FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedToys and Games for a 2.5 year old

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Toys and Games for a 2.5 year old
    Posted: 25 May 2008 at 1:49pm
I am unsure of what toys or games I should get for Lucy. She LOVES books and puzzles and has many books already, but I am unsure of what to get for her.

Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links

Brenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2008 at 5:04pm
Join a toy library. They are great! They have toys for all ages and it means you can keep up a constant rotation of new and exciting toys for her

My beautiful 2 girls...nearly 4 and 13 months
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2008 at 7:56pm
Depends what you are looking for.. in terms of, imagination or in terms of learning etc.

Ayja loves those big floor puzzles, Whitcoulls often has them on sale for 2 for $15.. they go down well here.

we go to the library often and get out new books, they also have a fair few few of their own - ayja got about half a dozen yesterday alone for her birthday.

The other thing she loves is simple games, ones that can teach turn taking etc.. matching games are pretty good like memory etc.   Ayja got some "tag tails" and they're great, - much like tag but you have to steal the other person's tail - it has kept them amused all day.

in terms of imaginary - something like dolls house or baby dolls always goes well too - as they start imitating real life, kitchen/teasets etc also.

and dress-ups - simple things like necklaces/hats/purses from $2.

Edited by mum2paris
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2008 at 9:00pm
jake loves puzzles. He has also just started using the computer....i don't recommend it - it drives me nuts. But the big floor puzzles are good. We also have the elephant butterfly catching game. great, BUT chews through batteries like....a big chewy thing
Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2008 at 9:31pm
Jack loves blocks we have 3 sets (which I don't recommend one set is enough) a wooden set, mega blocks, and these smelly kind of like mega blocks ones.

He also loves drawing and you can get art studios for under $10 with heaps of felts, pencils and crayons. Also painting and playdough are a big hit here.
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2008 at 9:05am
Liz we have that game too and yep - it looooves the batteries.

With computer time we set a timer and limit the girls to 10 minutes each and then that's all for the day, and they only really get to have a turn on the weekends, we don't let them every day, they're really good with that now, also stopped the fights.

painting's big here too. That and collage - we have a big thick round glue stick and i have an ice-cream container with cut up easter egg papers and bits of interesting materials like lace and fur off-cuts etc from my sewing and tinsel and all sorts. The spend ages doing that.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Lisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2008 at 5:38pm
Thanks!

Yep... we have lots of drawing equipment here, she loves to draw.

Might get some of those memory cards though, as she loves to learn
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2008 at 9:06pm
we just got a set of cards for Jake and we play memory and snap. doesn't quite have the hang of snap. he just puts down the cards, slaps down his hand, yells SNAP and takes all my cards.
fiona10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fiona10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2008 at 10:11am
Hi, I'd gone to Farmers last weekend and they have one of those magnetic whiteboards that you can stick numbers and alphabets onto. My daughter loved it so much she was playing with it for ages that i had to pick her up and take her. It cost $99.00. Great fun and educational, that would keep them busy for ages.
PositiveParenting.co.nz
social networking for parents in New Zealand
 Post Reply Post Reply