FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedVery Possessive!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Very Possessive!!
    Posted: 13 July 2008 at 10:03am
Lucy is VERY possessive of DH!

When we go out as a family or even at the dinner table, she always runs to DH and tells me "I will go and see my daddy"... if I hold her and tell her that she is coming with me, she screams... " arrghhhh ddaaaddddy" !!!

DH is gettting annoyed with her, but loves her, and is sad for me as it gets me down.

Is this a phase?? hope so!
Sponsored Links

caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2008 at 10:28am
Yup for us it was a phase.
Ella is still very attached to her daddy but she really enjoys time with me too.
They learn to rely more on their daddies when Mum gets busy with a new baby, and this is a really good thing, but so hard when you're used to being the first port of call for them eh?
Once Benjy got a bit bigger and more independent I could take Ella out for girl's days together and we have such a special time together.
Maybe you could try that with Lucy?
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2008 at 7:20pm
I've heard that it swings from year to year as they develop their own sense of identity in the preschool years. It's not that she hates you, but last year she would have been particularly close to you and this year she is close to her daddy. Next year, she'll be back on your side, dressing up in your bras etc rofl
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2008 at 8:01pm
Its also a very recognised part of little girls development - freud had all these theories about little girls and their dads, and little boys and their mummies and it's quite interesting how aspects of them are so true. It's very normal for them to say things like they want to marry their daddy, etc etc, I definately noticed we had that with both of our girls around that age, playing one off against the other, and knowing to to push ones buttons so that the other gets grumpy and then off course, she gets the attention with daddy

Just try and re-itterate the usual roles of what you usually do, and what dad usually does and don't change them just because she's being difficult.

Also as others have said, the mummy-daughter dates do go down well, that and also days where it's just daddy and her as well - so that she does get her own time with each of you.

You may have also found that if after her baby sister came along, she might have started turning to her daddy when you were busy with baby, so date days with just you and her help with this, and also just wait it out, it gets better - as with most phases, just stick with what you'd usually do and she'll come back around to it.

Hope that helps and doesn't sound like a load of bull
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Post Reply Post Reply