FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBreakthrough bleeding?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TraceyA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TraceyA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Breakthrough bleeding?
    Posted: 16 January 2008 at 12:32pm
I haven't experienced this myself, but I have heard about it and wondered if anyone had actually experienced it. Apparently it is something that can happen when you become pregnant, on and around your due AF date you will bleed and can mistake it for a period. I'm not sure about anything else regarding it, is it as long as a normal period, do you bleed as much? Anyone had any experience with this one?
TTC #2
Sponsored Links

Andi_C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andi_C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2008 at 12:34pm
Are you serious? So it really is still worth testing even if AF arrives on time, just in case?
FionaS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2008 at 2:51pm
I had some very light spotting on the day AF was due with Elle but it was definately different from a period. I've heard some people bleed a lot, or even have periods right through their pregnancy but it is pretty rare.

Implantation bleeding happens on or around the day you expect your period and is generally very light i.e. no pad required.
Mummy to Gabrielle and Ashley
Nic01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nic01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2008 at 3:45pm
I had it with my first pregnancy. It only lasted about 2 or 3 days & was very very light. I just thought it was my period being weird because that would have been the first one after I came off the pill, but turns out it was implantation bleeding.
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 8:10am
Yep its called Inplantation bleeding, and I had it with this pregnancy when I was around 4 or 5 weeks pregnant. It was pink once when I wiped and then was brown for a while afterwards then went away.
At first I thought I was having a miscarriage because my last pregnancy ended in m/c and started out with the pink spotting that turned to brown then gradually to heavy etc.
But this time it was inplantation spotting.

Edited by Sheza

Post Reply Post Reply