FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAwards for behaviour

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Awards for behaviour
    Posted: 21 June 2008 at 10:29pm
I went into our dollars and sense shop yesterday and came upon the neatest idea.

In there they had award ribbons, disney brand ones with characters like mickey etc and pooh bear and friends. and each award was for different things, ie, a bath time award, a good listening award, good helper award, clean room award, star student award etc. heaps of various ones, some were for birthdays etc, others were for learning to count to 10 i think it was, they had another for learning the alphabet.

Anyway, I grabbed a few of the ones that fitted the areas that we sometimes have trouble with, one being the bath (especially with ayja, sometimes she just packs it for no reason).    

Anyway, today, after doing ayja's hair and finding 1 wee "crawly friend" in there (and uttering a few million choice words)and only a couple of eggs thank goodness. We of course did the hair blitz, and bath and wash hair etc. She was sure to go nuts i thought, i was waiting for a really crap time of it. But nooooo, she actually was great, through the wet-combing, hair treatment, whole bath and hair washing (which the hair washing alone is usually enough to tip her off as she hates water in her ears), and through getting dressed, which is another time when she sparks off for no reason..

Paris on the other hand thought it was wholly unfair to have to go thru it all when "she didn't even have them" and whinged and performed all the way through the "ordeal".

So once they were dressed, I pulled the bath time ribbon out, and told Ayja that she had earnt this ribbon today and what for. She was so proud beyond beleif, and went and used the string attached to it to hang on her door.   

So it's great, it reinforced her behaviour for the good time, without being bribed into it, and the do know that i have other ones, but not which ones. I told them they will have to wait and see.   We have made rules that when the are awarded the ribbon they get to keep it on their bedroom door handle for the rest of that day so that they, and everyone can see it, and then mummy gets it back to use another day when she sees fit. but they're only for outstand-amazing stuff, not just marginal behaviour.

I just thought i'd share in case anyone else was looking for incentives. I have been looking for something "concrete" to give them as rewards for ages, I don't like using "treats" or lollies etc, and these I thought were a great idea.

If anyone was wanting some and can't find them as well, I'd be happy to grab some and send them to you.

Edited by mum2paris
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Sponsored Links

.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2008 at 10:44pm
Ohhh we need the bath one in our house, Nyah loses the plot, when it's bath time. I think its because her hair is so long, and it takes me ages to deal to it.
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2008 at 10:50pm
funnily enough - Paris was far better when her hair was down to nearly her knees than she is now with it at shoulder length!
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Spudling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spudling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2008 at 1:01pm
what a great idea, the sticker thing doesn't really work here cos Cailin has so many and plays with stickers 24/7 anyhow....stamps kind of work, but again, a bit same old same old for Cailin, I think these ribbon will work a treat....can't wait to get some
thanks for the idea

Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2008 at 6:00pm
I think that is a fantastic idea!!! I actually wish Maddie was old enough to do it with!

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2008 at 6:49pm
What a brilliant idea! I wonder if we can get them up here? Maya had to have her hair de-creepy crawlied again today, I've taken to doing it once a week coz otherwise she seems to get them constantly, and she screamed the whole time

Still, now it is clean and Mona has corn rowed it, it actually looks quite cute.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
 Post Reply Post Reply