FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWhen would you test?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: When would you test?
    Posted: 14 January 2008 at 9:32am
If you hadnt had the return of AF and you were not tyring not to get pregnant when would you decide to test? Do you wait till you have preggy symptoms (if ever) or do you pick a regular day and try then?
Sponsored Links

fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 9:53am
Iwould test just anyday, then 2 weeks after. However, if you are BF (can't remember if you are?) and seeing Thomas is almost 5 months, and AF hasn't returned, I wouldn't think you are pregnant, I would just imagine that the BF hormines are still keeping AF at bay. However, I could be wrong!
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 10:03am
i guess its a hard one as you will only know after the fact (getting AF) I know two people who got pregnant before they got their periods whilst exclusively BFing...both didn't think you could:) !
Mum to two amazing boys!
peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 2:59pm
I'm pretty sure I am not but one of the girls in my antenatal has just fallen pregnant with a 5 month old and no AF so it got me thinking, how would you know?

I did do a test the other day as I had had a few days of feeling pretty rotten. It was BFN which I expected and the rotten feeling is a whole other story.

I am still BFing, but now that Tom has started sleeping longer at night and we are on solids I know that BF becomes unreliable as a contraceptive method and I am sure the other day I had the egg whitey CM like I used to when I ovulated (been a long time). Oh well, I figure if that is the case I should be due my AF next week so I might wait till beginning of Feb and do a test to be sure. Maybe every month or 2 could be an idea.
Smartmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 8:03pm
I am under the understanding that with BF it has to be totally exclusive for there to be any contraception method, ie: No food or dummies for bubs......
My Af didnt return till 6 months after finishing BF....but then i didnt get pregnant in that time either, i would wait to see what the EW might bring in about 2 weeks, if nothing has happened by then i would test.
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 8:41pm
After Kryssi, I got mine back at 6mos - and then wished it had never returned! But I had done about 4 tests in that time too lol. I told myself I would only test again if I grew a tummy size but I didn't stick to that!
MILF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MILF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 9:29pm
i still havnt had mine back. i will only test if i get sore boobs or a really bad pot gut! (ok, scratch that on the pot gut, will stick with the sore boobs lol)
Lyla - mum to

Xanthe - my big 4 year old
and
Jordis - 1 year old
fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 9:56pm
Charly is 11 months today, and I haven't had one. Have tested once, though!
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
 Post Reply Post Reply