FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHow often to BD?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
MelandBri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MelandBri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How often to BD?
    Posted: 10 August 2007 at 2:13pm
I'm sure this question had come up plenty of times.
Also I know there are so many different opinions on what is right and whats not. What have you been told about how often you should BD? I was planning of BDing every night right from when AF finishes, if DH can keep up
But now I've read its not such a good thing every night as the sperm won't have enough time to build up again.
I am so confused about this subject.
Do you think its too much to be expecting to be able to do it every night?
Is it true that we are most fertile a few days before and a few days after ovulation?
Sponsored Links

caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 2:20pm
I wish I could get DF to BD everynight . Ovulation is usually 8-10 days after end of AF which is when you are most fertile and this can last 2-3 days I think. (Someone will correct me). So rather than go like rabbits for the 3 weeks between AF, you can BD when ever you feel like it.

Also your DH will respond to you more when you are at your most fertile, watch you will notice around ovulation you will get increased libido - at least thats what I do.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
MelandBri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MelandBri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 3:12pm
I have actually noticed an increase in libido, but until now hadn't realised it was around ovulation time.
My DH would BD every night of every month if I would let him
Bel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 3:36pm
Not too worry, I am 6 months pregnant and DH thinks he can still get some everyday!! and often does

I had heard that there was a window that was best to BD in, but not sure exactly when that is...
Mum to two beautiful kids   
Luke (09.11.2007)
Amy (01.04.2009)
Millie1976 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millie1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 4:18pm
I was told by my GP to BD every second day starting from day 8 of your cycle through till day 21. This worked for me with my first baby - all the very best for you TTC.
Sebastien 2 years old
Olivier 3 3/4 years old
emachan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by Bel Bel wrote:

Not too worry, I am 6 months pregnant and DH thinks he can still get some everyday!! and often does

I had heard that there was a window that was best to BD in, but not sure exactly when that is...

lol - men will be men won't they!

Edited by emachan

DD#1 Sept 08
DD#2 Oct 09
MelandBri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MelandBri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 6:09pm
Every second day from day 8 to 21 sounds really good to me. It kind of makes sense every second day as sperm lives for about 2 days anyway, doesn't it?
TraceyA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TraceyA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2008 at 9:08pm
Hiya girls
I've just done a search for this thread hoping that someone had made one in the past so I could revive it.

I've noticed that most of you girls who have responded are all preggos or have just had a baby, so my question is, did you BD once every second day from around day 8 of your cycle or did you do it more often? Did your DH's also refrain from solo entertainment () on those other days and what about before? My DH has read some where (he says) that it's recommended to flush out the sperm every day so that you always have the freshest and strongest in the bag, but I'm freaked that he is just thinning the herd.

So every other day from day 8, every day from day 8, twice or thrice or more times a day from day 8? what is your method?
TTC #2
yummymummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yummymummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2008 at 1:12am
Every other day once AF is officially over has worked like a charm for us. No solo entertainment in between or at least the topic has never come up

ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2008 at 8:27am
i knew i oved on day 8/9 so we did it every second day(day 6,8,9,10,11,13,15) and then every day 8/9/10/11 .. although i have heard every day is fine if he has a fine sperm count i thought every second day would be better but wanted to cover our bases....worked great twice for us..
Mum to two amazing boys!
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2008 at 8:48am
We did every second day from around 4 days after AF finished. Worked for us

TraceyA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TraceyA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2008 at 10:19am
Your all wonderful, I shall start tonight. I want to keep things romantic and exciting this week so I'm trying to think of a list of about 7 ways to seduce DH this week.
TTC #2
FionaO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2008 at 7:30pm
Ok, another quick question on this, roughly how many times in a cycle would you BD, I am trying for every other day from CD9, I have a slightly longer cycle and still finding it hard to pin point ov.

DH and I have similar drives when it comes to this and every other day is plenty, does it need to be more?

MelandBri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MelandBri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2008 at 9:23am
We tried to BD every day from Day 8. But it ended up being Days 8,9,10,11,13,15 as DH got too exhausted lol
I wasn't sure what day I ovulated so I think we BD day 16 and maybe 18 also as I really didn't want to miss it.

fifi101 if your not sure of ovulation I say every second day from CD9 would be fine.
almostthere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote almostthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2008 at 4:14pm
hey question for you knowledgable ladies: Is it an issue or are there issues related to TTC and BD'ing every night?
TraceyA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TraceyA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2008 at 4:20pm
I got a positive OPK yesturday, we BD this morning, when I tested with the OPK again this morning I got 2 lines, strong control and fainter positive and I'm not sure if the strength of the line is important, any way, who thinks we should BD again tonight or do we think tomorrow morning would be ok/better?
TTC #2
Chickoin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chickoin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2008 at 7:04pm
Almostthere, I think BDing every second night is supposed to help because it builds up the sperm storage? For some people, everynight sorta weakens the sperm, like they're just developing and then they're released!
I could be wrong though, ask me in 2 weeks if every 2nd night works hehe
We tend to change our BD pattern every cycle anyway.
almostthere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote almostthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2008 at 10:52pm
Hmm, ok. i cam understnad that.. i just wondered if it was really bad to bd every night.. good to know!!
alexbabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexbabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2008 at 9:04pm
my opinion-everynight might not be such a good thing. I heard that when u are ovulating it is best to not BD 3days before ovulation, so that you get fresh sperm with a fresh egg and not risk having sperm from a previous BD mix with a new egg.
TraceyA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TraceyA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2008 at 10:02am
Alexbabe, if your DH/DP has a good sperm count then BDing everyday closer to when you ovulate is ok. I've never heard that having sperm from previous BD is a bad thing, in fact quite the opposite, the reason you BD every second day leading up to ovulation is so that you can increase the chances of sperm meeting egg, the more sperm in there and the longer they have had to swim to meet the egg, the better. Sperm only live for about 72 hours (3 days). Starting to BD several days before ovulation means that if you ovulate a little early then you have sperm ready to meet the egg, if they are not viable sperm they wont make it far enough or survive in general to reach the egg. Every second day means that you give the boys time to reload with a nice big batch ready for the next shot. If you have a high sperm count then you can BD everyday I'm told.

If Dh is having a little trouble shooting every time, you may want to try not abstaining. My DH finds it much easier if he does it on a regular basis - or that's what he tells me anyway
TTC #2
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>