FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHPT Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MelandBri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MelandBri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HPT Question
    Posted: 31 August 2007 at 7:44am
Has anyone had a test that had come up positive After the time frame and its actually been Positive?

I bought some MDS Quickcard HPT's. Has anyone used these?
It says on the instructions that a positive would show up after 60 seconds and final reading at 5 mins. Anything after 5 mins should be regarded as a negative result.

Well the first one I done yesterday, I waited about 2 mins and nothing, then walked away. I got distracted and didn't go back to look until about 10 mins or more. When i looked there was a very faint positive.

Second test I done this morning FMU, I waited 5 mins and nothing happened. After 8 mins a very faint line started to show up again.

Do you think both of these are false positives because I left it so long? Also, if it was going to be a positive, shouldn't it come up straight away?

Edited by MelandBri
Sponsored Links

mum2emj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2emj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2007 at 7:53am
hmm- i havent used those tests before, but i just dont get how a positive can show up after the time if there is no hcg present in the urine? that confuses me! i do know that you shouldnt read the tests after the allocated time though, so you dont get a false test result.
with the test i did the other night, it took quite a while for the positive to show but it did show within the allocated time and you can still see it.
its hard, but i would wait and test again tomorrow or the next day, to see if you do have hcg in your urine it gets stonger?
argh!!
all the best mel- i have my fingers crossed for a positive result for you xxoo
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2007 at 8:31am
8 mins isn't very long, try again tomorrow or the next day with fingers crossed! My mum always had to leave her tests to fully develop... I did one a couple of months back (different brand though) and left it to see what would happen. It turned faintly positive at about 24 hours, but I definitely wasn't pg.
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2007 at 8:04pm
Im in the same boat Mel! I did a test last night and left it for the 2mins checked it and it was neg. But then I forgot about it and I looked at it just now and theres a VERY faint positive there....soooo Im confused now..eeekk
How can there be a faint line when you have to have Hcg in ur urine for i + result?
I did another test tonight and its a bfn so Im so confused now. Theres definitly a second line on this other test...

Edited by Sheza

Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2007 at 9:12pm
Same thing happened to me and I was pregnant but I had to wait a good 3 or 4 days before I got a really good one. You could always go to the drs and get a blood test.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2007 at 9:41pm
Im just worried mine was an evaperation Line, buhh so confusing lol, this hasnt happened b4, usually there is still nothing there the next day.

MelandBri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MelandBri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2007 at 10:21pm
ooooh Sheza Good luck, its so confusing isn't it. I have been so stressed since yesterday because of it, and I was so sure it wasnt going to happen again, until it did today.
I'm going to test again tomorrow, I can't help myself.
I thought they might be evap lines too, but the lines are definitely pink
I'm so scared AF is going to turn up, at least I've gotten today without. AF is due between today and Sunday, as my cycle is 26-28 days.

Edited by MelandBri

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2007 at 10:39pm
Goodluck Mel!!, Id say your more likly to be pregnant than me seems as my line is 24 hours after I did it, but I havent given up hope just yet

mum2emj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2emj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2007 at 6:26am
goodluck to you both
yummymummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yummymummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2007 at 6:57am
Good luck - hope you get some BFPs

minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2007 at 7:54am
I did a QuickCard test on Thursday and it came up as a positive within the timeframe....but had bloods done yesterday and they are VERY much a negative (<2). I wonder if there's a faulty batch of QuickCard tests???
mum2emj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2emj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2007 at 8:33am
oh no, sorry kate
MelandBri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MelandBri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2007 at 9:20am
I think I can safely say I have a BFP. Done 2 more tests this morning, first one was ver faint and DH couldn't even see the line. Then I done another 1 and it definitely come up positive before the 5 mins. I showed DH and said "you can see it now can't you"

I won't feel happy though until about monday, then AF will be late. And I'll feel its more real
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2007 at 10:48am

I have used those ones with both my pregnancies. With Josh I left it too long and had a positive test (and didn't really beleive it) so did it again and read the instructions and got a positive test.

But congrats i'm sure its a BFP for you.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
MelandBri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MelandBri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2007 at 1:22pm
I need to go get early bloods done anyone, since I'm on medication. So I'll go see my Dr on Tuesday and confirm it all then
Of course I'll do another couple of HPT's before then, have to use them up
mum2emj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2emj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2007 at 2:11pm
woohoo!!! congrats
yummymummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yummymummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2007 at 9:43pm
Huge congrats!

minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2007 at 7:09am
Congratulations Mel!!
ezza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ezza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2007 at 11:57am
Just saw this!
CONGRATS!
 Post Reply Post Reply