FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked2nd time around

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
FionaS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2nd time around
    Posted: 06 January 2008 at 8:37pm
We're not actively TTC ATM but I am interested to know...when/how did you know you were pregnant 2nd time around? Was it just when you were late / got a positive test or was it earlier? I've heard HEAPS of people saying they knew a week before their period was even due!
Mummy to Gabrielle and Ashley
Sponsored Links

Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2008 at 8:40pm

Ooo Fiona you had me there I was thinking this was going to be one of those coming out threads lol.

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2008 at 8:40pm

Well I didn't keep track of AF and I felt that it had been quite a while since she had visited so guessed. Took a test and what do you know. I had no idea how far along I was.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2008 at 8:41pm

BTW havent ever ttc so never really had an idea I was Pregnant until AF didnt turn up.

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
FionaS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2008 at 8:42pm
Yeah LOL we've been talking about number 2 but I've paid no attention to my cycles what-so-ever so I have no idea how long they are! Whoopsy. I'm reluctant to "start TTC" as last time it took 24 very stressful months and I don't want to go there again.

Anyway, that is off-topic!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2008 at 8:49pm

Both of mine have been "oh well if we get pregnant we get pregnant" First one took 2 cycles and the second 1 night

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
FionaS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2008 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by mummy_becks mummy_becks wrote:

Both of mine have been "oh well if we get pregnant we get pregnant" First one took 2 cycles and the second 1 night

We'll be hoping for one of those ones then! Sounds really nice.
Mazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2008 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by mummy_becks mummy_becks wrote:

Exactly the same as us!

And to answer the original question, the second time around I didn't think I was pregnant until I was late by two days for my period (I'm pretty regular) but until I had several positive tests in my hand, I didn't believe it. Same as the first time - I think I'm just not that intuitive about being pregnant! I didn't even 'feel pregnant' with this pregnancy until much further on, about 15 weeks, which was a lot longer than my first.
Mum to two gorgeous girls!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2008 at 9:06pm

I aslo didn't believe the first positive test I got either.

Mazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2008 at 9:16pm
It's funny eh! I think because we'd just started 'not NOT trying' and it happened so fast, I was a bit shocked. Ah well, we are pretty lucky I guess. DH thinks he has super sperm!
Mum to two gorgeous girls!
yummymummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yummymummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 8:06am
I think I actually suspected more when I was pregnant with Gina than with this one. I did get the odd twinge etc but kept thinking no way, we had just gone into TTC mode that month, after I got af back, and I though it was going to be too good to be true to get pregnant first off. We were very lucky.
Good luck - hope it happens quickly for you

jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 9:00am
i didn't think i was preggy with jack until i had the BFP in my hand...that was even with AF 2wks late but i had no preggy 'symptoms' until i was 9-10wks with him anyway

with charli, i tested the day AF was due and got the BFP because one night we'd had a couple of drinks and i was quite sick the next day.......which also happened when i was preggy with jack, both times only a week after BDing! we got preggy the first night of trying with both kids, so are really fertile and extremely lucky!

Jennz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 9:10am
Haha I didn't find out I was pregnant with Charlotte until I was 10 weeks! Not intuitive AT ALL. With Kate I was 1 day late and knew I must be pregnant as I am like clockwork- always always 12 days after o. Didn't suspect really before that as I didn't have any signs that I was aware if until a few weeks after that.
Jen, Charlotte 7 & Kate 3

.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 9:20am
With all my kids I think I suspected that I was before I got it confirmed. It probably sounds silly, but I just had the feeling I was, it wasn't a sick feeling it was just a "feeling/feeling" I guess I was more in tuned with my body with Nyah & Cooper.

Good luck.

Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

Millie1976 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millie1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 11:23am
With first pregnancy I was 1 week late and got the BFP and with this pregnancy I was a few days late. Took me 3 months to get pregnant both times.
Sebastien 2 years old
Olivier 3 3/4 years old
FionaS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 1:18pm
Oh well time will tell. I think we may have unknowingly timed things right on ovulation day and my lower abdo has been achey since yesterday and I feel kinda...umm...hormonal (I'm sensitive to hormone shifts) but it is probably nothing as I'm only about 8 or so DPO (but as I said as were not planning or trying I have no idea what my cycle length etc is). Somewhere between 26 and 29 days I think. I do know it is probably far too soon to get any symptoms though!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 1:34pm

Well fingers crossed for you Fiona Hopefully it is a good month for you  (thats if you want it to be a good month).

FionaS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 1:49pm
Don't mind really. We feel like we could be excited about it and ready for it anytime from now but I'll be 100% shocked if it happens first month when I'm not even tracking my cycles! It took 24 months of trying and 3 months of clomiphene for "unexplained" fertility problems last time.
 Post Reply Post Reply