FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMother’s Day?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LittleBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mother’s Day?
    Posted: 23 April 2008 at 9:50am
Ok so I haven't actually had a miscarriage myself, so I don't really have a clue what things would be running through my head if I had. So I wanted some advice.

My daughter's godmother had a miscarriage not that long ago... her baby would have been due in September. Anyway I wanted to get her a Mother's Day card, just to let her know I'm thinking of her etc... but I don't know, do you think it's a good idea? She hasn't got any other kids or anything.

But I thought I could say thanks for being a Godmother, at the same time as remembering her little angel.

Any suggestions? Or is it a terrible idea... I don't want to upset her or anything.
Chloe (4 years) and Oliver (3 years).
Sponsored Links

Snickerdoodle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snickerdoodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2008 at 9:54am
I like the idea of Happy GodMother's Day card, so you could do that
But having suffered a miscarriage I know I would get upset at being "reminded" of the fact that I'm not actually a mother...
I think the thought is lovely, Janey, but if it were me I'd be sad.

Edited by Charly

peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2008 at 9:54am
Ooooo tough one isnt it? I know when you are preggy you want mothers day recognition but not sure after a MC! Maybe play it safe and do the Godmother thing!

Edited by nzpiper
rachelsea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2008 at 11:30am
Hmm yeah I don't want anyone to give me a mothers day card... I know my mum probably would give me one if I was still pregnant, but I hope no one does now that I'm not pregnant anymore!
It's a really nice idea, but personally I think it would upset me to get a mothers day card after my miscarriage.
I really really like the Godmothers Day card idea though!
DD 4yrs
DS 2yrs

my2angels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my2angels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2008 at 1:24pm
yeah i agree. maybe a thinking of you card would be more appropriate.
LittleBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2008 at 11:23am
Thanks for the advice, I don't want to upset her, just remind her that I really care... so think I will go with the Godmother's Day card idea.

Thanks ladies
Chloe (4 years) and Oliver (3 years).
emachan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2008 at 2:42pm
As the others said, the GodMothers card is a better choice - I know that when I miscarried last year, it was kinda upsetting for me when mothers day came, being reminded that I wasn't gonna be a mother then...

DD#1 Sept 08
DD#2 Oct 09
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2008 at 11:13am
yeha i agree..someone tried to do exactly that to me..i went off at them and didnt speak to them for months as i thought they were being horrible:( (i didnt really think about that she was trying to make me feel better)
Mum to two amazing boys!
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2008 at 12:47pm
I would go with the godmothers day card but not a mothers day card.
If it was me I would get upset cos Im getting a mothers day card and Im not a mother...ya know?

A better option would be a "Thinking of you" card, just so she knows you are there for her at this difficult time, thats something that would make me smile.

Edited by Sheza

Post Reply Post Reply