FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOPK users

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
purpledragon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purpledragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OPK users
    Posted: 23 December 2007 at 8:47pm
Going to start using them to help determine with I O a bit better. As the temping and CM reading doesn't seem to be that accurate.
Just wondering what cd to start testing and what time of the day is best?
Thanks
Tania
Tania & Les
Nicholas 18
Vaughn 15
Lisa 10
Tara 5yrs

Gestational Surrogate for couple in Whakatane
Egg collection week of 4th Oct
Embryo transfer week of 11th Oct
Sponsored Links

emachan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2007 at 10:39pm
It depends on how long your cycle normally is.

If its a 28 day cycle, you should start testing on day 11, 29 day cycle: day 12, 30 day cycle:day 13 etc.

I wasn't sure exactly how long my cycles were when I started using them so I tested from day 11, but didnt see a definate ovulation surge until day 15/16.

You will generally see a slight fade in pattern as your LH surge approaches, but its only when both lines are as dark as each other, is when your LH surge has been caught and ovulation will occur in the next 12-36 hours!

DD#1 Sept 08
DD#2 Oct 09
Smartmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2007 at 9:18pm
I used these to determine when i was ovulating and found them very useful.... i found out i was ovulating at the 26 days and had a 39 day cycle, it took me 3 months to get pregnant after i started using them!! It took so long to work out the ovulation pattern.
 Post Reply Post Reply