FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHave I got PND?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lissy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Have I got PND?
    Posted: 12 September 2007 at 6:05pm

Not sure whether or not but I know some of you girls can help me.

I am so tired.  Since Harlan had bronculitis ( a month and a bit ago) he has not slept during the night fully.  Waking like at 2.15am, then going back to sleep for a while, then waking again etc....

The reason I ask this question is anything he does that is great I smile, but have lots of tears, and even tonight when Jerry Collins (All Blacks) made me laugh I started crying.  I am feeling very teary as I type this letter.

Need anymore info to help me, please ask! 

Harlan Drew DOB: 06.12.06 & Stepmum to Ethan & Christian, DOB: 25.02.99
Sponsored Links

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2007 at 7:22pm
I'm not qualified to say, you might just be exhausted but I would talk to your Dr if I was you. Hope you get some sleep tonight.

Handmade Jewellery

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2007 at 9:44pm
I'm inclined to put it down to exhaustion too, but I guess it would never hurt to ask your Dr when Harlan next gets a check-up? Or next week if you're really worried? Have you got your period back yet, it might be hormonal and exhaustion
Lissy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2007 at 7:12am

I am taking Harlan back to the Dr today for a checkup.  Ummm bloody periods..  I got this back two months ago, and totally HATE it.  I will have a talk with the Dr today as well and see what he can do.  I had been on anti depressants previously, and went off them when Harlan was born,.  If I can help it I would prefer not to go back on them.

Will keep you posted...

Glow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2007 at 7:52am

PND- the warning signs & symptoms
*Feeling numb, empty sad & tearful a lot of the time
*Losing interest in the things you used to enjoy
*Difficulty bonding with your baby
*Finding yourself utterly exhausted yet unable to sleep or sleeping to much
*Having no appetite or interest in food. Or overeating
*Being unable to cope: feeling that you have to little time, are doing nothing well are unable to establish a routine
*Extreme mood swings, irritable & angry usually at the father of the baby
*Acute anxiety & feeling "driven", unable to rest while the baby is
*Panic attacks (racing heart, perspiring, feeling of terror)which may come on without warning
*Loosing interest in sex & general loss of confidence & self esteem
*Becoming forgetful & loss of concentration
*A fear of being alone or fear of being with others
*Feeling life is meaningless & having obsessive, negative or morbid thoughts
*Fears of harming others or your baby

15% of women experience it. The sooner its diagnosed the easier it is to treat- usually with a combination of anti-depressant meds & therapy
Mummy of Two Boys
B: 2004
K: 2007

my2angels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my2angels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2007 at 1:15pm
How did you go lissy? You know where i am if you want to talk, just pop over for coffee before picking up the boys, Im pretty much always home
Lissy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2007 at 8:52pm

Thank you sooooo much Glow this will help me.  

I went to the Dr today and she said I may be exhausted.  I am to try the sleeping programme with Harlan, then after about 3 days if no better go back to the Dr and have a talk with her about all the signs etc.....

i will keep you all posted....

Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2007 at 9:00pm
Lissy *sleep vibes* to Harlan
Lissy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2007 at 9:05pm

Originally posted by my2angels my2angels wrote:

How did you go lissy? You know where i am if you want to talk, just pop over for coffee before picking up the boys, Im pretty much always home

Thanks Robyn, might just take you up on that soon...

Post Reply Post Reply