FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedwhat time do your kids go to bed?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
2bmumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2bmumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what time do your kids go to bed?
    Posted: 27 June 2008 at 11:43am
What time do your kids go to bed? How long do they sleep for? Do they still have afternoon sleeps?

My two boys (3 1/2 & 2) both go to bed at 7.30pm. They then generally wake somewhere between 5am - 5.30am. DS1 doesn't usually have an afternoon sleep but DS2 has about an hour each day.

So what do your kids do?
Sara

Corban (22/11/04)
Connor (18/04/06)
Chelsea (21/05/08)
Sponsored Links

nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2008 at 11:58am
Hannah's bedtime is after Shorty St hehe (She's 3 years 8mos)

By the time we finish her story and have various time wasting activities going on it is probably closer to 8. And lately I've been having to wake her at about 7.15am... no idea how long she'd sleep for it I didn't. (Have to wake her to get ready for creche/work)

And funnily enough on weekends she is often up before 7am. Gah!

She still has an afternoon sleep as well (most days)

Edited by nikkiwhyte
MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2008 at 12:22pm

Michaela's bedtime is 7:30pm but like Hannah she gets put the bed after shortland street so closer to about 7:40pm.  If she's tired I'll put her to bed earlier.

She has an afternoon nap from 12:30 - 3pmish and wakes at about 6am.

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2008 at 12:31pm
Ayja has just turned 3, and Paris will be 5 in about 6 weeks - Both of them go to bed at 7pm, at the same time, sometimes 7.30 if we are having a running late night, or have been somewhere but definately depends what time we are due up the next morning as well. When i'm on mornings we try and start getting them to bed by 6.30 to make up for it. Our bedtime routine tends to start at 6.30 anyway with pajamas, teeth brush, hair brush, story then bed.     

Most mornings Ayja wakes about 6.30am because she's drilled into that routine from my work shifts when she is mostly out of bed by 6.30 but when i have holidays or haven't had early mornings for a while she will stay in bed for closer to 8ish if we're really lucky. Paris would sleep much longer if she didn't get woken by her sister calling out when she wakes up.

Ayja still has a nap every day, from about 12.30 till 2ish, Paris has a rest time for at least half an hour at daycare, but still has an afternoon sleep when home during the week and during the weekends for an hour to 2 hours depending on how tired she is, - at least 1 day during the weekend she sleeps for longer. We are trying to wean her off day sleeps during the week in preparation for school which isn't too hard as most of the time she's at daycare so doesn't have one. - she's always been a good sleeper though and her heart prob plays a bit of a part in that too.

Edited by mum2paris
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

2bmumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2bmumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2008 at 1:42pm
I started a thread not so ong ago called 'early wakers' which came up with some great ideas on how to deal with this. I though I'd found something that would work for us but I'm still not happy about simply resigning myself to the fact that DS1 wakes soo early (especially since we had a couple of months of him sleeping through till 6ish). I believe that DS2 would sleep alot longer if DS1 didn't call out, or if he doesn't call out simply makes alot of noise getting up etc.

So it's very interesting to hear how much sleep others have, I'm very envious of you all for having "sleepers".   I do think that the lack of sleep is partially responsible for DS1's very bad temperment lately, but also the arrival of his baby sister must ahve something to do with it.

Thanks for your replys think with these in mind I might get back onto working on getting him to sleep longer again.
Sara

Corban (22/11/04)
Connor (18/04/06)
Chelsea (21/05/08)
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2008 at 2:01pm
2bmumof3 i have a bad sleeper here... quite often he wakes once or twice in the night, either to get into my bed or just for a grizzle, and wakes normally at 6 but quite often any time from 5. if he coems in at 6 i dont mind but any earlier i send him back to bed. the other night he woke at 2 then again at 2.30 he was back in my room trying to sneak into bed...

nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2008 at 2:31pm
Ohhhh don't get me wrong, Han isn't a great sleeper. ha!

I mean, she's alright... but I did struggle for a looong time with midnight visits.

She's never risen tooo early though so I guess I'm glad for that.

Good luck with the re-training.
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2008 at 3:05pm
Maya goes to bed after Shorty during the week, and between 8pm-8.30pm on Fri/Sat nights when there is no school the next day. BUT during the week if she doesn't get out of bed and get organised for school she has to go to bed at 6.30pm which she hates. Doesn't motivate her to get organised any faster tho I wake her at 7.15am on school mornings, weekends she usually gets up when the gremlins and I get up.

Gremlins go to bed at 6.30pm and usually wake around 7.15am, but if they don't, I wake them by 7.30am during the week to do the school run. On the weekend I quite often hear them wake around 7.30am but they are happy to play in their cots so I leave them be until they start shaking the bars and calling out.

I wouldn't call any of them good sleepers tho - Maya plays up about going to bed, Mercedes plays up for her daytime sleeps and Sienna, well Sienna is in a league of her own when it comes to night screaming...
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Glow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2008 at 3:36pm
Brae goes to bed at 7.30pm
doesnt nap during the day & is up for the morning before 6am
Kal's bedtime is 7pm, has 2 day naps of bout 3hrs in total & wakes before 6am

Not good sleepers here
Mummy of Two Boys
B: 2004
K: 2007

2bmumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2bmumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2008 at 4:03pm
My kids are great at going to bed without complaint (well DS2 is trying it on at the mo since DD came home). DS1 is fine throughout the night bu just wakes early, DS2 wakes during the night and tries to climb into our bed sometimes 8 times a night.

DD is just the best little sleeper I could wish for. Goes to bed at 8.30, wakes somewhere between 2.30 and 3.30 then back down till 6.30 (unless boys are really noisy then she wakes at 5 with them    I soo hope that DS1 doesn't create bad habbits for DD also as he seems to be for DS2.

It's comforting just to hear there's others up at the crack of dawn (well dawn doesn't even crack till gone 7 now, which makes it seem even earlier).
Sara

Corban (22/11/04)
Connor (18/04/06)
Chelsea (21/05/08)
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2008 at 4:12pm

Andrew usually goes to bed at 7pm (or earlier) and wakes up about 7.30am he doesn't have a sleep during the day but I try and get him to have a rest (so I can have some me time).

Josh is usually 6pm and wakes at 7.30am and he usually has 1 sleep during the day.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2008 at 4:15pm

Michaela goes through stages of early waking somewhere between 5am -6am and I also get night visits but I'm a pretty heavy sleeper and usually she'll climb into bed next to me and I won't realise until my alarm wakes me in the morning so it doesn't actually bother me.  Even so we do like to encourage her to stay in her own bed so she gets a stamp in the morning if she's slept in her bed all night.

.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2008 at 4:42pm
Cooper goes to bed between 7 and 7.30 and sometimes wakes at 4 and then again between 7-8am

Conor goes to be at 8.30 on school nights and any time he wants in the weekend. Normally no later than 10.30pm.

Nyah goes to bed at 7.30 on school nights, and lately it's taken her around 45mins to fall asleep, she farts around in her room, doing god knows what (we find ignoring it is the best option). During the weekends it's between 8-8.30pm. She can wake between 6-8am.
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

Cassie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cassie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2008 at 5:44pm
Ivy goes to bed by 7pm most nights unless something special is going on, she is up at 7am in the morning and has a nap probably 3-4 days a week after lunches.
~Cassie~
Daizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2008 at 5:54pm
Keira is usualy in bed by 7. 6 when I'm on my own. She usually wakes right on 7 aswell.
She has just started having 1-2 hours nap during the day and the last few nights she has been awake untill about 8:30. Silly mummy for Keeping her up late on Tuesday mucking up her routine.

When Maddi came along her sleeps were completley mucked up. Not that Maddi was noisy at night, Keira was just too excited about her sister and wanted to see her really early in the morning. She didnt like going to bed for a while at first as she felt left out cos we still had maddi up.

pepsi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2008 at 6:34pm
Alyssa (almost 2) sleeps 7pm to 7-7:30am and no change to this even though we moved her to a big girl bed last weekend. She dropped day naps months ago and even though on the very odd occassion she has napped during the day, this doesn't seem to effect the night pattern.
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2008 at 7:16pm
both kids go to bed at 7 and get up before 7 on work days and after 7 on weekends.
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2008 at 8:23pm
Kryssi down 6.45pm, Bria 7pm, Hannah 7-7.30pm

Hannah wakes up first at 6.45am, followed by the others at about 7 or 7.15am.

Kryssi still has two day sleeps, Briona has a midday sleep (after lunch) and Hannah's growing out of her day sleep.
Jennz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2008 at 9:38pm
both down at 6.45- they both get up at about 7am. Kate has 2 day sleeps- about 1 1/2 hrs in the morning and 2hrs in the afternoon.
Jen, Charlotte 7 & Kate 3

kasbee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kasbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2008 at 12:57pm
All of mine are in bed by 7:30pm unless we have been out then it mite be abit later. Katelyn is the early riser in our house as soon as she hears DHs alarm go off, which at the moment is at 6:30, shes up and away, Blair and Ryan normally wake about 7.
Ryan and Katelyn still have an arvo sleep from bout 1 till 3. Man if they dont they are the worst kids to be around, they get so grumpy and anything sets them off.
Kelly, mother to
4 wonderful children.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>