FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMy biggest fear!!!! Why??!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
WestiesGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WestiesGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My biggest fear!!!! Why??!!
    Posted: 05 August 2008 at 10:24pm
Well my biggest fear has happened!! I am currently in the process of miscarrying my first pregnancy. I just cant believe that it is happening. I dont want it to be happening but it is. I am exhausted from crying and just want the pain to stop. I dont want to believe that my baby didnt grow past 6w1d

The support from the March 2009 mummies has been amazing. I couldnt have survived the last painful and worrying week without their kind words and thoughts. Dh has also been amazing but he is also grieving.

Now I just want to move on. I still have bleeding which is fairly consistant, so I am hoping I wont need to have a D&C. As selfish as it may seem I just want nature to do its thing and carry on and start again.
Our Angel July 08 Gone but not forgotten

And to complete our family, our princess has arrived
Sponsored Links

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2008 at 10:32pm
Hugs Rianna, I'm sorry to hear your sad news

I felt exactly the same way about starting again, I remember feeling almost ashamed to ask the OB that did my d and c when we could TTC again coz I felt like I was betraying my angel but all I wanted was to be pregnant again.

Thinking of you,
Emma
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
BusyMum2three View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BusyMum2three Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2008 at 10:32pm
Hi Rianna,

I am so sorry to hear about your bad news. I miscarried in July also, I ended up having a D&C, I felt that this was the best way for it all to come away to give me the best chance of conceiving again without (hopefully) too many problems next time round.

I wish you all the strength you need to get through the next few weeks...

Feel free to PM me if you want :-)

Take Care

xx
Genie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2008 at 11:27pm
I'm really sorry for your loss. I remember feeling the same way, I couldn't wait to get pregnant again, felt like I needed to fill the void or something. Take care and do what you need to get through it.

Vanillabean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanillabean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2008 at 8:22am
So, so sorry to hear about this Rianna. After my experiences I truly believe that miscarriage is a bereavement like any other but more difficult in some ways because there are no social institutions for grieving.

Don't feel bad for wanting the miscarriage to be finished, its only natural to want this and there is no real way you can grieve and start to move on until it is.

This is a difficult journey but there are many of us here who have been through it and can support you.
5x mc, Jan 08, June 08, Nov 08, May 09, April 11

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2008 at 8:29am
I had a miscarriage in March, at the scan when baby should have been 6 weeks but only measured 4 (was just a tiny empty sac) I just wanted it all to be over. Luckily (if that is the right word) I started bleeding 2 days later and miscarried naturally. I also didn't want to have to go through a DNC. I think it is totally natural that once we know things aren't right that we just want it to be over so we can start moving on and definitely allow yourself time to grieve.

caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2008 at 9:05am
I'm so sorry Rianna08. Thinking of you xx
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

Mum_mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum_mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2008 at 10:12am
Hi Rianna, as you can see so many of us have gone through the same thing and we have all felt exactly the same - devastated! I understand about moving on as quickly as possible, i too wanted that but feel that having the last few months to properly let go has ben good for me but each to their own and you do what is right for you and your hubby.

Losing a bub is bloody hard becuase no-one except you and your hubby (and others that go though this) know what it truly feels like. some can not understand how you can get so attached to something so little in such few weeks.

I wish you all the best for your future, take care of yourself! x

Angel baby - May 2008
Leelee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leelee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2008 at 11:27am
I'm so sorry to hear your sad new Rianna. I'm thinking of you and your DH. Take good care of yourself hun
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2008 at 11:30am
I lost my baby at 8 weeks and found out at the 12 week scan.. so I know how it feels and wanted to send big hugs to you...i was so angry in the beginning then just sad...we were forced to wait three months which for me was good in the end..but very hard..

I had a DandC as I couldn't face passing my baby at my house(and it had already been 5 weeks) as losing her was hard enough let alone doing that as well..but it's totally a personal thing ..

all of us are here to talk if you need to (or just get angry) ..
Mum to two amazing boys!
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2008 at 7:40pm
Miscarriages are so sad. I don't think you should feel bad about wanting to conceive again though. I think just getting pg is enough to show you how much you really want to be pg! Hang in there, it's rather an emotional and hormonal time but it will settle down soon.
tiptoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiptoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2008 at 10:21pm
Oh rianna I'm so sorry to hear about your loss

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WestiesGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2008 at 11:39pm
Thanks everyone for your kind words and thoughts. Its so good to know there is great support here!! I think the worse thing is that you never expect it to happen to you and when it does it is honestly like loosing a real person.

Just a question though for those that have let nature run its course, how long did you bleed for? I started bleeding last wednesday but it was brown mucous. Sunday it turned to bright red blood and its been a med/heavy af like flow since.

nellybelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nellybelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2008 at 11:45pm
Just sent you hugs in the Planning Preg forum but this forum is really the right place for that. MC is such a s**t thing to go through (sorry about lang) it makes me so mad and sad that we have to experience it.

If you want to TTC straight away I reckon you should just go for it and do what feels right for you and what feels healing.

I had natural MC this May and last June - both times were different for bleeding. MC1 a week of heavy clotty blood, this time much longer duration and more spotting - but that was because of some retained tissue that came out naturally in its own good time.

Edited by nellybelly
mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2008 at 7:02am
Oh chick, you know how angry i was. Its perfectly natural to want to be get pg straight away or not to, totally individual.

I am so sorry this happended to you, its not fair! and like foxxy said, if you just want to vent or get angry or just let all your feelings explode we are all hear for you and willing to listen. Sometimes you dont want advice, just an ear and a hug (hope virtual will do)!

Big hugs hun.

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2008 at 9:05am
Mine was just like a period and lasted about 5 days in total. The first day was the worst with bad pains and clots and then the next day was not so great either pain wise then after that it calmed right down. My next period was pretty awful as well though just to pre warn you.

As far as I know it is fine to try straight away if you like, some doctors recommend waiting one cycle but I think that is just so its easier to date not because there is any medical reason to wait. I was told it could take 4-6 weeks to get my next period but my body treated the mc like a normal period and my next arrived its usual 27 days later.

There is a lady in the Jan mummies who got pregnant straight after a mc without having a period in between, she was still waiting for AF to arrive when she realised she was pg.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WestiesGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2008 at 10:47pm
Thanks Mel. And yep thats so true. The support we've had from the family we had told has been great but they have all tried to give me advice and its not always what I want..... Anyways I know here I can just vent And its great that everyone here is so supportive and understanding.

Today my HCG levels came back at 9000 which was again up from Tuesdays, very weird!!
Anways, my normal GP was away but I told his locum (sp?) that Im just over the bleeding. Its been 9 days now (10 days tomorrow) and I just want it to stop!! The bleeding in itself is exhausting! So she has done a referral to the hospital suggesting a D&C. Im hoping if we walk into the emergency dept tomorrow morning I can get it done

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2008 at 8:37am
Hope they can help you out at the hospital today

mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2008 at 10:01am
Oh chicken, my thoughts are with you!

Good luck at the hospital, I found it I couldnt even begin to move on until after the D&C, until it was all over.

Big hugs hun. Big, humungus hugs!!!!!!

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2008 at 7:16pm
Hope you went OK at the hospital Rianna I went to the ED when I was losing our baby and they organised the d and c within a few hours.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>