FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOh no :(

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Hope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oh no :(
    Posted: 02 August 2008 at 4:39pm
So I was back in the Emergency department again yesterday

I was feeling sick and premenstrual at work yesterday, about a week too early for my period. I got some tests from the chemist and did a couple in the toilets - low and behold - a bfp on two tests BUT I started feeling really crampy on one side just like my last pregnancy which was an ectopic.

It was truly a shock because I thought that I knew when I ovulate and that the timing had been all out in July for any chance of pregnancy - obviously I do not know when I ovulate!

I had blood tests at ED to confirm bfp and and I am going back to hospital first thing on Monday morning to have bloods done again to check that hcg levels are rising appropriately. If they are not it would be an indicator of an ectopic. Its too early to check with a scan.

I don't have a good feeling though, its a dull ache on one side that can get to be quite a stabby pain - its the same side that I had the ectopic last time.

I don't really know how I'm feeling. Scared, alternating with numb I guess.
Sponsored Links

Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2008 at 5:24pm

HugHugHugHug Big hugs hun, so sorry you have to go through this. I hope you ahve a positive outcome on Monday. FIngers crossed

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2008 at 6:21pm
I hope monday provides you with some solid answers. Waiting really sucks. I hope it's just your body playing tricks on you
NeoshasMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeoshasMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2008 at 8:04pm
I hope everything works out for you

Mrs Te Kani ❤️
Neosha 26/5/2007
BusyMum2three View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BusyMum2three Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2008 at 11:00pm
Oh Hope, I have my fingers crossed that all will be ok.

xx
mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2008 at 12:56pm
Oh hun, hope everything is ok!

Fingers crossed for good results on Monday!

mummytobesep08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummytobesep08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2008 at 2:55pm
crossed fingers!!!!
could be implantation pains though aye? hoping its just something like that!
let us know!

Angel babes '07 & '10- <3 <3
linda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2008 at 3:54pm
I have had pains to the side with this pregnancy and also wondered if it was an ectocpic pregnancy but all was fine. Its hard, I know, your mind goes all over place (well mine did anyway) but just hang in there. Good luck for the bloods, I hope they are doing what they are suppose to do

Alex 6 and Harry 8
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2008 at 10:32pm
Best of luck on Mon! I had wicked pains on one side with the gremlins, so bad I had convinced myself it was ectopic but it wasn't!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2008 at 8:09am
I still have pains on my right hand side with this pregnancy but it is from a pregnancy cyst caused by the left over follicle that baby was made from. I had an early scan to check for ectopic but that's what they found instead.
I really hope you get some good news, and try not to worry (too much, impossible not to worry)

kezplanet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kezplanet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2008 at 12:22pm
Just checking to see if there was any news yet, hope all is well with this preg!
Kerryn, Mum to
Ashlyn(29/3/04), Anastasia(1/11/05) & Abigail (24/02/09)
Hope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2008 at 2:15pm
Hi ladies! Thank you so much for all your kind words of support, I have really appreciated them.

When I was at ED on Fri they told me to come back before Monday if I experienced any faintness or nausea. I felt REALLY nauseous last night so after tossing and turning I woke up DH and we went back to ED at 4am.

Well because I wasn't high risk I didn't get seen by a doc till 8am, and my appointment this morning was actually for 8.30am anyway!

Still crampy on one side but interestingly it didn't hurt to much when I had the internal examination. The gyne said hopefully it is just a bit of tender scar tissue from my ectopic.

The BEST news is that my hCG levels have increased from 300 on Friday to 970 today. The gyne (who is an awesome lady BTW) said it would be quite unusual to see a rise like that with an ectopic. She did warn me not to get my hopes up too high though until I have a scan.

I have another blood test on Wed and if it is up over 1500 I will have a scan to see if the embryo hit the right spot. So that is a lovely glimmer of hope for me and DH. We sooo want to be a mummy and daddy!
Mum_mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum_mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2008 at 2:31pm
Oh Hope that is awesome news about your levels! They WILL go up and up and up cos this baby is staying!

YAY!!!!! good luck for your next tests and scan!!!!

Angel baby - May 2008
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2008 at 3:29pm
That's great news, good luck for Wednesday and keep us posted.

jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2008 at 4:45pm
that's great news!!!!     all the best for your scan

kezplanet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kezplanet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2008 at 5:14pm
fantastic news, fingers, toes and anything else crossed (too late for legs) for wednesday, hope the pain gets better
Kerryn, Mum to
Ashlyn(29/3/04), Anastasia(1/11/05) & Abigail (24/02/09)
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2008 at 5:28pm
Yay! All the best for your scan!!
mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2008 at 8:02pm
Great news chick, fingers crossed for rising HCG and sticky baby (in the right place!)

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2008 at 8:14pm
Ooooo sounds very promising. I think you might need to revisit your threat title!!
NeoshasMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeoshasMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2008 at 8:34pm
yay that is such awesome news! I hope you start to feel less crampy soon though

Mrs Te Kani ❤️
Neosha 26/5/2007
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>