FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedcharting: what now

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Konagirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Konagirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: charting: what now
    Posted: 23 January 2008 at 7:05pm
Ok, so very sorry if this has been asked a million times, but I'm not sure what to do now.

We've been ttc since april, had a few months of being sure I was preg with loads of symptoms and the odd af a week late. The being sure I was preg has just happened again this month but I tested this morning and got the bfn. So after a bit of a chat with bf we've decided to start charting and I went out and brought a thermomater.

I had a read of the charting basics thread and had a look at Fertility Friend and I'm not sure about a few things, mainly, is it good? do any of you guys us it? do I have to pay for VIP membership and how much does it cost? Should I just print out some pages and do it that way given I may have to take it into a doc anyway.

Thankyou for all your help
Angel babies Mar '04, Oct '08 and Sep '09.
Sponsored Links

AngieBabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngieBabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2008 at 7:44pm
I use FF and find it a godsend - very easy. I have paid for the VIP (once my free trial was over) mainly cause I liked using the VIP message boards and the little extras, but it's by no means necessary. I think it costs about $NZ20 for 90 days. If you need to show your charts to your doc, you can print them out from FF.
Konagirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Konagirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2008 at 8:18pm
ok so I have set up an account. it seems all very complicated, way to make it all mechanical. depressing me right now
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2008 at 8:19pm
I got a very good idea of my cycles from FF without the VIP. Asked all my questions here! Print your charts out every month or two because beyond that they are not saved (probably are for VIPs but not for freebies)
Konagirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Konagirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2008 at 3:23pm
Thanks BellaBabysMum, was all disheartened about this last night. Started temping this morning and will see how it goes.
You guys are great
JadeC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JadeC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2008 at 9:30pm
Yep, I've used FF for 18 months now and never used VIP, and it was just fine!
Did you get a BBT (body basal thermometer) or just a regular one?
Konagirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Konagirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2008 at 7:31am
I got a BD Digital Thermometer with Accu-Beep feature which I think makes it a normal one. It's amusing me waking up at 7 and taking my temp.
JadeC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JadeC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2008 at 6:58pm
I thought it had to be a BBT to work for charting to work properly?
Konagirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Konagirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2008 at 8:30am
Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
JadeC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JadeC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2008 at 3:03pm
This is what I found on FF

How to take and record your BBT

It is important to use a special Basal Body Temperature thermometer rather than a fever thermometer. Both digital and mercury thermometers will be effective, however, we recommend using a digital BBT thermometer. A digital BBT thermometer will give a quicker reading, will beep when it is finished recording the temperature, and is easier to read. This can make a difference when you are bleary-eyed first thing in the morning. Both will store your reading, though it is best to enter your temperature in Fertility Friend or record it on your bedside notepad as soon as possible. It is best if you can establish a routine where you enter your data at the same time every day just to establish the habit so you will not forget. Missing data, especially temperature data can skew the interpretation of your chart. Make sure you are using a BBT thermometer. A fever thermometer or an ear thermometer will not be effective. You can find a BBT thermometer at most pharmacies. Fertility Friend accepts readings in both Fahrenheit and Celsius.
FF
alexbabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexbabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2008 at 11:57am
Im new to the whole charting thing and finding fertility friend rather confusing. Also is morning the best time to take a reading?
Konagirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Konagirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2008 at 1:29pm
I believe so, I have an alarm that goes off at 7am every morning.
emachan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2008 at 7:08pm
alexbabe - yup, the first thing you should do when you wake up is take your temp! Don't get up then take it, roll over in bed and whack it in your mouth! Make sure you've had at least 3 hours consecutive sleep beforehand and that you use a thermometer that has 2 decimal places for more accurate charting!
Good luck!

DD#1 Sept 08
DD#2 Oct 09
alexbabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexbabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2008 at 8:55pm
emachan- okay-i get up and then take a reading-did not know i am meant to take it before moving.

konagirl me getting up at 7 each morning is wishful thinking-i am meant to, but only get up at the last possible min and rush to get down
Rashika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rashika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2008 at 5:22am
I do exactly as the others say... fling out arm and grab thermometer, turn it on (important part!) and shove it in. I almost fall asleep before it beaps again to say its done. Then get up.
All this at 4.30am... consider yourself lucky its 7am for you!
Konagirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Konagirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2008 at 7:46am
I do the arm out from under the covers and grabbing it and chucking it in my mouth, seem to always manage to turn it on, but many times I've been woken up again trying to figure out what the beeping is.
Am lucky it isn't 4.30!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply