FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSensitive Smell (Random Q)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VioletStar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VioletStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sensitive Smell (Random Q)
    Posted: 19 October 2007 at 5:06pm
Hey there,

Just a Q, when did everyone who's been pregnant notice the sensitivity to certain smells?

Did anyone notice it before the nausea set in?

Cheers :)
Sponsored Links

jaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2007 at 5:17pm
Yes, we had to get rid of the little toilet cleaner thingee that sits under the rim as soon as I conceived because it made me feel nauseous.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VioletStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2007 at 5:38pm
My friend noticed yesterday that when her man sat next to her with chips and dip, the dip smell was so strong compared to normal (she even smelt it again this morning and it was still the same and SHE normally eats it but just couldn't)... and today the smell from a Steak Sauce bottle a metre away from her was really strong too...

Lol I just HAD to ask you guys about this, she thinks shes going nuts

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VioletStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2007 at 5:39pm
NB: She doesn't know if she is pregnant, but is trying
peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2007 at 6:02pm
Yep most definately! I have not been able to wear perfume my whole pregnancy, tried to wear some the other day and it still makes me gag! Definately is a pregnancy symptom!!

I have had a sensitive smell since I conceived.

emachan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2007 at 6:42pm
I call it 'Dog-nose'!!!!!

DD#1 Sept 08
DD#2 Oct 09
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2007 at 7:09pm
I get that too, but sometimes at times in my cycle I get it for short periods also. Not everyone gets ms/nausea.
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2007 at 10:40pm
I got it well before I got the nausea. My big one was mince, with dinner, in pies etc. Still can't cook it, but can now eat it. I can't be around DH when he's cooking or eating a pie, and he has to have a drink or brush his teeth before he comes to give me a kiss after eating mince
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2007 at 11:53pm
Yep i had that too, but i am also glad you mentioned it teresa - I too get nausea/strong sense of smell and hot flushes coming up to AF - same symptoms i get when preg - makes me nervous every time.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

bumblefoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumblefoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2007 at 6:47am

I too get this around AF time, but also had it last year before I had a MC. I couldn't stand the smell of meat, and DF's satay noodles that he would have for lunch would set off the morning sickness.

Good luck to your friend.

MelandBri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MelandBri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2007 at 12:17pm
oh yeah I have this really bad, and did last pregnancy too. Certain smells make me run for the loo. I think it started around 5-6 weeks
I have something in my pantry cupboard that makes me dry retch every time I smell it, and I still can't figure out what it is
bumblefoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumblefoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2007 at 12:03am

LOL MelandBri, maybe you have a dead mouse in the wall behind the pantry? (no jokes, this happened to my Mum, she thought she was going mad!)

Everyone's different, but it is a pretty common symptom of pregnancy. Having said this, as I and others have said, it can be an AF thing.

Good luck to your friend, hope she gets the answer she wants...

Helen21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helen21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2007 at 10:11am
During my first pgy the smell of red meat cooking would make me gag, I could eat it as long as I didn't smell it while it was cooking. In my second pgy I couldn't stand the smell of pies, I couldn't even walk past a bakery without going green!

Chloe 12/7/03
Miya 5/11/05
Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2007 at 8:47pm

I get really sensitive to smells too with each preg. It defintely came on for me before any nausea or MS and has got worse for each pregnancy.

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
 Post Reply Post Reply