FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedContraception while breastfeeding

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Contraception while breastfeeding
    Posted: 19 August 2011 at 7:21pm
What ones are safe to use? I cant go on the pill so is it just the IUD or are there other opitions.

Im booked in at the doctors to ask in a few weeks but want to gather so info before going.

Thanks
Sponsored Links

Nothing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2011 at 7:27pm
IUD or condoms or abstenance!

_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2011 at 7:30pm
Not really many opitions really.

Definitely no more babies coming from me so i need something that works lol.

Think DP would have a heart attach if i mention the word abstenance lol
Jaune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2011 at 7:52pm
I think you can go on the mini pill...

Sorry...probably should've read your question properly to start with!

Edited by Jaune

Kalimirella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalimirella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2011 at 8:30pm
Or if its a definite no more kids (and depending on DPs age) you could mention.... "the snip"!
Kiara is 3 and Teagan is 2, now we're expecting our long awaited 3rd!
High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2011 at 10:23pm
Depo... Pretty much 100% providing you get jabbed on time!

Umm the mini pill is safe for BFing but you've expressed you don't want to go on it. I have been tossing up the normal pill as it's now safe for me to take but I can't take the normal funded one, I have to get this expensive one because I suffer migraines

Depo was 100% effective for us though. I'm not on anything atm. But my body doesn't seem to be doing anything yet either.
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2011 at 7:25am
Im not allowed back on the pill due so thats no go.

Is the Depo safe while BFing??? I didnt know that.

DP is to young to get the snip he is only 24 so thats also a no go.
InthemiddleMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InthemiddleMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2011 at 7:28pm
Depo has the same hormone as the mini pill just 1 hormone.

Tradition pill is combined pill of 3 hormones

I was on the mini pill from 4wks after DD2 was born and didnt affect b.milk feed her till 9months when I had to stop to go on another medication for varicous veins which you cant take whilst pregnant/feeding. Then I went on standard pill.

I have seen a new pill safe to take whilst pregnant advertised in either little treasures or littlies magazine just cant tell you the name at the moment.

Maybe check with GP or local family planning might have more up to date knowledge than MW?

Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2011 at 7:36pm
I'm depo'd up as well. You can also use a nuva-ring or the implanon thingies.
pudgy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pudgy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2011 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by 
<br />
<br />I have seen a new pill safe to take whilst pregnant advertised in either little treasures or littlies magazine just cant tell you the name at 
<br />
<br />[/QUOTE

I have seen a new pill safe to take whilst pregnant advertised in either little treasures or littlies magazine just cant tell you the name at

[/QUOTE wrote:

I would think it'd be a bit late to take contraceptives whilst pregnant

Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2011 at 8:42am
OMG SMS your baby is only 6 weeks old! Doesn't DP know that sex can,t resume for, erm, 6 months?!
I can't believe you're considering having sex already lol. I reluctantly agreed once Scarlett was 6 months old hehehe cos I'm also terrified of getting pg again! oh and always knackered lol

Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2011 at 8:43am
Oh and we use condoms. Not taking drugs while I'm BF if I can avoid it (plus I'm crap at remembering pills!)

_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2011 at 9:37am
Pfffft im not considering it Emmecat. He is considering it. And i dont want any woopsies lol

Arhhhhhhh being a woman is hard.
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2011 at 10:41am
We've found DD effective contraceptive all by herself I'm on the mini pill we want to TTC for #2 soon if I wasn't wanting anymore babies I'd be going for the IUD I like that once its in I can forget about it.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
fire_engine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fire_engine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2011 at 11:02am
Just to clarify - is it the pill you can't take, or the mini-pill?

If you can take the mini-pill, Jadelle (the implant) is also an option. That's what I'll do once I get round to it.
Mum to two wee boys
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2011 at 11:15am
I cant take any pill because they both give me severe migraines so its just not worth it.

I was doing some research on the Jadelle earlier. Has anyone else got this?? Ive heard more negativity than positive stories from people being on it
Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2011 at 3:13pm
I had it ages ago (pre-baby) not sure if it makes a difference hormone wise afterwards. Was fine for me. Was going to get it this time around but i could get depo right then and there and would have to come back for the rods later. You can have them taken out if they cause a problem.
InthemiddleMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InthemiddleMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2011 at 3:33pm
lol

Typo

I have seen a new pill safe to take whilst pregnant advertised in either little treasures or littlies magazine just cant tell you the name at

[/QUOTE wrote:

I meant whilst breastfeeding TYPO BLONDE MOMENT
CrazyCass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyCass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2011 at 11:39am
Just to jump on this 'band wagon' - how soon after birth can you get an IUD put in?

Also what is the age for DH to get the snip? We're only planning on this one baby, but have allowed ourselves a year after the birth to make up our minds, and I'd much rather DH got the snip rather than me having to put more stuff into my body..

I can't take the pill cause I'd always forget!

Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2011 at 11:53am
I got my copper iud at 6 weeks post partum.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>