FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPlunket PND support groups

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Plunket PND support groups
    Posted: 12 November 2007 at 8:31pm
Has anyone used one and found it any good? The plunket in Whakatane were useless,...and didnt offer anything. Have looked up on the website and it says they run a group here in Gisborne.

Can anyone tell me what they do in a support group? Was it helpful etc?

TIA
Sponsored Links

Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2007 at 8:47pm

We dont have one down here which is pretty sucky. I hope that one in Gisborne is good tho.

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2007 at 8:49pm
Yeah maybe I should just ring them and see what its about. I rang up to get out notes transfered here, and they said they would send out a health visitor sometime before Isla next check up is due when she is 15months. Maybe I should get them to come sooner rather than later so I can ask about that too!
emmaohara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmaohara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2007 at 1:37pm
Hi Kel

Sarah who gave you the push trolley today is a clinical psycholist (sp?!!), who has a job at the hospital and is part of the plunket postnatal depression group, so she would be heaps of help for finding stuff out, do you want her number or for me to give her a ring with yours?

I'm seeing Linda ( Paft and pluknet nurse) tomorrow who runs the postnatal group so if you want me to get some details for you let me know.

Have a good arvo, its cold aye!!

Em

Edited by emmaohara

Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2007 at 6:12pm
Yeah it is freezing! Im seeing someone from PAFT on Fri ( so pleased they were able to transfer us to the one here), so I could ask them!
Would be cool if that Linda chick has some info, but I dont really want all my friends-to-be knowing Im loopy! Lol! Im just not really comfortable talking about it really,...but then I guess that talking would probably help,...and if others knew, it may explain some of my odd behaviours!!
Lissy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2007 at 6:36pm
Kellz, have you been to www.justbreathe.org.nz  This is a good site to have a look at too.
Harlan Drew DOB: 06.12.06 & Stepmum to Ethan & Christian, DOB: 25.02.99
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2007 at 6:59pm
Thanks for your help Emma, sorry my above post sounded a bit ungratful! Its been great meeting you

Thanks for that site Lissy, will take a look!
emmaohara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmaohara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2007 at 8:26pm

Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2007 at 8:06pm
*UPDATE* lol!

Well I rang plunket last week and asked what PND support they offer, and they were gonna get the lady that "has a special interest in PND" to ring me. They asked if it was urgent, and I said no (it wasnt). Well its been a week (almost)and I havent heard back.

Should I bug them again? Anyone know who else I could contact?
emmaohara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmaohara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2007 at 8:15pm
Gisborne is on Island time.... theres no hurrying anthing here girl, I'd harrass them, very slack service!

Post Reply Post Reply