FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDrving myself crazy!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mum_mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum_mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Drving myself crazy!
    Posted: 12 August 2008 at 1:52pm
Well most of you would know that i miscarried in May. Since then all i want is to try again but after a few complicaitons with D&C my hubby wanted me to go back on the pill. Now one month on it all i want is to be OFF it! All i can think about is having a baby, i really want to try again and im driving myself mad! my hubby wants to wait 6 months to a year before trying again and i really don't think i can last that long.
I know ttc has to be mutual so thats why i went back on the pill but im getting well almost angry and upset that I can't start trying now!
Sorry for a ramble but has been bugging me for days and don't want to harp on at hubby - tho i know i should talk to him about it but dont want him to get angry at me

Angel baby - May 2008
Sponsored Links

HippyMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HippyMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2008 at 2:35pm
Tell me to shove off if this is too nosey, but what are his reasons?

And I'm sorry to hear about your miscarriage too - and can totally relate to that 'omgiwantababyNOW' urge!
Mama to two earth walkers & two angels.

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being. ~ Kittie Franz

Next Slingbabies! Meet - Friday 4th May !!
Mum_mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum_mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2008 at 3:26pm
His reason is that when i found out i was prego i went a bit "crazy" (i was grumpy more to the point)
and when i was losing the baby i was crying all the time (thats called grief!) and he wasn't hellishly supportive through it so i think he maybe felt that our relationship wasnt as stable as it was.
I personally think that when you go thru something like that it can put a bit of a void in the way. Our relationship is on track again (and when i say it went off track it was only for a bout 2 weeks)

Angel baby - May 2008
linda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2008 at 3:56pm
Gosh Hannah, that sounds tough. One of the ways I dealt with my MC was TTC again as soon as possible. The first few weeks are tough, so are the last few and then everything changes once the baby comes along but thats what having a child is about. Maybe it made him realise that his life would be changing and is maybe not quite ready for it

Alex 6 and Harry 8
nellybelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nellybelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2008 at 1:00pm
oh hannahbil I remember May, it wasn't a good month!

MC is such a tough thing to go through and it totally impacts on things with the DH.

Wanting to TTC straight away is fair enough! You were preg, of course you still want to be preg! I sure do!

Gosh you could write a whole book about this stuff, it's so hard and complicated.

I know we gotta compromise and TTC has to be mutual but your reactions seem so normal and healthy. Is your DH really sure he wants kids yet?
mummytobesep08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummytobesep08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2008 at 2:06pm
sorry to hear about ur MC hun!
really really sucks ur hubby doesn't wanna ttc again! I found the only way I could possibly fill the hole in my heart left after our miscarriage was to conceive again, which we did and its the best thing I've ever done! Luckily my hubby agreed...actually I dont remember even having that conversation with him but I assume he agreed as there was never any talk of going back onto contraceptives for a bit (oh dear maybe I should've asked lol!)

I've read that people who conceive straight away after a MC (or soon after) are more likely to have PND for some reason. I can't think why though. Maybe ur partners worried about stuff like that? Maybe he wasn't supportive while u were grieving as he might be one of those guys who doesn't deal with his own grief in that way, or keeps it inside.

Was ur pregnancy a surprise or had you been trying?

(PS I'm very impressed no-ones said "just go off the pill without telling him" lol! Yes i Know its wrong but Im sure you've thought about it!)

Angel babes '07 & '10- <3 <3
Mum_mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum_mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2008 at 3:42pm
haha mummytob you made me laugh about the pill - yes it had crossed my mind but i just couldn't lie to him and say it was a woopsy baby when it wasnt

Your right - maybe when the time came it hit him that he wasn't really ready. We were at a mates house last night and they ahve a 7 week old, when he was crying my hubby was looking all worried and then said that a bubby crying makes him nervous.

I spose maybe for his sake i will wait until January - no longer!!! Or maybe i will take the two months pills i have left and then complain about the "horrible side effects" hehe. Thanks for being understanding girls xxx

Angel baby - May 2008
mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2008 at 8:16pm
Good luck hun, I cant imagine what you are going through... but it will be far more enjoyable and special if you know your DH is totally into having the bubs too.

Hope he doesnt make you wait too long!

Post Reply Post Reply