 3:28pm
Oooh how exciting if I didn't move up here I wanted to get married at montana, it's just so pretty there. Or I wanted to get married at the founder chapel in nelson since it was born in Nelson. Where about are you having yours? I'll be going though to blenheim on the Saturday to take my Nana out for lunch I might see your wedding car!!
(this is so random but) Next time you go to Nelson you have to stop at Rai Valley and go to the brick oven(it sell country chicken now) there are photo's of my Family there because my Grandad baked the world's longest loaf there! Am I just way too proud?!
emachan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2007 at 8:31pm
for anyone else who's interested - the latest Cosmopolitan magazine has a 'range' of O-positions - to spice up the lovelife and encourage the big O! Was reading it on the plane back home today and tried a couple of the moves on DH this arvo!!!

DD#1 Sept 08
DD#2 Oct 09
emachan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2007 at 8:33pm
oh - also talking about taking the BDing out of the bedroom - DH and I did it in a little remote beachside cave once when we went on holiday! Was rather romantic and Caveman like!

DD#1 Sept 08
DD#2 Oct 09
Helen21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helen21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2007 at 10:36am
Good on you Emma! Thats a little more adventure than I would be brave enough for. Hopefully the change of scenery has made this your lucky month!

Chloe 12/7/03
Miya 5/11/05
chonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2007 at 12:51pm
hiladies, i thought i would pop in and say hi.

We are patiently ttc but stil with no avail. DH isn't really interested in sex and only seems to want to if he knows i'm ovulating or it's the right time etc. i would appreciate some suggestions too please.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>