FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedToileting help please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Toileting help please
    Posted: 08 May 2008 at 7:52pm
Okay so gabriel has been toilet trained for a while now but all of a sudden he thinks he doesnt need to wipe his bum...and sometimes he really stinks cause of it.

anyone had to deal with this before and got any tips to get him to start wiping again...?

Sponsored Links

mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 8:23pm

What about getting a packet of those Wiggles flushable wipes and getting him to do it with those and making it a special thing that he only gets to use???

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 10:18pm
Would it faze him to go back to being a baby?
Like if you said to him "Since you aren't a big boy who can wipe his own bum, mummy still has to do it just like a baby, like Eden"
I guess there's always the risk he'll embrace that and you'll get stuck doing it all the time though
Good luck!
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 3:30pm
I still have to wipe Hannah so I'm no help. I just don't trust her! haha

But I think Mel's suggestion is what I'd say too.

Good luck!
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 3:45pm
i spoke to the kindy today and they were really helpful. suggested a sticker chart and will do it at kindy too and asked what toy from kindy he would like to get if he gets so many stickers on his chart...

but i really liked the flushable wipes idea too...

Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2008 at 6:08am
those toddler wipes are nice and soft and the wetness should help remove bits? but a sticker chart is a good idea too. otherwise maybe get him to call for help for number twos? but leave him for the others?
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 2:38pm
grrr, going batty with this child. the sticker/reward chart isnt working at all. off to baby factory tomorrow for flushable wipes. and he's way too independent to call out for help.
some days i feel like i do nothing but deal with sh*t, literally!

ashton2003 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashton2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 3:50pm
oh poor you!!!
ashton was toilet trained at quite a young age, during the day and night.
over the past few months he has suddenly started wetting the bed adn we have no idea why!
we thought he may be too cold, but extra blankets dont work!
we have tried leaving him to wake himself up in the middle of the night to go, and tried waking him up in the night to go, but nothing is really working.
any ideas?
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 4:54pm
we dont have many night issues... the occasional wet bed is all. we do have a cut off for drinks at night tho. and i did ask gabriel if he thought he was ready before we did no nappy at nights. i think i might have just fluked it tho really.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashton2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 4:57pm
yeah i have a cut off for drinks at night too, he drinks quite a lot at day care so i only give him a little cup to drink with his dinner which is pretty early, nothing after that.
ashton was fine at night for about 2 years!
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2008 at 3:15pm
Ashton2003 - my Maya is doing the same thing atm! She was dry for over a year but now it's every bloody night, and I am sooo over it, but no idea what to do about it coz like you have tried waking her, restricting fluids etc. Seems she just genuinely doesn't wake up.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashton2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2008 at 3:42pm
ashton has been doing realy well now for just over a week. when he was staying with his dad last week he was dry all week, so took him out and bought him some lego as a reward. i've tried the same thing and he was ok but the last 2 nights he has been wet again! i feel really bad for him coz i told him i'll buy him a toy in the weekend if he stays dry all week, and when he woke up this morning wet he was really upset because he would miss out on his treat. now i feel really stink and want to buy him one anyway!!
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2008 at 4:03pm
I thought about trying rewards with Maya, but I don't think she has any control over the night wetting so she'd just get upset and disappointed like Ashton so I ruled that idea out.
Willie wants to put her back in Pull Ups at night, but I reckon that would just make her embarrassed too.

BTW Bizzy - meant to tell you, I was at a friend's place yesterday and her FOUR year old is still in nappies full time! That's gotta make you feel better about Master Two taking a while to get the idea!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
 Post Reply Post Reply